Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we catch Spurs ?

Jimmy Grimble

If we sign another attacking winger at the Mitouma kind of level then yes. I really hope we go out and buy someone ready to step into this team. It will lift the players and the fans up another notch in terms of belief.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
66EDA41C-8687-4C38-B065-22C635B47A9F.png

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes kick off moved it seems - so we want a draw don’t we?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Way too early for me.

Keep forgetting we are literally only half way through the season

Chelsea will get their act together, spurs have enough, Villa will start kicking on.

I’m very much top ten but would love to be surprised

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Spurs have no intention of renewing Conte's contract and both he and everyone else round the club knows it, then they could really crash and burn. What's in it for the players if they aren't even motivated by their own boss? If they all know he's going, then surely it's better for them to mutually agree to part ways now in the hope that they pick up some form before the season fizzles out entirely.

Weirdly, Kane is reportedly "considering" signing a new contract. Strange, given the uncertainty. Then again I reckon there's only two other EPL teams who could afford him: one of which already has Erling Haaland up front and the other of which is a scummy club who traditionally detest Spurs, so unless he wants death threats, he's not going to go to them. I can't see him fancying a club in La Liga or PSG, and none of the Italian clubs could afford him, so I think he might just have recognised the ship carrying trophies has long since left port.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
When the spurs (and saints) go marching in, really is the dullest of dull chants.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If Spurs have no intention of renewing Conte's contract and both he and everyone else round the club knows it, then they could really crash and burn. What's in it for the players if they aren't even motivated by their own boss? If they all know he's going, then surely it's better for them to mutually agree to part ways now in the hope that they pick up some form before the season fizzles out entirely.

Weirdly, Kane is reportedly "considering" signing a new contract. Strange, given the uncertainty. Then again I reckon there's only two other EPL teams who could afford him: one of which already has Erling Haaland up front and the other of which is a scummy club who traditionally detest Spurs, so unless he wants death threats, he's not going to go to them. I can't see him fancying a club in La Liga or PSG, and none of the Italian clubs could afford him, so I think he might just have recognised the ship carrying trophies has long since left port.
Bonuses for going to Europe, playing well to move to a decent club, playing to stay in their national teams, all of them hates to lose etc...

Strongest rumour about Kane is Bayern Munchen which would certainly be interesting.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I was thinking about it in these terms as well.

Given the quality of teams chasing us, I reckon we'd need to get to 70 points. 70 points would give us a very high likelihood of a CL spot.

To do that we'd need 39 points for the second half of the season, which is what Man U got from their first 19 games. It's tough. Very tough. But we can do it if we keep this standard up. We'd need luck with injuries and of course no more major sales.

Incredible that we're even in the mix for this.
If we perform the same as the first half of the season plus 6 points of Palace should get us over the line. I think we are better with RDZ and the team is still improving, agree we need to avoid to many injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here