Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can the good folk of NSC help a little girl walk again.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
When I first saw the amount needed, I wasn't sure that it was possible, so pleased to be proven wrong. Well done to everyone involved.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
https://www.justgiving.com/Scarlettswishtowalk/

View attachment 52170

A Palace fan and his wife are raising money for their daughter, who has Cerebral Palsy. She has been cleared to qualify for a life changing operation in America which will enable her to walk, the family have to raise £65,000.00 to be able do it. A mammoth ask with help, let alone as a Postie working overtime.

The details about the her condition and the operation required are on the JustGiving page. I expect there will be some publicity about this in the coming weeks, both in the local press and through CPFC.If you have a million Facebook friends or Twitter followers, please share this page. Any small donation(s) is/ and are appreciated, as are the shares and just talking about it. This is certainly not going to be an easy amount of money to raise, and the family and friends are going to be working around the clock to organise fund raising events as well as caring for her.

If you do feel you want to help this little girl there is an added bonus, as one Palace fan who it has to be said dislikes everything Brighton, has stated that he will wear a Brighton shirt to what could be the Palace most important game of the season, the last home game against Liverpool, if Brighton fans can collectively donate £500 towards this little girls operation. All you have to do is add #Brightonshirt in the comments field when donating any small amount for this cause.
Apply to the Albion charity match day for charity's application is on the web site. I think it would be great if we could help. The Albion have asked for applications by the end of July this would be good PR for our fans. Maybe the REMF could help

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Superb news, so glad that it has been reached and proud to be an Albion fan with the support you got on here.

All the best for the next steps and I am sure I speak for us all when I say she will be in our thoughts during what will likely be an exhausting and testing time. It would be great if she was able to be a mascot for an REMF game or if we got Palace in the cup

JONBOY

Mar 25, 2014
Hi all, I haven't updated since we were in America when Scarlett had her operation last month, the weeks seem to have flown by!
So I thought I'd let you all know how Scarlett is getting on. She is having daily physiotherapy to strengthen her muscles up, this intense rehabilitation will be ongoing for the next couple of years, along with keeping up with physio for the rest of her life. Since we returned home Scarlett has dealt with everything so well, she now has to wear knee high leg braces all day, and changes into night time leg braces and knee immobilisers to keep her legs straight so to not allow how to curl up in a ball while sleeping risking shortening her hamstring muscles and causing them to become tight again.
Having to wear the day braces has put Scarlett's physical development back a little but this was expected. We have seen some very good changes to Scarlett's body since her SDR , she has great range of movement she can now take wider side steps, wriggle her toes and make circle and up and down movements with her feet and ankles, things she wasn't able to do before SDR. She is also able to use her left hand more freely and is able to fully extend her left arm, making getting dressed so much easier now the tightness has gone.
This week our physiotherapist even commented how much stronger Scarlett has got in the last week. Her standing balance is really improving as is her heel toe strike, opposed to dragging her feet, when walking, her walking hasn't reach her pre SDR level yet but we are at very early days and the day splints are hindering her doing this.
Scarlett has never been able to sit long sitting without having her knees pulled up and wobbling from side to side, but today for the first time she sat long sitting with nearly flat straight legs, hands off the floor and didn't wobble once. We are on the right road to improvement!!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for your donations and support in helping us get Scarlett to America to give her this life changing opportunity. Scarlett would of potentially been confined to her wheelchair in the future, dealing with the consequences of tight muscles, cramps and horrid spasms, so thank you all for helping us to rid Scarlett's body of the horrible effects of her cerebral palsy.
We will be forever grateful to you all.

We will keep you all updated on Scarlett's progress.

Love from the Hewitts 😊😊

needyeagle

Mar 19, 2014
I am so pleased for Scarlett that things have worked out well, great news

I would also like to thank all my fellow Albion fans for the way you got involved in helping Scarlett, you are a great bunch when someone needs help, Well Done.

Last edited:

From Sundays game where Scarlett was one of the mascots.

VOT0xQB.png

A huge thanks to all Brighton fans for their contributions.

It would be absolutely superb if some time in the future another picture was taken with Scarlet walking out with her kit on with her heroes.

Fantastic stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here