Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
They should read more carefully, quite a few of us gave them some credit today.

Some powerful play from them that was hard to defend against, especially in the second half. If you guys are reading it’s just the dirty shit we have a problem with.

I like talking to opposition fans. I tend to keep away after a win, because it looks like gloating and it winds people up, or after a defeat because I;m feeling a bit sick, but after a well-fought draw? Hello, pleased to meet you.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I like talking to opposition fans. I tend to keep away after a win, because it looks like gloating and it winds people up, or after a defeat because I;m feeling a bit sick, but after a well-fought draw? Hello, pleased to meet you.

Guy's like you are always welcome, decent posters who offer balanced opinions imho like.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Your team played well, I think we were all pretty relieved when the final whistle went. It seemed a lot harder game than Spurs and probably Liverpool too. Dyche got it spot on.

We've had some decent battles recently.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Your team played well, I think we were all pretty relieved when the final whistle went. It seemed a lot harder game than Spurs and probably Liverpool too. Dyche got it spot on.

Thanks. We've not played like that for a while - second half against Villa, perhaps, and a match against Wolves. We hope (fingers crossed) to sort out Fulham, West Brom, and of course the gentlemen from the Palace in the next three games. :)

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I'm pretty sure your side would be bigger than ours, but I suppose maybe not so physical?

I thought it was a good game. I didn't see all the physical stuff that apparently happened, though there were 18 free kicks - not bad for nowadays, I thought.

We have 4 big players, but many more below average height. Sometimes it feels like we have half of the 7 dwarves playing up front.

Our play differs from yours in that sometimes we play the ball along the ground. We also commit less fouls and don't elbow the opposition. And what have you done to Ashley Barnes? Filth.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
We have 4 big players, but many more below average height. Sometimes it feels like we have half of the 7 dwarves playing up front.

Our play differs from yours in that sometimes we play the ball along the ground. We also commit less fouls and don't elbow the opposition. And what have you done to Ashley Barnes? Filth.

Yeah, Ashley Barnes was a total angel when he played for us.
I'm still convinced the ref dived when Ash accidentally assault and batteried him.
No way was that an offence worthy of a 7 game (or was it more?) ban.
:angel:

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015

Screenshot_20210206-213546_SofaScore.jpg

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw that comment. Only came on to say it was an interesting role reversal on the reverse fixture and funny to feel the frustration that our opponents often feel when facing us.

By the same token we can hardly complain and must give credit to your resilience and some quality goalkeeping, looks some player that Sanchez, impressed me much more than the hyped up Martinez did when we faced Villa.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw that comment. Only came on to say it was an interesting role reversal on the reverse fixture and funny to feel the frustration that our opponents often feel when facing us.

By the same token we can hardly complain and must give credit to your resilience and some quality goalkeeping, looks some player that Sanchez, impressed me much more than the hyped up Martinez did when we faced Villa.

Most people including me said you outplayed us for an hour today, everyone seems to be making Sanchez MOTM which says it all.

A handful of posters saying you were thuggish is nothing to get excited about. I saw more criticism of the ref and lino for some key errors that could’ve cost us.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I’m not snooty about Burnley, you’re a real club, real fans with an underrated manager.

You guys played well today and gave us a better game then many expected, Sanchez earned us a point. That said we were way below par, maybe mentally hungover from our Anfield win.

All the best for rest of the season, looks like we’ll both be fine [emoji106]

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

You aren't the only people to believe that Burnley are a team of giants. Have a guess how many of your team are taller than Ben Mee. Give up? 8 of them. It makes me laugh when "Big Ben Mee" gets mentioned - he's five foot 11. (Tarkowski is 6 foot 1.) Your men Dunk and Webster Webster are 4 or 5 inches taller than Mee, and Burn beats him by 7 inches, according to the PL website anyway.

Brighton today were taller than Burnley by 1.5 cm per man. Or for outfield players only, by 1.1 cm per man. Most sides are taller than Burnley. We just play big.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You aren't the only people to believe that Burnley are a team of giants. Have a guess how many of your team are taller than Ben Mee. Give up? 8 of them. It makes me laugh when "Big Ben Mee" gets mentioned - he's five foot 11. (Tarkowski is 6 foot 1.) Your men Dunk and Webster Webster are 4 or 5 inches taller than Mee, and Burn beats him by 7 inches, according to the PL website anyway.

