Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can We Get a Little PERSPECTIVE???

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
At reading, yes. But over the course of the season, we have the lowest per match average for shots and shots on goal in the division. Just over 7 shots with just under 3 on target per match.

View attachment 29291
Click to enlarge

But Reading was the most recent game and the one that we'll now hope to build on. We had plenty of chances = Gus is trying to address the problem.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But Reading was the most recent game and the one that we'll now hope to build on. We had plenty of chances = Gus is trying to address the problem.

I'm pretty sure there have been other matches this season (I'll check when I get home) where we've had as many shots and shots on goal, and they weren't built on.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm pretty sure there have been other matches this season (I'll check when I get home) where we've had as many shots and shots on goal, and they weren't built on.

Perhaps we're just not good enough to dominate matches in this division. But we're good enough to beat the weaker teams. Which is why we're mid-table and likely to finish there. We don't really need statistics to work that out... most of the time they're pretty meaningless anyway. Only two statistics count: final score and league position.

Last edited:

An Old Seagull

Jun 21, 2011
Worthing
My congrats

Many on here including myself have witnessed a midfield of...

Fraser El-Abd Loft Virgo

Only a few season ago! That was the utter coking, shitting f*** of a midfield we could line up with. We need to get a grip. It's only our first season back. Imagine if we have some PATIENCE how bloody good we are going to be in two or three seasons time! In fairness, many on here are patient and are realistic. Yet the LOUD MINORITY are just bleating on accesivley and there is simply no need.[/QUOTE]

Mr MurrayMint - I am not a regular poster (far to many knobs posting negative, senseless crap for my liking) but had to on this occasion to simply congratulate you on your use of our language;

Your "utter coking, shitting f*** of a midfield" description is the work of pure genius.

So, whilst reading some of the aformentioned knobs on here suggest you only posted in an attempt to seek adulation from fellow posters - you can certainly having mine - unfucking believable my friend...

Whilst here - I guess it is worth saying I agree 100% with your post

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Is it me or is it the same bloke that's trying to act like some kind of spiritual figurehead by posting saying not to criticise the likes of Harley, Casper etc the same one that's posting just 2 days ago saying we're paying CMS too much?

Hypocrisy in my book

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Jesus, reading some of the threads on here, I do wonder why some people bother with the Albion. You pay your money to get in, but if its all doom and gloom, perhaps you could tell us why. I have enjoyed most games at home this season, Palace aside. People like the op, Easy10 and Bhaexpress are spot on. We are in a great position really. Consolidation was always going to be the challenge this year. Anything else would be a huge bonus. I look at the big picture which includes the Amex, Tony Bloom, Gus Poyet, the Championship and the team and am very proud to say I support the Albion. Try to enjoy the ride, not kick against it. Of course there will be discussions on individual players, its inevitable. But we need to get behind the team when they are playing, and a bit less of the groaning in my opinion.

Is it me or is it the same bloke that's trying to act like some kind of spiritual figurehead by posting saying not to criticise the likes of Harley, Casper etc the same one that's posting just 2 days ago saying we're paying CMS too much?

Hypocrisy in my book

What on earth are you talking about sir? I am not talking about people moaning full stop or ceasing to offer an alternative opinion. I am saying that the accesive MOANING belowed at the team is completely wrong, specifically in the case where people say relegation is on the cards and we are 4 points off the bloody Play Offs!!! Have your opinion for christ sake, but I am having a go at the farfetch'd drivle that people are spouting.

CMS being on 20k plus per week is an OBVIOUS concern as
A) He has been missing a hat full of chances
and
B) because he is without doubt our highest payed player in the history of the club.

