Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron v Miliband v Clegg: the official Question Time match thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Growth was going up and still growing after the election. Take a look at the chart, it's going down.
You're just trying to see whatever you can to support your agenda. Growth is better now than it was then, and our economy is currently expected to grow further. Picking one result to try and suit your argument is pointless.
Ed could have argued growth was steadily growing, what can the Tories offer after 5 years, growth is slowing and is the lower then when they took office.
No one is falling for your rhetoric.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I'm not saying I 100% believe Ed, but at least he actually addressed the question of what would happen if he doesn't win a majority and would be forced to deal with SNP. Cameron completely dodged it.

bless all of you that believe that labour wont do a deal to get in power if necessary.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
You're just trying to see whatever you can to support your agenda. Growth is better now than it was then, and our economy is currently expected to grow further. Picking one result to try and suit your argument is pointless.
No one is falling for your rhetoric.

Not picking an agenda, facts are facts Growth is at a lower rate today, then it was at the end of a Labour government. Look at the chart growth has fallen.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
how fracking obscene that sort of ugly thinking is,what sort of fascist are you that would deny the people of this country a democratic vote

Again, you can have your say at the election. If it's extremely important to you, vote UKIP or Conservative.

I don't want an EU referendum because I don't want us to leave the EU, it's that simple.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not picking an agenda, facts are facts Growth is at a lower rate today, then it was at the end of a Labour government
That isn't a fact. We don't know what growth today is, because growth isn't measured on a day by day basis. Today's GDP has grown compared with GDP 1 year ago, by more than it grew in the same period up to the last election. So growth is higher. Unless we only look at growth over a quarter, instead of a year, in order to suit an agenda.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
That isn't a fact. We don't know what growth today is, because growth isn't measured on a day by day basis. Today's GDP has grown compared with GDP 1 year ago, by more than it grew in the same period up to the last election. So growth is higher. Unless we only look at growth over a quarter, instead of a year, in order to suit an agenda.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/cha...growth.png?s=ukgrybzq&d1=20100101&d2=20151231

Look at the chart and then look further at the national office for statistics, the chart clearly shows before labour left office, growth had been growing for a year. Where is the agenda? It's facts and from independent source rather then the parties.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Look at the chart and then look further at the national office for statistics, the chart clearly shows before labour left office, growth had been growing for a year.
Growth had been growing? Growth was negative for part of that year, and then it became less negative, and your spin on that is that growth was growing.

The growth in the last 12 months is higher than in the 12 months before the last election. Do you dispute that?
Where is the agenda? It's facts and from independent source rather then the parties.
It's your interpretation of the facts that's biased and with an agenda.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Tut tut. No idea if this is true or not but......

111.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tut tut. No idea if this is true or not but......
Hopefully there's a bit more information available than just that picture. The BBC aren't normally accused of being right wing.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Just to confirm my prediction. Tories will have about the same number of seats as last time. Labour more in England but less in Scotland. Lib Dems will have about 15-20 less seats. SNP a few more and UKIP a negligible 5 or so max.
The Tories will just about be the largest party. For them it will be a Hobson's choice to continue the same coalition with the Lib Dems. The Lib Dems will agree because 1 the Tories have the most seats which Clegg had hinted was a major factor in the choice 2 the other option to go with Labour would mean too weak a majority collectively and 3 continuity.
It will still be interesting but I think you'll find I'm right. IMHO

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Just to confirm my prediction. Tories will have about the same number of seats as last time. Labour more in England but less in Scotland. Lib Dems will have about 15-20 less seats. SNP a few more and UKIP a negligible 5 or so max.
The Tories will just about be the largest party. For them it will be a Hobson's choice to continue the same coalition with the Lib Dems. The Lib Dems will agree because 1 the Tories have the most seats which Clegg had hinted was a major factor in the choice 2 the other option to go with Labour would mean too weak a majority collectively and 3 continuity.
It will still be interesting but I think you'll find I'm right. IMHO

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here