Brighton today were taller than Burnley by 1.5 cm per man. Or for outfield players only, by 1.1 cm per man. Most sides are taller than Burnley. We just play big.

to be frank mate you have brought the championship mentality to the prem. Duchess's half time talk was obviously to not let us play and to attack us and it worked well for you , a fair supporter would say we were lucky ....Sanchez was excellent but question marks over the yellow on connolly , last man ?? goal scoring opportunity..??? and Westwood's forearm/elbow to Macallister late on ...... Macsallister also just about cut in half in the box and the ref never even took a second look and then goes and gives you a very weak fk down our end .....all standard gripes , a hard earned point for us...:thumbsup:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Lallana calmed everything down when he came on, the referee again and again wanted to allow advantage to be played before bringing the game back and the linesmen calling off side so late both these actions which must have been at the direct instructions of the referee at the expense of some quite dangerous play, when conditions are as they were the referee has a duty to ensure games are safe and fair as such he should have taken a much firmer hold and instructed the linesmen to flag earlier

Part of refs job is to protect players from injuries , (by punishing foul play)
A Taylor failed to do this
Very Poor performance by A Taylor

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
to be frank mate you have brought the championship mentality to the prem. Duchess's half time talk was obviously to not let us play and to attack us and it worked well for you , a fair supporter would say we were lucky ....Sanchez was excellent but question marks over the yellow on connolly , last man ?? goal scoring opportunity..??? and Westwood's forearm/elbow to Macallister late on ...... Macsallister also just about cut in half in the box and the ref never even took a second look and then goes and gives you a very weak fk down our end .....all standard gripes , a hard earned point for us...:thumbsup:
I don't remember either of the McAllister incidents - and obviously while I'm not looking for the "please give us something" incidents, I am looking for the "please don't give anything against us" incidents. Just about cut in half in the box? Any more details to jog my memory?

I do remember the soft free kick, which to be fair 9 refs out of 10 would give nowadays but Taylor was a whole lot better than most at not giving these nothing free kicks. He got that wrong. Neither of the bookings were last man in the terms used today. They only count as last man if there is no-one anywhere near.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't remember either of the McAllister incidents - and obviously while I'm not looking for the "please give us something" incidents, I am looking for the "please don't give anything against us" incidents. Just about cut in half in the box? Any more details to jog my memory?

I do remember the soft free kick, which to be fair 9 refs out of 10 would give nowadays but Taylor was a whole lot better than most at not giving these nothing free kicks. He got that wrong. Neither of the bookings were last man in the terms used today. They only count as last man if there is no-one anywhere near.

You play to your strengths and it gets results. I don’t like the way you play or the gamesmanship that Dyche has instilled. However you did bully us almost into submission and played some good football in the second half. I just feel that the ref let you get away with too much and because of it your players knew what they could get away with and took it to the limit. I was pleased we got away with a point and that we won’t be playing you again this season.

The beauty of the PL is the number of styles and abilities of different teams. I think Burnley have done brilliantly since you came up and you certainly deserved at least a point and could have got all three.

Watch again if you have the inclination, there were some pretty unpleasant challenges going on, that imo were not within the laws. Weak ref

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You play to your strengths and it gets results. I don’t like the way you play or the gamesmanship that Dyche has instilled. However you did bully us almost into submission and played some good football in the second half. I just feel that the ref let you get away with too much and because of it your players knew what they could get away with and took it to the limit. I was pleased we got away with a point and that we won’t be playing you again this season.

The beauty of the PL is the number of styles and abilities of different teams. I think Burnley have done brilliantly since you came up and you certainly deserved at least a point and could have got all three.

Watch again if you have the inclination, there were some pretty unpleasant challenges going on, that imo were not within the rules. Weak ref

It is still possible in the FA Cup.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Jack Cork did one of the other elbows in McAllisters face , think it was Ben Mee who did the first , nothing given X 2 , did A Taylor choose to ignore ,
did Burnley fans do the same ?

Do Burnley have a list of refs, from "soft to Hard" ? )
( "Great Lads its Taylor today! !")
then adjust tactics to suit ? (the referee of the day ? )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here