Ryan Harley not tackling someone TWICE, resulting in 3 or 4 threads stating he is a pink, fairy ELTON in shin pads is not necessary.

i loved that midfield......sniff

As did I Dave, as did I. I also miss the days where Sullivan would attempt a long HOOF outwide towards Mcleod, only for the ball every time to skim off his head into the south stand and bounce aimlessly on the running track. Good days they were.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just think its brilliant that for the first time in recent history, we get to bitch and gripe and moan about normal football things like players, pies and public transport, other than having to worry our little cotton socks about poxy f***ing Areas Of Alleged Natural Beauty, Lewes District Inbred Council, bats, badgers and all the rest of the bollocks. We might all disagree fiercely from time to time, or indeed ALL of the time, but at least we're all disagreeing fiercely about footballing matters. Hoorah! :clap:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What on earth are you talking about sir? I am not talking about people moaning full stop or ceasing to offer an alternative opinion. I am saying that the accesive MOANING belowed at the team is completely wrong, specifically in the case where people say relegation is on the cards and we are 4 points off the bloody Play Offs!!! Have your opinion for christ sake, but I am having a go at the farfetch'd drivle that people are spouting.

CMS being on 20k plus per week is an OBVIOUS concern as
A) He has been missing a hat full of chances
and
B) because he is without doubt our highest payed player in the history of the club.

Ryan Harley not tackling someone TWICE, resulting in 3 or 4 threads stating he is a pink, fairy ELTON in shin pads is not necessary.

CMS has been one of the players of the season so far ... how can he be an obvious concern? He certainly isn't to me and when he starts to get some decent service and a buddy up front I'm sure he'll be fine ... missing a couple is part and parcel of being in that role ... must've missed the "hat full"

Harley has been cack all season and the criticism isn't about 2 missed tackles at Reading .. apart from the P'boro kick he's done SFA .. he's lethargic, can't tackle for toffee, misplaces passes doesn't make himself available or create much.

You only got to go back over player ratings to see what the majority think of both.

You're entitled to your point of view and reckon you should respect the views of others too, whether you agree with them or not

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
CMS has been one of the players of the season so far ... how can he be an obvious concern? He certainly isn't to me and when he starts to get some decent service and a buddy up front I'm sure he'll be fine ... missing a couple is part and parcel of being in that role ... must've missed the "hat full"

Harley has been cack all season and the criticism isn't about 2 missed tackles at Reading .. apart from the P'boro kick he's done SFA .. he's lethargic, can't tackle for toffee, misplaces passes doesn't make himself available or create much.

You only got to go back over player ratings to see what the majority think of both.

You're entitled to your point of view and reckon you should respect the views of others too, whether you agree with them or not

Some valid points on both sides here (I reckon [MENTION=177]Brovion[/MENTION] has been the most succinct in expressing my feeling so far) but one thing to add:

I really fail to see how CMS can be an obvious concern. He's been utterly brilliant.

pea

Dec 28, 2011
North Laine
I just think its brilliant that for the first time in recent history, we get to bitch and gripe and moan about normal football things like players, pies and public transport, other than having to worry our little cotton socks about poxy f***ing Areas Of Alleged Natural Beauty, Lewes District Inbred Council, bats, badgers and all the rest of the bollocks. We might all disagree fiercely from time to time, or indeed ALL of the time, but at least we're all disagreeing fiercely about footballing matters. Hoorah! :clap:

:D this is the utopia everyone worked towards!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some valid points on both sides here (I reckon @Brovion has been the most succinct in expressing my feeling so far) but one thing to add:

I really fail to see how CMS can be an obvious concern. He's been utterly brilliant.
To be honest I don't think it's a question of 'sides', if it is I'm most firmly on the OP's 'side'. My point was solely that expressing a bit of concern about our current blip or pointing out that Player X didn't have a particularly good game doesn't automatically make someone a moaner, a whinger and an all-round ungrateful clueless bastard in need of a reality check.

And this style of thread DOES crop up again and again.

