Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Caicedo - world class

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Walks into any team in the world right now and improves them, IMHO, maybe we won’t just be dealing with the PL plastics this summer?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lawrenson wasn't even remotely close to Caicedo when in his pomp at Liverpool, let alone when he was at Brighton.*

*I say this, having never seen Lawro play at Brighton, but saw no end of him at Liverpool and, as good as he was, he wasn't even their best CB. I suspect Moises will have a better career than Hansen too.
Hansen won 8 English titles and 3 European Cups.

A rarity with Beresi and Beckenbauer in running games with his passing and vision. Fergie spoke about Aberdeen or Manure clashes with Liverpool, we have to stop Hansen running the game. He never came up with the answer.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A slight adjustment to that, I think he’s the best in the world in a couple of positions, ‘4’ or ‘6’, take your pick.

Better now than media favourites Rodri, Partey, Kante for example.
Kante a couple of seasons ago was the tops. Rodri is the best DCM around that I can see at the moment. Partey isn't in the conversation. Moises plays a (slightly) different role than a DCM because he's just too dynamic. He's so quick and hard at everything he does.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hansen won 8 English titles and 3 European Cups.

A rarity with Beresi and Beckenbauer in running games with his passing and vision. Fergie spoke about Aberdeen or Manure clashes with Liverpool, we have to stop Hansen running the game. He never came up with the answer.
I remember him and his style of play vividly (which I don't with c99% of players). I still think Moises will have a better career than Hansen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kante a couple of seasons ago was the tops. Rodri is the best DCM around that I can see at the moment. Partey isn't in the conversation. Moises plays a (slightly) different role than a DCM because he's just too dynamic. He's so quick and hard at everything he does.

Caidedo, Bellingham and one other (Enciso in a couple of years time :lolol: ) is my greatest centre midfield three on the planet).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I've never watched a player (for any team) who has won/retrieved the ball when he has no right to do so. Again and again. As mentioned above, it's only when he doesn't you notice. Then he passes well and drives forward. He's rock hard and yet feints and dummies like a ...well, I don't know what, some kind of alien football genius. An absolutely stand out player. Have to pinch yourself.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Caidedo, Bellingham and one other (Enciso in a couple of years time :lolol: ) is my greatest centre midfield three on the planet).
Yes, those two and Modric for now. Once he's finally been put out to pasture, he'll be replaced by Buonanotte and, if Caicedo decides to go elsewhere, he'll be replaced by Ayari.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Bumping this after yesterdays game, absolutely pocketed Enzo, bullied him and made him look like a little boy.

I’ve run out of superlatives for him, he’s simply the best player I’ve ever seen in a Brighton shirt and I’m convinced he will end up at Real Madrid or another true elite club.

Savour him while we have him. :bowdown:
I watched the full replay from Chelsea website...Caicedo was brutally brilliant, never let Chelsea rest in midfield. So many of his ball winning tackles were with his inside leg/foot (the right, normally) which I found interesting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With the best will in the world, that is an incredibly silly thing to write.
Indeed. Well done for limiting the adjective to just ‘silly’!

Caicedo has to cover Estupinian and Mac getting forward but will also cover for Veltman plus Dunk or Webster. RDZ generally won’t let him get near the penalty area, he seems to be the last man back at corners too.

This is of course how we ‘flood’ the opposition penalty area because the insurance policy of Caicedo stopping a counter attack is so reliable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed. Well done for limiting the adjective to just ‘silly’!

Caicedo has to cover Estupinian and Mac getting forward but will also cover for Veltman plus Dunk or Webster. RDZ generally won’t let him get near the penalty area, he seems to be the last man back at corners too.

This is of course how we ‘flood’ the opposition penalty area because the insurance policy of Caicedo stopping a counter attack is so reliable.
I can't call out poisonous venom spat in my direction, by a complete stranger, over a silly flippant comment and then call that weapons grade bollox anything other than "silly".

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I’ve been thinking for a while that he ends up at PSG.

- They’re one of the few clubs who can afford him
- Him not being at a Prem rival is a bonus for us.
- He deserves to be at a club who are aiming to win the Champions League
- Their midfield is shit.

For a team of their undoubted quality their midfield options are distinctively average. Apart from an ageing Veratti they’ve got Carlos Soler, Fabian Ruiz, Renato Sanches & Vitinha. Caicedo would be their best midfielder by an absolute landslide.

Losing him would hurt, but at least not strengthening another Premier League would be nice.
I agree with this.

Moises is in the £90m+ bracket.

This limits the number of teams who can buy him to just petrostate clubs. Even Real Madrid and Chelsea don't have that sort of buying power / FFP wiggle room.

Man City are going to buy Bellingham I reckon. That leaves PSG as the most likely in my view. Not totally ruling out Man Utd, but I reckon PSG

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
He is an IMMENSE talent. I think possibly only Rodri in the current PL may just be in his bracket. Casemiro maybe but not for much longer and he’s far better than Rice, Partey et al. He is the most important player for us because he allows everyone else to do what they want

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Next Sunday will be a big stage for him and a few others. Cup Semi Final v Manchester United, the big occasion, for all to see. Beat them and impress against City and the bold predictions could come true. Sunday will help show how really good he is/can be.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He is an IMMENSE talent. I think possibly only Rodri in the current PL may just be in his bracket. Casemiro maybe but not for much longer and he’s far better than Rice, Partey et al. He is the most important player for us because he allows everyone else to do what they want
Plus he's arguably the only player for whom there's no obvious replacement.

(Anyone who says there's no backup for Estupinan hasn't seen Imari Samuels in the u21s ...)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Watching Caicedo and Partey this week - us rejecting Arsenal’s bids has potentially cost them the title. I have no doubt if they had got him, they would already be too far ahead of City to be caught and they’d feel a lot better than they do now about their next few games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here