Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Building the 22/23 squad. Ins and outs??

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know where you got Keown's name from, but the Albion will have an issue if they achieve Bloom's goal of Top 10 this season.

Top 10 is entirely achievable with organic growth, but if you then set the bar to - say - competing for a European place whilst selling Bissouma there will be questions about whether the Albion have gone as far as they can, and the noise around the club could impact on performances on the field.

Keeping managers, players and fans happy whilst selling players and not spending big money is a tall order. Teams like Burnley and Southampton have risen to Top 10 only to drop down to be relegation candidates within a season or two.
'As far as they can' - I'm not sure that's entirely true, but more importantly I'm sure that a vast majority of Albion fans have realistic degrees of optimism. Are we ever going to be up there, competing season after season with Chelski, Citeh, Liverpool, Untied and co? Of course we're bloody not! We might beat them occasionally - maybe in a very good year get close to mingling with them.

But any Brighton fan who thinks, 'We've achieved top ten (if we do), now we have to improve every season - the goal is now top six, and then top four - and if we don't achieve that we need changes at the top' is, frankly, more than a bit of a div.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Kozlowski will be in the first team squad. As will Mitoma. Don’t think Khadra has enough as it stands, suspect another loan.
I would love us to sign a young, left sided, ball playing centre back, pull off a worldie like Leicester unearthing Fofana, I’d imagine it’s our number one scouting objective now we’ve signed Undav, but apart from that I don’t think we need to do anything too drastic.

Last edited:

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Anyone know why the words 'the fold' in my quoted post link to a womens clothing website? I thought you had to deliberately insert a hyperlink. This one just appears, unasked for.

It's not even a lingerie site, just bog standard clothes, so there's not even a bonus nostalgic thrill of stumbling onto page 455 of the freemans catalogue...

I thought Lingerie was further forward in the Freemans catalogue but that could just be my memory as I get older.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would you swap Biss for Rashford?

Don't even bother with the dullest of dull answers 'wages'.

Would be very exciting obviously.

That said, not sure Rashford will ever be as good again. It seems the Covid thing had the worst effect on him that could ever happen to a player: realising that there is more in the world than your own career and this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here