Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood to Villa

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
He's still our employee unless Villa want to buy out his contract.

The way I read the club statement is that it specifically states that he "resigned" before taking the Villa job. Effectively meaning he was "out of contract" and "unemployed" at the time of signing for Villa. I do this on FM all the time.

I think not only has he ditched us for Villa, he's also done it in an underhanded manner that means we get no compo as well.

I hope I'm wrong about this.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What if he tells villa all of our tactics?!!😠

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Beat Villa tomorrow and this'll be forgotten.

Lose and NSC can stew for a week as the sky falls in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is the first time I knew anything about this by reading this thread so without knowing anything beforehand perhaps we shouldn't jump to run anyone down on the subject.

As reported by many others on this thread Colin commutes a long distance to the South Coast from Northampton. Perhaps everything is very amicable. Col gets to work closer to home. We get compensated and everyone shakes hands on a deal where all parties are happy.

As for the post where someone suggested that Colin might be the mainstay behind Chris' success. I would point out that Newcastle were comfortably at the top of the Championship before Colin was ever brought in as his assistant for the very first time.

I am guessing at all of the above and have no way of knowing whether I am right or wrong but I would like to think that's what has happened

It's the timing. I'm sure TB and CH will not be impressed however amicable it may be

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What if he tells villa all of our tactics?!![emoji34]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

We've had since Saturday to reinvent them. I'd expect full backs playing as wingers, two holding midfielders who couldn't pass a bottle of port and Shamir Fenelon up front :moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The way I read the club statement is that it specifically states that he "resigned" before taking the Villa job. Effectively meaning he was "out of contract" and "unemployed" at the time of signing for Villa. I do this on FM all the time.

I think not only has he ditched us for Villa, he's also done it in an underhanded manner that means we get no compo as well.

I hope I'm wrong about this.

You probably don't need to give three months notice (or whatever it is) in FM. In real life you do and you can't work for anyone else in that notice period unless your employer (that you are leaving) allows it.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You probably don't need to give three months notice (or whatever it is) in FM. In real life you do and you can't work for anyone else in that notice period unless your employer (that you are leaving) allows it.

Quite, so Villa are without an assistant manager for three months. Bruce's face will be redder by the day.

el punal

Looks like the rats are leaving our sinking ship,He obviously doesn't want to be involved in our annual chokeathon .
One day the penny will drop,people CANNOT work with Barber.
This club will NOT make the promised land all the time this self obsessed bean counter is in Blooms ear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 8 of the thread, you're slow off the mark. Still, you never fail to disappoint.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has this ACTUALLY come as a complete surprise, or is Calderwood leaving something that's been brewing for a while? Might explain why Paul Nevin was recently brought in.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's the timing. I'm sure TB and CH will not be impressed however amicable it may be

I don't know but I think the timing makes perfect sense if it is was amicable.

If everyone knew it was happening, they could agree that he worked with us right up to the week before the match. He then agrees that there will be no contact with either club in the lead up to this match.

I nor any of us on here knows any of the circumstances so I really don't want to judge anyone on pure guess work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here