Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can Trossard now be considered world class?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
His inconsistency is what takes that label off him for me. What I find deeply sad is I thought Bissouma was starting to sit in that category and now he's a shell of himself at Spurs.
Neither Trossard nor Bissouma are anything like world class l'm afraid. In games where we were crying out for them to perform and take the game by the scruff of the neck, neither of them were able, or prepared, to do so.

At their best, yes both are brilliant players, but those occasions didn't occur frequently enough.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Neither Trossard nor Bissouma are anything like world class l'm afraid. In games where we were crying out for them to perform and take the game by the scruff of the neck, neither of them were able, or prepared, to do so.

At their best, yes both are brilliant players, but those occasions didn't occur frequently enough.
Absolutely agree. I love Trossard and think he's massive for us, but he at his best against big teams where there's a fast pace and more space in behind. If he was truly world class (something I ascribe to very few players) then he wouldn't have been a passenger vs Nottingham Forest, Brentford or Fulham, he'd have been the difference.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Absolutely agree. I love Trossard and think he's massive for us, but he at his best against big teams where there's a fast pace and more space in behind. If he was truly world class (something I ascribe to very few players) then he wouldn't have been a passenger vs Nottingham Forest, Brentford or Fulham, he'd have been the difference.
He didn't have a great game against Villa either (although his shot that hit the bar , line and top of the net after the whistle was world class :ROFLMAO: )

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
De Zerbi said he believes Tross is playing to 80% of his true ability, and he thinks Tross could be disappointed when he looks back on his career if he doesn't reach 100%. This didn't seem to work well as a motivation for the Villa game 😉.

No... I can't remember where I read it, sorry. Anyway, RDZ possibly knows what he's talking about.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He doesn't play for Chelsea, so obviously an also-ran.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No he's patently not world class, because he's never properly performed at world level yet.

If he rips it up at this World Cup then we can revisit the conversation. Until then though, he can be considered "very good on his day" and no more than that.
PL is a higher level than the World Cup :shrug:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
International class - I would normally say that the top couple of players on each position are world class. Clearly Trossard isn’t, except in our eyes until he goes to Chelsea when he will suddenly become crap.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
No he's patently not world class, because he's never properly performed at world level yet.

If he rips it up at this World Cup then we can revisit the conversation. Until then though, he can be considered "very good on his day" and no more than that.
Pretty sure you're being sarcastic, in fact, I'm certain!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Trossard vs the “big six” is a very different player to Trossard vs not the big 6. He’s too inconsistent to be deemed “world class”, IMO.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
With you on Trossard. I’m not sure what the expectation of Bissouma, as a DM, was in similar circumstances to mean he wasn’t even nearly world class, though.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
His inconsistency is what takes that label off him for me. What I find deeply sad is I thought Bissouma was starting to sit in that category and now he's a shell of himself at Spurs.
Agree on Tross's inconsistency. He was pretty anonymous vs Villa and one other game (Leicester?) he was about to be subbed with Mitoma and he suddenly woke up and scored.

Biss is hampered by Spuds style of playing. Doesn't suit him as no space. He's still quality tho.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretty sure you're being sarcastic, in fact, I'm certain!
Mmmnah. World class is performing consistently at an ELITE level. Tross has never been that, he blows hot and cold.

Despite @Swansman 's assertion that the PL is a superior competition to the World Cup, if Trossard gets the gametime, has a good tournament and causes problems for some of the Big Boys, then he can get his foot in the door of the "world class" lobby. But then he'd have to do it consistently in the Champions League too.

"World class" is banded about very cheaply on here by some.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mmmnah. World class is performing consistently at an ELITE level. Tross has never been that, he blows hot and cold.

Despite @Swansman 's assertion that the PL is a superior competition to the World Cup, if Trossard gets the gametime, has a good tournament and causes problems for some of the Big Boys, then he can get his foot in the door of the "world class" lobby. But then he'd have to do it consistently in the Champions League too.

"World class" is banded about very cheaply on here by some.
Maybe some just take the expression quite literally. Being able to perform against any team in the world could be seen as world class.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I had a feeling as soon as he had booked a place to the World Cup his levels would go down. Unfortunately back to being the Trossard we all know so well for the last two games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here