Last edited:

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I would venture to suggest that MurrayMints speaks for the majority of supporters - the silent majority. Unlike last season Gus has been plagued with injuries to squad members this time around and I doubt if he has ever been able to field his first choice eleven. Given this and the suspension problems we are doing well to be holding our own in mid table with still a chance of making a run for the play offs. I am just grateful the moaners do not support any of the 56 or so clubs below us in the FL or they would be on major medication for depression. Labelling new supporters as JCLs certainly does not help. These are the fans we lost after the Goldstone days and we need them now and many more of them. I can remember the days when local politicians refused to support the club's plans because the fan base was not big enough.

Yes some players have been caught out by the pace and power of the Championship but how many of us saw that coming - few I suggest? And what about the players who have risen to the challenge (Greer, Dunk, Bridcutt and Noone)? BHA has spent most of its life in the lower two divisions and stuggling in them a good amount of that time. For the first time we have a fit for purpose stadium and the resources to reach the potential for a city the size of Brighton and Hove. I guess that would be achievements on par with the likes of Ipswich, Norwich, Reading, Swansea etc. These are teams that have won cups and Leagues and held their own in the Prem at different times and played in Europe.

Part of the formulae for success is steady, growing support. Listing names of players that should be calliing for a taxi helps nobody and spitting venom at them certainly does not.

Those supporters like me who have followed the Albion for decades have learnt to recognise success and failure for what they are. I still get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach the time they lost to Cambridge United and sunk to the bottom of League 2 for the first time in their history.

We are on the verge of something great but just need to be patient and support the team through thick and thin. What cheers me is that away from some of the NSC posts support at the Amex has been fantastic as witness the Burnley game and perhaps that is a better measure of the feelings of the majority of supporters.

And finally the Reading game. We were not 3-0 worse than Reading. If we had managed to get a goal during the dominant periods in the second half the outcome could have been very different. On another day that could have been a 3-3 game. It was a bit like the reverse of the Peterborough game - remember all the possession they had and shots on goal but we took our chances that day.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Just to follow up:

shots 2011.12.28.jpg
(click to enlarge)

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I would venture to suggest that MurrayMints speaks for the majority of supporters - the silent majority. Unlike last season Gus has been plagued with injuries to squad members this time around and I doubt if he has ever been able to field his first choice eleven. Given this and the suspension problems we are doing well to be holding our own in mid table with still a chance of making a run for the play offs. I am just grateful the moaners do not support any of the 56 or so clubs below us in the FL or they would be on major medication for depression. Labelling new supporters as JCLs certainly does not help. These are the fans we lost after the Goldstone days and we need them now and many more of them. I can remember the days when local politicians refused to support the club's plans because the fan base was not big enough.

Yes some players have been caught out by the pace and power of the Championship but how many of us saw that coming - few I suggest? And what about the players who have risen to the challenge (Greer, Dunk, Bridcutt and Noone)? BHA has spent most of its life in the lower two divisions and stuggling in them a good amount of that time. For the first time we have a fit for purpose stadium and the resources to reach the potential for a city the size of Brighton and Hove. I guess that would be achievements on par with the likes of Ipswich, Norwich, Reading, Swansea etc. These are teams that have won cups and Leagues and held their own in the Prem at different times and played in Europe.

Part of the formulae for success is steady, growing support. Listing names of players that should be calliing for a taxi helps nobody and spitting venom at them certainly does not.

Those supporters like me who have followed the Albion for decades have learnt to recognise success and failure for what they are. I still get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach the time they lost to Cambridge United and sunk to the bottom of League 2 for the first time in their history.

We are on the verge of something great but just need to be patient and support the team through thick and thin. What cheers me is that away from some of the NSC posts support at the Amex has been fantastic as witness the Burnley game and perhaps that is a better measure of the feelings of the majority of supporters.

And finally the Reading game. We were not 3-0 worse than Reading. If we had managed to get a goal during the dominant periods in the second half the outcome could have been very different. On another day that could have been a 3-3 game. It was a bit like the reverse of the Peterborough game - remember all the possession they had and shots on goal but we took our chances that day.
:clap2: nothing to add :bowdown: superbly put :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here