Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley match

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
5 hour drive.

27.5 hours until kickoff.

They'd be lucky to do it in five hours, not in this weather and the state of the M25 on Friday evening.

I agree with Jim; this storm has been known about for days, why didn't they come down yesterday? Or book a coach for this morning

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Oh nonsense, the game will go ahead, Burnley will have a Plan B in place, it's called the coach.
I'm sure they'll find another bus from somewhere. It won't be the team coach, that goes down in advance with the kit and meets them at the airport.

[Edit] I'm told they have used the team coach. They must have seen this coming.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
is there a risk the Burnley match will be off? Transport isnt great, trains suspended; time will tell i suppose if was being played tonight I woud say yes its off but a lot could happen between tonight and 3pm Saturday.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
is there a risk the Burnley match will be off? Transport isnt great, trains suspended; time will tell i suppose if was being played tonight I woud say yes its off but a lot could happen between tonight and 3pm Saturday.

Doubt it. Tickets already sold, storm will have blown over by tonight, and although Burnley’s flight has been cancelled, Dyche will probably get his players to walk down tonight.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A few posts on facebook saying their coach is at the Marina........doesn't necessarily mean the players are of course

Previously some teams have put their players up at a golf/spa hotel somewhere near Uckfield (I think that's right) and the lesser coaching staff/coach driver have stayed at the Marina hotel.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Previously some teams have put their players up at a golf/spa hotel somewhere near Uckfield (I think that's right) and the lesser coaching staff/coach driver have stayed at the Marina hotel.

...not only that, some send the coach down empty purely for the transfer from the hotel to the Amex, and the the Amex to the airport

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The game will definately go ahead, Burnley will want to play it even more than we do, they have so many games to make up.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

That would be the East Sussex National golf resort. Away teams have used it for years.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
...not only that, some send the coach down empty purely for the transfer from the hotel to the Amex, and the the Amex to the airport

Indeed, many teams decide to spend the night before the game at the South Lodge Hotel just up the hill from where l live.

Many a time have l been wandering the hotel grounds in the wee small hours banging my gong in an attempt to keep their players awake, so they are too knackered to play. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here