Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
??? :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He's obviously had too much to drink

Had a text saying it was 2-2 after the Albion went 2-0 down due to two own goals Oatway and Roberts
:eek: :jester: :jester:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
My text said not two own goals but two schoolboy mistakes, Roberts letting the ball slip under his body when it was easier to save for the first one and Oatway giving the the ball to an opposition player as usual for the second.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Awful mistakes, hopefully will be cleared up by the time the season starts. First goal, in my opinion, should be blamed on losing the ball in the first place and not getting it out quick enough not so much on Roberts.

Jul 10, 2003
The Icknield Way
2-2

1st half, bunch of tarts not fit to wear the shirt:

Roberts
Virgo Cullip Butters Mayo
Lee Oatway Reid Harding
Knight Kerekes

Fans: bunch of idiots who can only complain about the colour of the shirts and chant Argentina!, Argentina!

No coherence, lack of attacking nouse. Oatway/Lee contrive to give the ball away centrally to Chillingworth about 20 yards out whose shot goes in under Roberts' hand.
Then Oatway gives it away to Daniel Webb (yes Danny Webb) who slots home cooly. We respond with: nothing.

2nd half, total football (well not quite):

Kuipers
Hinshelwood Cullip Butters Mayo
Currie Nicolas Oatway Jarrett
Lee (Hart) Molango

Fans: that chant of Argentina!, Argentina! is quite apt.

This is more like it. Jarret and Currie push forward and we've actually got some attacking options. Jarrett wins a throw, long one from Mayo, nodded on by Cullip and in by Hinshelwood. A few minutes later Jarrett breaks from defence, plays it forward to Molango who rides a couple of tackles (through good fortune more than anything) and curls it in at the far post.

Ultimately not that promising but if we can put our best side together thing may not be too bad.

Performances of note:

Kerekes: thanks but no thanks.
Lee: hopefully we've seen the last of him.
Reid: I thought he was the best of a bad bunch in the 1st half
Harding: not a midfielder.
Hinshelwood: positive performance in the 2nd half.
Currie: personally I think he may have something to offer.
Molango, Jarrett: the bees knees
Nicolas: struggling to come to terms with the crude football in the lower divisions.
Oatway: given a chance to redeem himself in the 2nd half and to some extent he did.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge

Performances of note:

Kerekes: thanks but no thanks.
Lee: hopefully we've seen the last of him.
Reid: I thought he was the best of a bad bunch in the 1st half
Harding: not a midfielder.
Hinshelwood: positive performance in the 2nd half.
Currie: personally I think he may have something to offer.
Molango, Jarrett: the bees knees
Nicolas: struggling to come to terms with the crude football in the lower divisions.
Oatway: given a chance to redeem himself in the 2nd half and to some extent he did. [/B]

Concur with that, but I wouldn't have given Oatway a second chance, he was pants. The prospect of Jarrett, Molango, Nicolas (I thought he looked alright) Reid, Knight, Roberts and Cullip seems pretty good to me. Add a few youngsters in and things look quite promising.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
im finding it hard to see why kerekes is back for 2nd trial. not scored in a few games nowbut has missed A few chances (by all accounts). having not seen him myself im not sure. but does anybody think mcghee will sign him up.
or is he just desprate to get a tall foward in to compliment knight.
if this is the case surely we would be better just giving kerekes a monthly contract until we can find somebody better. or is he the answer? ???

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
graz126 said:
im finding it hard to see why kerekes is back for 2nd trial. not scored in a few games nowbut has missed A few chances (by all accounts). having not seen him myself im not sure. but does anybody think mcghee will sign him up.
or is he just desprate to get a tall foward in to compliment knight.
if this is the case surely we would be better just giving kerekes a monthly contract until we can find somebody better. or is he the answer? ???

Definitely not the answer today, he looked poo. Surely Molango and Knight woulod make a great partnership with some home grown talent as back-up. Would save on wages.

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
dunno who the fans were cheerin 'argentina' but they were complete idiots. :nono: the kit looks well nice and i hope lots of people hav it for the 1st few games of the season.:clap: well done molango and jarrett 2day, great games

Last edited:

SUFFOLK SEAGULL

Jul 6, 2003
IN KELLY BROOKS CLEAVAGE
no to kerekas and lee

he was useless as was lee ,mayo into reserves harding at left back oatway must not play unless someone needs man marking imho

molango and jarrett superb currie and nicolas yes to a contract not as long as molangos though kuipers as no1 keeper

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Verily I Say Unto Thee said:
Oh, and it's a long walk from the ground to the pub.
and even further to the train station *ow*

we where SHOCKINGLY bad first half , and weren't that brilliant second half

the kit was shit but jarrett was superb , molango was class (well taken goal)

and daniel webb is a **** , as if you hadn't guess

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Desert Orchid said:
Kerekes was awful - showing the touch of a pregnant rhinocerous on acid

Don't see many of those about nowadays.....

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
McGhee obviously thinks kerekes has something to offer, he is just saying that he is severly lacking in match fitness.

In my opinion though it doesn't matter how fit you are, if you're a striker and you are presented with a decent chance on goal (which he has been 5 or 6 times now) you should be putting some of them away - he isn't.

I cant see why he's still with us, maybe there aren't any other big target men around.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
chez said:

I cant see why he's still with us, maybe there aren't any other big target men around.

unfortunatly, that must be the problem.:glare:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Matthew James text me saying Kerekes has the touch of a pregnant rhino.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Donk the Seagull said:
dunno who the fans were cheerin 'argentina' but they were complete idiots. :nono: the kit looks well nice and i hope lots of people hav it for the 1st few games of the season.:clap:

couldn't agree more, i had to move away, cause they p*ssed me right off:angry:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
scarby said:
Donk the Seagull said:
dunno who the fans were cheerin 'argentina' but they were complete idiots. :nono: the kit looks well nice and i hope lots of people hav it for the 1st few games of the season.:clap:

couldn't agree more, i had to move away, cause they p*ssed me right off:angry:

Anyone who chants Argentina, whether in jest or not, is a complete spaz and should know better

You wouldn't chant "Deutschland" (sp?) would you?

Think before you engage mouths again, highly offensive to many to chant "Argentina"

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Anyone who chants Argentina, whether in jest or not, is a complete spaz and should know better

You wouldn't chant "Deutschland" (sp?) would you?

Think before you engage mouths again, highly offensive to many to chant "Argentina"
, Oooh, have to disagree there Ninj. Why is it offensive? Surely not because of 1966 and a minor war in 1982? Unlike England Argentina have consistently been one of the top sides in the world, no one minds when people sing"It's just like watching Brazil!" do they? I haven't seen the new kit but it sounds brilliant. "Ar-gen-tina! Ar-gen-tina!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports