Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can Trossard now be considered world class?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe some just take the expression quite literally. Being able to perform against any team in the world could be seen as world class.
Its like the age-old "who's the bigger club" argument then. People always have wildly different parameters, making it impossible to reach a consensus. There is no right or wrong answer about what determines "world class" I suppose, only opinion.

Personally I think to be described as being world class, you have to do more than just 'perform' against the best teams in the world. You have to EXCEL. Stand out. And do it over a period of time. I've said this before - in my lifetime, I think I have witnessed 2 players at the Amex who I could without hesitation describe as being world class. Hazard and Coutinho were simply next level to anything I'd seen before (I've now seen Ronaldo too of course, and he was obviously world class, but he stunk the place out that day).

Much as I love him, I can't put Trossard in that bracket. Nowhere near. Hence - not world class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here