Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can We Get a Little PERSPECTIVE???

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
These threads may have been done to death on here ( I dont read or post much anymore) however I felt the need to say something.

The general negativity, over-hyped expectations and ridiculous critiscism, most unwarranted on North stand Chat at the moment is beyond a joke! What did people honestly expect from this season? How long have we been out the Championship? Did people honestly think we would be challenging the likes of West Ham and Birmingham at the top of the League? We haven't got the same infastructure, built like the later two over a number of seasons in the Premiership and Championship. We have just spent over a decade playing in an ATHLETICS track and as soon as we get a spanking new ground people expect us to be world beaters. PERSPECTIVE please.

We are (4?) points off the play offs? What a fantastic season this is! Last season many would have been happy with that in LEAGUE ONE considering we had been in a relegation scrap for about 2 years. We need to a grip.

A lot of posters on here are quite literally wetting the bed that Harley misses a few tackles, Ankergren makes about TWO MISTAKES, Barnes isnt scoring despite being played in midfield at 21 years old, Buckley and Vicente are sicknotes get rid! despite one winning us two games and the other, known for his injuries prior to signing RAVAGING LIVERPOOL, Gus keeps being racist ( not sticking up for his friends) and he isnt what we thought he was ( despite moving us up about forty league positions at his peak since taking over).

Can we please just get a bit of perspective? People saying we are relegation fodder after losing at Reading where, due to injuries, we had a 38 year old assistant manager and a center back at full back. And we could have drawn or won the game!

Many on here including myself have witnessed a midfield of...

Fraser El-Abd Loft Virgo

Only a few season ago! That was the utter coking, shitting f*** of a midfield we could line up with. We need to get a grip. It's only our first season back. Imagine if we have some PATIENCE how bloody good we are going to be in two or three seasons time! In fairness, many on here are patient and are realistic. Yet the LOUD MINORITY are just bleating on accesivley and there is simply no need.
Fabulous post :clap: :clap2: :bowdown: :albion2:

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Gus will make a few mistakes, players will make a few mistakes, what I am looking forward too is a couple of years in the Championship until we are solid enough to challenge for and sustain a place in the top flight - oh yes and a season ticket next year. FFS get behind the team and be positive!

With respect, sounds like its you that needs to get a bit of a grip. Maybe save the histrionics for another day when somebody gives a shit?

With respect, your post is a tad ludicrous. You normally post some sense on here but ah well. PERSPECTIVE is what I am calling for. In order for that to happen we need to look back, no? People on here did say "play offs" last season. Tony Bloom came out and called for a top two finish and people thought he was INSANE. Anyway I always get these kind of sarcastic remarks from you and other posters on here of a similar post count/ join date, usually along the lines of "who gives a shit" Well evidentally, other people on this thread do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We started brilliantly this season and have tailed off from that down to 11th, 4 points off the Playoffs.

Had we started off shittily this season but recovered to this position, then the fact is, this messageboard would be a VERY different place right now. On August 1st, if anyone had offered 11th and within 4 points off 6th, I'd have bitten their hand off and sucked on the bloody stump. The OP is spot on with his observations. We are a team in transition, a work in progress with a rookie manager, finding our way at a level we've not competed at for a long time - and 5 months into that, for my money, we ain't doing badly at all. UNLESS you were fully anticipating this season to be a tilt at the title, or assuming top 6 was a gimmie, in which case I'd cautiously venture you know the square route of f*** all about this club, where we are right now, or football in general.

This season is about consolidating and building, anything else we achieve beyond that is a MASSIVE bonus. If thats not GOOD enough for some of you then please cock off and jump on some other bandwagon, maybe one thats already in the "promised land" of the Prem. For me, I'm just going to enjoy the ride this season, because right now I think its a privelige to be in this division, in this stadium, and holding our own.

If midtable isn't good enough for you (which is where I firmly believe we will finish), then in the words of a great ex-player - BORE OFF.

We started brilliantly this season and have tailed off from that down to 11th, 4 points off the Playoffs.

Had we started off shittily this season but recovered to this position, then the fact is, this messageboard would be a VERY different place right now. On August 1st, if anyone had offered 11th and within 4 points off 6th, I'd have bitten their hand off and sucked on the bloody stump. The OP is spot on with his observations. We are a team in transition, a work in progress with a rookie manager, finding our way at a level we've not competed at for a long time - and 5 months into that, for my money, we ain't doing badly at all. UNLESS you were fully anticipating this season to be a tilt at the title, or assuming top 6 was a gimmie, in which case I'd cautiously venture you know the square route of f*** all about this club, where we are right now, or football in general.

This season is about consolidating and building, anything else we achieve beyond that is a MASSIVE bonus. If thats not GOOD enough for some of you then please cock off and jump on some other bandwagon, maybe one thats already in the "promised land" of the Prem. For me, I'm just going to enjoy the ride this season, because right now I think its a privelige to be in this division, in this stadium, and holding our own.

If midtable isn't good enough for you (which is where I firmly believe we will finish), then in the words of a great ex-player - BORE OFF.

I WAS going to write that as well but would have been typically lambasted for it. Good post mate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I WAS going to write that as well but would have been typically lambasted for it. Good post mate.

Why lambasted ? You made perfect sense and its an emminently defensible position because, basically, its RIGHT.
Although if you had the same bloody stumps analogy in mind I'd have been moderately surprised.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Post of the year there mate.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Well put .

