Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buy your Nan a watch for Christmas

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
Old people can't tell the time. I often get the 700 to work and after 9.30 the buses are free for OAP's. If I get the bus that moves along the coast at about 9.15 it is always stopped by elderly people who try to get on before 9.30 arguing that it is past the witching hour.

This morning a bloke stopped the bus and got on with his dog insisting it was 9.30 when it was actually 9.17. I'm in my fifties and I can tell the time

So buy your Nan (Grandad) a watch for Xmas that tells the correct time accurately.

Off my soapbox now:angry:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
While we're on this ground, can retired/unemployed people please stop DRIVING to take their dogs for walks between 8 and 9 every morning. There's enough bloody traffic on the roads as it is but I see them all the time.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can they also get out of my way when I'm in M&S buying my lunch, they take TROLLEYS into the CLOTHES section blocking the path through to the food section. Not only that but why do they always stop when they're about a metre outside the door?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Also tell them not to 'chat' to the checkout lady when they are paying for stuff. The checkout lady doesn't give a shit about your life, nor do i.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Also tell them not to 'chat' to the checkout lady when they are paying for stuff. The checkout lady doesn't give a shit about your life, nor do i.

...and perhaps have your purse ready rather than hiding it in the bottom of your bag and being shocked when they actually ask you to hand over some money

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
While we're on this ground, can retired/unemployed people please stop DRIVING to take their dogs for walks between 8 and 9 every morning. There's enough bloody traffic on the roads as it is but I see them all the time.

Blimey! You are really grumpy lately!

In 40 years or so, you will be taking your dog in the car!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
...and perhaps have your purse ready rather than hiding it in the bottom of your bag and being shocked when they actually ask you to hand over some money
... and if your bill comes to say £9.03 don't say "Oh I think I've got the odd 3p" and then spend five minutes rummaging around the fluff-covered boiled sweets and spare sets of dentures you've got in your purse - just hand over the bloody tenner.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Could say the same about most women, regardless of age.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Never understood that one, I see it every day, why not walk them to the park :facepalm: I have driven my dog to the park, we walk there Thats the whole point, walking isn't it ?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I love a good curry, but buying it gifts strikes me as a tad obsessive...

marmotf.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Never understood that one, I see it every day, why not walk them to the park :facepalm: I have driven my dog to the park, we walk there Thats the whole point, walking isn't it ?

I don't quite get the people that drive to the gym and then spend all of their time on the treadmill...

And in addition to the point about women getting their purse out before they are asked for money... if anyone reading this is one of the commuters who walk right up to the automatic barrier before stopping to rummage around for your ticket, don't be surprised if you receive a swift rabbit punch the next time you do!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I won't be buying any of my Grandparents a watch this Christmas, as none of them are alive any more.

Anyway, carry on...

Old people can't tell the time. I often get the 700 to work and after 9.30 the buses are free for OAP's. If I get the bus that moves along the coast at about 9.15 it is always stopped by elderly people who try to get on before 9.30 arguing that it is past the witching hour.

This morning a bloke stopped the bus and got on with his dog insisting it was 9.30 when it was actually 9.17. I'm in my fifties and I can tell the time

So buy your Nan (Grandad) a watch for Xmas that tells the correct time accurately.

Off my soapbox now:angry:

Where do you live? Because throughout most of Sussex (East, West and Brighton & Hove), bus pass validity currently starts at 9.00am. It's up to the District Council to decide, btw. There are some districts that set the limit at 9.30am, but most use 9.00am.

From April, it will be the County Councils (and B&H City Council) that set the times. East Sussex County Council are currently doing a public consultation on whether it should be 9.00am or 9.30am.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Where do you live? Because throughout most of Sussex (East, West and Brighton & Hove), bus pass validity currently starts at 9.00am. It's up to the District Council to decide, btw. There are some districts that set the limit at 9.30am, but most use 9.00am.

From April, it will be the County Councils (and B&H City Council) that set the times. East Sussex County Council are currently doing a public consultation on whether it should be 9.00am or 9.30am.

Trust Lord B to try to ruin an attempted binfest with some boring FACTS

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
I live in Worthing. The 700 bus allows free travel for OAP's after 9.30 a.m. I hope they never change that to 9 a.m.

And people getting on the bus and then getting money out as if surprised that they have to pay??!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here