Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Caicedo and MacAllister, How Well Have They Done Since They Left Us?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
‘I hope the bloke rots there.’
Jesus Christ, what a horrific thing to say about a naive 21 year old who did fantastically well for us and also made the club a fortune. Yes, he was misguided and probably not the brightest, but to say, ‘ I hope he rots there’ is an abysmal thing to say about a young man like Caicedo. Anyone would think you are describing some low life fit for nothing but a long jail term.😳😰
He’s not naive. He knew exactly what he was doing

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm inclined to blame his agent more than him. He was never any trouble until his present agent came on board. His agent agitated for a move, did the deal with Chelsea and insisted on turning Liverpool down. And wrote that ridiculous open letter in which the name of Caicedo's home town was spelt incorrectly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not forgetting the Spanish lad who picked up a losers medal whilst warming the bench and gazing into space. Long forgotten even as a dud?
I genuinely had forgotten who that was till I read the post after yours.

£25 million. f***ing hell. That's madness. And I thought one step beyond was madness.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Chelsea unsettled him. They used their classic tactics, butter up the agent, use Romano and that pound shop English version of him they've got to stir things up on social media and, when all that failed, pay way over the odds. It's the only way Boehly knows. He's a petulant, dog-in-the-manger child who has no original thoughts himself but uses his wealth and position to steal everyone else's. And it's all grimly backfiring. Just wait until they have to sell players or face a points deduction and no one wants their overpriced flops.

It was a terrible footballing decision by Caicedo and therefore clearly only about money for him and his agent and living in London. Fine, if those are your drivers but I find it delicious every time it goes wrong. Sorry. :shrug:
No need to apologise when stating facts!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If he had taken the Liverpool offer he would be in a title and Europa league race and have a winners medal already around his neck but went for the cash at Chelsea where they will now be hoping for a chance to match Brightons old target of establishing themselves as a team in the top 10.

He looks shot of confidence, lost and nowhere near the player he was for us. In comparison Macallister is now one of Liverpool’s most influential players. Macallister had good people around him and is a lot smarter than Moises so has made the right move for his career.

This is the ridiculous thing. He could have been in exactly the same position as AliMac if he had listened to the people at Brighton, the people at Liverpool (and I suspect AliMac). But he insisted on ignoring all of them, listening to his agent and here we are. Naive maybe, Stupid certainly :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree with you here. He was the initial pivot but then part of all our passing patterns. He was charged with winning the ball high after we'd attacked but was young, quick and strong enough to come back and make good recovery tackles. He was absolutely key to RDZ ball last season and we've not replaced it, a proper box to box midfielder. Chelsea don't use him that way.

I don't agree with you here. Romano is a Chelsea mouthpiece and he only had eyes for them even when we accepted a bid from Liverpool. Some might say the agent's percentage of an even higher fee and 8 year contract would be far preferable, never mind what other transactions might have taken place. It was murky, unpleasant and disloyal. I hope the bloke rots there.

A slight revision on that, I got the impression that at the beginning of February 23 Winstanley copied Arsenal’s move for MC and illegally reached an agreement with his agents. When it nearly went tits up, Eghbali took personal control. MC just a naive young pawn, albeit about to become one of the highest paid footballers. The agents remuneration can be whatever Chelsea want it to be, we’ll likely see an astonishing total paid to agents when the authorities (FIFA or UEFA) publish the data for 2023/24. We could be talking 8 figures, not bad for two chancers from Madrid who I think had a rubbish stable until MC.

I know some of this because I think it was the Telegraph early last September ran an article about the genius of Winstanley and Eghbali in planning and executing the acquisition of the world’s greatest CM after Bellingham.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Tend to agree with you, his little girls laugh when with us seemed put on when asked questions. He stalled for the contract paying the most in wages, if Liverpool had offered more he would have gone there and had a dream as a kid to join Liverpool 🤣

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We didn't have any choice about Mac Allister going because he had made sure there was a release clause in his contract. So blessing or no blessing he was off.
Maybe acceptance rather than blessing, then, but there was a very different atmosphere about it.
things being done decently rather than deals being hijacked…..

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It’s quite amusing that some Chelsea fans think Caicedo played well yesterday. Their standards are that low these days.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If figures floated about are correct Moises will earn 7.8 mil across 8 years working out to 150k a week. Alexis Macallister reported to be the same. Now once trophy bonuses and performance related pay are taken into account Ali Mac is prob on twice the money.

Liverpool short term was always a perfect fit caicedo - long term with Klopp leaving who knows.
£150k a week is a lot more than 7.8 mill over 8 years. indeed that's about 1 year:

£150,000 * 52 = £7,800,000
£7,800,000 * 8 = £62,4000,000

So if he is on £150k p/w he'll earn nearly £62.5 million over the course of his contract.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
£150k a week is a lot more than 7.8 mill over 8 years. indeed that's about 1 year:

So if he is on £150k p/w he'll earn nearly £62.5 million over the course of his contract.
If it's only £7.8m over the 8 years he'll have taken a pay cut to leave us and his family back in Ecuador must be starving by now.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Maybe acceptance rather than blessing, then, but there was a very different atmosphere about it.
things being done decently rather than deals being hijacked…..
Yes, but I never blame the player in these situations, its all just circumstances, there but for the grace of god and all that. If Chelsea offered the full fee at the start of the transfer window it would have been like the Ben White transfer, if he had a release clause it would have been like the Mac Allister transfer, if he was a Geordie it would have been like the Dan Burn transfer, if he'd hadn't been that good at football it would have been like the Neal Maupay transfer. None of us wish any of those guys any ill will.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
‘I hope the bloke rots there.’
Jesus Christ, what a horrific thing to say about a naive 21 year old who did fantastically well for us and also made the club a fortune. Yes, he was misguided and probably not the brightest, but to say, ‘ I hope he rots there’ is an abysmal thing to say about a young man like Caicedo. Anyone would think you are describing some low life fit for nothing but a long jail term.😳😰
LOL. I think he just means his career. As things considered, he's got millions to fall back on. Don't worry - he's gonna be ok!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

should of added the words in per season 🤦‍♂️

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tend to agree with you, his little girls laugh when with us seemed put on when asked questions. He stalled for the contract paying the most in wages, if Liverpool had offered more he would have gone there and had a dream as a kid to join Liverpool 🤣
Not if his agent would have had to pay back some money to Chelsea he wouldn't - and not without his mum agreeing not to live in London either, I'm guessing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here