These threads may have been done to death on here ( I dont read or post much anymore) however I felt the need to say something.

The general negativity, over-hyped expectations and ridiculous critiscism, most unwarranted on North stand Chat at the moment is beyond a joke! What did people honestly expect from this season? How long have we been out the Championship? Did people honestly think we would be challenging the likes of West Ham and Birmingham at the top of the League? We haven't got the same infastructure, built like the later two over a number of seasons in the Premiership and Championship. We have just spent over a decade playing in an ATHLETICS track and as soon as we get a spanking new ground people expect us to be world beaters. PERSPECTIVE please.

We are (4?) points off the play offs? What a fantastic season this is! Last season many would have been happy with that in LEAGUE ONE considering we had been in a relegation scrap for about 2 years. We need to a grip.

A lot of posters on here are quite literally wetting the bed that Harley misses a few tackles, Ankergren makes about TWO MISTAKES, Barnes isnt scoring despite being played in midfield at 21 years old, Buckley and Vicente are sicknotes get rid! despite one winning us two games and the other, known for his injuries prior to signing RAVAGING LIVERPOOL, Gus keeps being racist ( not sticking up for his friends) and he isnt what we thought he was ( despite moving us up about forty league positions at his peak since taking over).

Can we please just get a bit of perspective? People saying we are relegation fodder after losing at Reading where, due to injuries, we had a 38 year old assistant manager and a center back at full back. And we could have drawn or won the game!

Fraser El-Abd Loft Virgo

Only a few season ago! That was the utter coking, shitting f*** of a midfield we could line up with. We need to get a grip. It's only our first season back. Imagine if we have some PATIENCE how bloody good we are going to be in two or three seasons time! In fairness, many on here are patient and are realistic. Yet the LOUD MINORITY are just bleating on accesivley and there is simply no need.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hmm. When we came into this division in the 70s, people didn't think we needed to consolidate before making a promotion push then. What's wrong with wanting more? I've done my time in the lower leagues, been to gillingham etc. But wouldn't mind swapping with the other team that came up and currently leads the division. Or should they be consolidating too? Yes we've come a long long way together.... But what's wrong with going a bit further eh?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Hmm. When we came into this division in the 70s, people didn't think we needed to consolidate before making a promotion push then. What's wrong with wanting more? I've done my time in the lower leagues, been to gillingham etc. But wouldn't mind swapping with the other team that came up and currently leads the division. Or should they be consolidating too? Yes we've come a long long way together.... But what's wrong with going a bit further eh?

Good question, but to be honest I am loving the Championship. Why aspire after the Prem when life is good now? It's rather like wishing for next year's Christmas presents before you've even opened this year's. Any ascent into the Prem in the next few years would almost inevitably end in embarrassing failure.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

So, on present form we are sliding into the abyss of a desperate relegation battle; a half empty Amex; and the return of Martin Hinshelwood as Caretaker Manager... and you are standing there with your hands over your ears going "laa laa laa laa... I can't hear you..."

:nono:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Spot on.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Fraser El-Abd Loft Virgo

JCL - no mention of Top Flight or the Goldstone...your sights are set too low cos it's all you've known??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You make a good point. It's similar to when people suggest a team has been promoted too quickly. How can you be promoted too quickly? If you're too good for a division you go up no matter what the time scale. Are you a better team if you get promoted a year or two later?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I think there is a big difference between those hoping / dreaming for promotion to the top flight, thinking that it will be fantastic if we achieve it this year, next year or whenever (if we ever do) and those who think that we should be going up this season and think that anything less is a failure

Consolidating isn't a bad thing (especially from where we have just come from) and anything extra this season is a bonus, Don't you think Bloom and Poyet would love to get to the top flight? However they won't get all negative and moany if we fail to achieve it this season so why are a few outspoken 'fans'(?) on here expecting or demanding it?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think there is a big difference between those hoping / dreaming for promotion to the top flight, thinking that it will be fantastic if we achieve it this year, next year or whenever (if we ever do) and those who think that we should be going up this season and think that anything less is a failure

Consolidating isn't a bad thing (especially from where we have just come from) and anything extra this season is a bonus, Don't you think Bloom and Poyet would love to get to the top flight? However they won't get all negative and moany if we fail to achieve it this season so why are a few outspoken 'fans'(?) on here expecting or demanding it?

Forgot to add, the Top flight has changed since the 70's, the influx of money has drastically changed the division and its not as easy to get up and stay up as it used to be. Costs associated with the top flight have forced clubs into financial difficulty, whether through teams challenging to get up or spending to stay there by pay over inflated wages of journeymen footballers and unknown foreigners without a guarantee of avoiding relegation.

Football has moved on but some opinions about this have stayed in the past

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Some people would just moan whatever was to happen, its their nature however sadly more people take notice of them on here than their messages deserve because people don't know them in real life and don't get to know a personality from just a few sentances on a message boardm, a place where words carry an unproportional weight to them as people tend to give creedance to the written word and can't judge tone, etc..

Some people on here strike me as the sort of people who, if presented with a cheque for £1 million, wouuld still find reason to moan because they would then have to go to the bother of paying it in or waiting 7 days for it to clear, maybe they would moan because they fear people would start to beg them for a handout and so on.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008

Fraser El-Abd Loft Virgo

I agree with you mate, id like us to be around 7th at the end of the season then id call that a successive season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here