Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we catch Spurs ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If we did I would suspect we would qualify for Europe or do you think we could catch Newcastle as well … ? Or we can just finish above Fulham and Brentford and accept Chelsea and Liverpool will catch us….

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Top 4 is probably out of reach. Newcastle don’t lose and Manure have enough quality to win most matches.

I agree that 5th is up for grabs if we keep Caicedo and Mac this month.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Genuinely think we could catch Spurs. There's a lot of stuff not right with them this season, & there's lots of twitter stuff coming out that the club/Conte have decided not to extend his contract past this season. It likely means they wont be investing more money this transfer window, and performance wise it could continue to unravel for them.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sure.
On the other hand I expect at least one of Liverpool & Chelsea to get going and might be tough to keep them behind if that happens.
It will be Chelsea. The millions they have spent means they have assembled an outstanding squad. The sheer presence of talent at their disposal will soon push them up the table.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s realistically possible anyone can catch us who’s within 12 points. It’s far less likely we’ll catch teams above us like Newcastle though. Just enjoy the ride and hope those around us either several points behind or above drop lots of points - makes it very interesting!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Sure.
On the other hand I expect at least one of Liverpool & Chelsea to get going and might be tough to keep them behind if that happens.
Agreed.

I can’t see Liverpool & Chelsea coming outside of the top seven.

As for the initial question. Not really ‘catching’ is it? 2 points behind with a game in hand is arguably a better position to be in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here