Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood to Villa

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quite, so Villa are without an assistant manager for three months. Bruce's face will be redder by the day.
Very much doubt if Villa will be without an assistant manager for three months. Admittedly, CC's required notice period is likely to be contractual rather than statutory, so longer than a week. Expect compensation will be involved somewhere along the line.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Quite, so Villa are without an assistant manager for three months. Bruce's face will be redder by the day.

While any details on here will be speculating that is an interesting and heartwarming post.

If an assistant manager is covered by normal employment rules and not by the transfer and compensation rules applicable to managers and players moving club then Villa have royally shafted themselves. They are either going to need to pay us silly money for someone who is, effectively, a coach, or they are going to have to wait a fairly long time to get their man. You can also bet your bottom dollar that whatever has been discussed with regards to Villa tactics in Calderwood's presence will have been tweaked just enough that his info is useless to anyone. And lastly we are going to back our current, loyal players and managers to the HILT with a WALL of noise tomorrow. Right?

I'm having a drink or two in town first and I intend to sing till I drop once I get in the ground. Let's all show those with a bit of loyalty what they mean to us. :albion:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I believe CC has had some serious personal issues in his life the past few months, this move maybe driven by those issues so let's not be too quick to judge.

If Calderwood had gone to club with these reasons I find it hard the club would be so hard hearted and a deal could be done.
Reports state that Villa have interviewed Trollope twice bt then offered it to Calderwood.
Maybe the club believe Calderwood has been speaking to Villa already too...hence the garden leave unless compensation agreed.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
A minutes applause for Calderwood tomorrow would be a fitting send off in my humble opinion. I'm happy for those on this thread to choose in which minute this should take place.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Very much doubt if Villa will be without an assistant manager for three months. Admittedly, CC's required notice period is likely to be contractual rather than statutory, so longer than a week. Expect compensation will be involved somewhere along the line.

We'll have a decision to make as to whether we accept compensation and let him go immediately or make him see out his notice period/ contract. Down to Barber and Bloom to decide. Expect a lot depends on whether we see AV as strong competition for promotion. I expect we do. If not, then let him go after our match with them as a stronger AV would take more points off our closest rivals.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Many fans will remember the last time an assistant manager was poached. Alan Cork was Adams's right hand man. Was tapped up by a rival in the same league (Cardiff). We didn't lose to them that season, got Bob Booker in and the team went on to win back to back titles.

Let's see how this pans out. Clearly the club and players have had a week to work their heads round this and nothing leaked. So they may be resolute on this

I love your positive slant!

We're going to win the Premier League next season!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
1857984276.jpg

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I believe CC has had some serious personal issues in his life the past few months, this move maybe driven by those issues so let's not be too quick to judge.
I suspect this is more to the mark. C C needs to move nearer home, club agree, he resigns (agreed on both sides) so we can get a replacement quickly. Even if we don't replace him quickly, Rusk will step in again having done the job before. Pretty seemless to me and not worried in the least. If CC has got problems I wish him all the best and I am sure CH does too. A win tomorrow night will make this old news by Saturday:cheers:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Has this ACTUALLY come as a complete surprise, or is Calderwood leaving something that's been brewing for a while? Might explain why Paul Nevin was recently brought in.

Nevin was a replacement for Jones though wasn't he?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The way I read the club statement is that it specifically states that he "resigned" before taking the Villa job. Effectively meaning he was "out of contract" and "unemployed" at the time of signing for Villa. I do this on FM all the time.

I think not only has he ditched us for Villa, he's also done it in an underhanded manner that means we get no compo as well.

I hope I'm wrong about this.

Until his notice period is finished he is a BHA employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
After we dispatch Villa tomorrow night.
I would like to fast forward 6 months to our last game of the season when we celebrate our promotion to the premier league at villa park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Is Sammy Lee available . .?

Think we can all say that he's well and truly burnt his bridges with this club... anyhow he's Southgates right hand man at mo, so little chance that shyster would be interested.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A minutes applause for Calderwood tomorrow would be a fitting send off in my humble opinion. I'm happy for those on this thread to choose in which minute this should take place.
[emoji122]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This season is shaping up to be INCREDIBLE, based on what we've seen so far.

The only thing that was stopping this season from being ACTUAL PERFECTION was a lack of Inigo Calderon in the dugout.

That's all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah, like THAT stops anyone in this place!

Personally I feel uncomfortable at some of the antagonistic posts pointed in his direction. Life's too short to get angry, annoyed or disappointed. Thanks for you help, Colin; good luck in the future. Bye-bye.

Doesn't bother me where or when he's going, it's out of our control and none of our business. Onwards and upwards

Spot on. CH will find a decent replacement. In the meantime he can probably handle things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here