Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cant Go Out This Weekend!

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
Beacuse of the FA CUP Final, My town (Uxbridge) has closed for the day! beacuse last time cardif were down the pubs all got smashed up! Bummer :(

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Uxbridge is (or was, at least. It may be entirely different now I suppose) a horrible, dirty shithole of a place.

Had the misfortune of living there for a bit in my younger days and I just remember it feeling like the most depressing, awful place I'd ever been.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Uxbridge is (or was, at least. It may be entirely different now I suppose) a horrible, dirty shithole of a place.

Had the misfortune of living there for a bit in my younger days and I just remember it feeling like the most depressing, awful place I'd ever been.

you havent been to Heathfield then

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk

Uxbridge is nice.. example.. a 3 bedroom house is shitty Newhaven. 150k. a 3 bedroom house in hillingdon (Uxbridge) 500k :wave:

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
Ok, we have a tube station 2 shopping centers loads of fastfood reasturants.. what more do you need?! oh and about 5 or 6 football league teams within 30 mins.. LUSH

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Uxbridge is nice.. example.. a 3 bedroom house is shitty Newhaven. 150k. a 3 bedroom house in hillingdon (Uxbridge) 500k :wave:

I'd rather live in Newhaven than Uxbridge any day, you'd have to PAY me 500k to even consider going back there. For a start, we're at least in a nice part of the world here, Uxbridge is in Middlesex, which isn't.

I remember our first night in that place (bearing in mind we lived on the base), being woken up by men with sandbags because the river at the back of our house had flooded the garden.

It was all downhill from there.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Clever.. So you are R.A.F also? the Base is a dump id admit that anyday of the week

I was at the time (or my Dad was, more accurately). Most of the time he was in the RAF, we were stationed at Brize Norton, with short stays in Uxbridge and Stanmore.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, done a 3 year post there

Lovely, so you got to experience the delights of 'Cartoontown' (as it was so wittily named at school).

All in all, I spent about 12 of the first 16 years of my life there, so know it rather well. Did you stay on the base itself or in one of the off-base quarters? What part of the RAF were you in? My Dad was in TCW.

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
Lovely, so you got to experience the delights of 'Cartoontown' (as it was so wittily named at school).

All in all, I spent about 12 of the first 16 years of my life there, so know it rather well. Did you stay on the base itself or in one of the off-base quarters? What part of the RAF were you in? My Dad was in TCW.

Sorry if i misslead you, Its my step dad thats in the R.A.F i just move around with him.. we always try and stay off base if we can, as being on base is like being in prison for me! i hate it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here