Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
It was against Burnley at Turf Moor, expect nothing less

At least we will get to see free flowing, beautiful football again this season, I feel sorry for Burnley fans. Most boring team in the league.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
To categorise it as an error is doing him a disservice though. During that period we were slow to the 2nd balls and too far from the Burnley players, should have been sharper and closer providing better protection to Bobby.

I'm not saying the defenders were innocent. I'm also not saying Sanchez had a bad game. But factually, he pushed it straight to their player, rather than away from goal. Which is goalkeeping 101. Therefore, it's an error. It happens.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I take it you didn't see the 0-0 home draw against Newcastle last season? Mind-numbing shite of the first order..

I stand corrected. It was still pretty shit though.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
A great point. We were clearly below our best and looked shattered. To be honest I think Burnley will see it as an opportunity missed. Great to be able to grind out a draw like this. A very Hughtonesque away performance.
We will need to rest some players on Wednesday. Hopefully a chance to give the Polish lads a run out, get Welbeck upfront to give him some game time and possibly Propper in midfield with Lallana. Even a start for Izzy maybe?
Unbeaten in five now. The players should feel proud of their efforts since half time at home to Wolves.
My only concern is that I thought we really missed Solly today. Burn may be ok there on occasions but I’d hope that Karbownik gives us an option and that Lamptey isn’t too far away.

totally agreed - thought Wellbeck was off the pace and does not do the work the two younger plyers do...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not saying the defenders were innocent. I'm also not saying Sanchez had a bad game. But factually, he pushed it straight to their player, rather than away from goal. Which is goalkeeping 101. Therefore, it's an error. It happens.

Very harsh. The commentary I listened to said the ball was driven at him so he wasn’t able to get down and palm it around the post. Had the shot been away from him it maybe he would.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Leicester wont be playing full strength either...based on previous rounds.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There was some decent play from Burnley and a terrific amount of energy and yes some fouls that they got away with which another ref might have dealt with differently. Not sure we helped our cause with Connolly going down too easily, stay on your feet or fall more convincingly. We did look tired or slow but some of that was Dyche's psyching them up.

That's a point gained IMO and we remain 15th.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good point after a leggy performance. Burnley dominated us in the second half. It makes a nice change to get something from a game and to leave the other side wondering how they didn't score more.
Yup a very good point most would have been pleased with before kickoff. Even more so considering Burnley probably deserved to win. Unbeaten in 5 now? ???

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The second half was frustrating. Burley take 3 shot in the last 3 games and all of a sudden have a game when they have 20 of them. I will take the point and if Fulham loose then it will be a really good point.

D

Deleted member 2719

Wellbeck just doesn’t look that interested to me. Just running down his career getting the pay checks where he can imo. Let’s be honest if we hadn’t have been desperate for any type of striker he wouldnt be here.
He reminds me of Maskell in the stripes, an underperformer, seeing out his time on the downslope of life.

He certainly didn't fancy putting a stint in against Burnley.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Certainly Welbeck on as a sub today didn't seem to make any significant difference. Was Tau on the bench?

Yes. Maybe saving him for Villa, to keep him hungry???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Our biggest problem is still the same. Maupay was lightweight, inaccurate and Connelly was wasteful. I think ArgiieMac will become better and better whilst Trossard will alway# be hit and miss.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
totally agreed - thought Wellbeck was off the pace and does not do the work the two younger plyers do...

Cobblers. I dunno what you were watching, but Welbeck came on and absolutely ran his socks off closing down defenders as well as their keeper and chasing lost causes. It was highly noticeable how much running he was doing, it looked like he was determined to make the most of his time on the pitch today as part of his way back to full fitness. Exceptional workrate.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Cobblers. I dunno what you were watching, but Welbeck came on and absolutely ran his socks off closing down defenders as well as their keeper and chasing lost causes. It was highly noticeable how much running he was doing, it looked like he was determined to make the most of his time on the pitch today as part of his way back to full fitness. Exceptional workrate.

Agreed. We looked much better after the subs came on.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Firefox_Screenshot_2021-02-06T18-21-23.970Z.png

People who read other clubs' forums are pathetic.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Don't think he was as effective as Maupay, he was not near enough to them so they could play from the back . That's my opinion also got no where near getting the ball in the box either. .

Sub had to be made, if the benefit is it gives him game time fine then fine but his level of running is not as intense as Maupay.

Maybe my view was not as good as watching on my phone but the substitutions did not change the situation, it only changed later when we seemed to get a bit more control back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here