Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley fan here

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Btw, In the same way people have different views on Barton I wonder what your views are on Ashley Barnes?
He'll make some hard challenges and get it wrong sometimes and deserve a card. He doesn't tend to stamp on people when the ball's not in play.
last season against Chelsea (Matic getting sent off for retaliation) he put himself about a bit.
Barnes actually had the ball and it was Matic that committed the foul, he just came off worse.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I noticed they've flpped-flopped in the market for the Burley-Boro game. the smoggies now favs.
9/4 the draw is short, I've no reason to think it'll be a cagey game.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Ashley was under-appreciated during his time with the Albion and I think he knew that a fair amount of fans didn't rate him (seem to remember an audible sigh going round the ground when he stepped up to take a penno that sticks out). He was being shoehorned in on the left side at times and just wasn't effective; I think he fits in with Burnley's style of play at the moment more than he ever did with ours.

Wouldn't say he was a particularly nasty player- committed more than anything- but he always seemed a bit dim, for lack of a better word. You've left out the time he inexplicably tripped over the ref when playing for us against Bolton a few years ago :lolol:

Will always wish him the best in his career, he seems a really genuine bloke and gave all he had during his time with the Albion.

Loved it when he talked about getting three points when interviewed after a cup match.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Could one of those players be Chris Martin? Not sure I can handle that colossal thundercunt scoring against us again.

I'd prefer him to be out with a non career threatening but painful injury

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'd prefer him to be out with a non career threatening but painful injury

I read somewhere that a Charlton fan who saw Chris Martin the other week suggested that his shirt should have the sponsor changed from 'just eat' to 'just eaten' due to him doing an agbonglahor and filling out somewhat

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By that time Derby will be in 5th spot unable to finish in any other position so may rest a few players for the playoffs which just leaves boro away
The chances are Derby will still be able to finish 4th, giving them the same fixture, but second game at home.

I'd like Cardiff to push Sheffield all the way, but Sheffield are at home to MKF tonight, so that's probably not going to work out.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It does amuse me that your best player is only black one. How do the bigots justify that?
I think it is widely acknowledged that black people are good at sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here