Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Building the 22/23 squad. Ins and outs??

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
The losses though are accountancy figures. Sure TB has put money in over the period but nowhere near that figure.

I think we can agree that he has put in over £300 million and there is a negative balance sheet?

We will not be signing four first team players this summer. Undav and maybe a Trossard replacement will be it.

Last edited:

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Can't see us spending much in all honesty. I think Bissouma and Trossard go and their replacements are already here in Sarmiento and Caicedo. We've already signed Undav, so can't see us signing another forwwrd unless we let one go.

I think the two lads at Blackburn come into the squad to add more depth.

I think the most important deal this summer will be to get Caicedo on a new long term deal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think we can agree that he has put in over £300 million and there is a negative balance sheet?

We will not be signing four first team players this summer. Undav and maybe a Trossard replacement will it.

He has invested yes. Out of interest what do you reckon the club is worth?

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Can't see us spending much in all honesty. I think Bissouma and Trossard go and their replacements are already here in Sarmiento and Caicedo. We've already signed Undav, so can't see us signing another forwwrd unless we let one go.

I think the two lads at Blackburn come into the squad to add more depth.

I think the most important deal this summer will be to get Caicedo on a new long term deal.

I read a rumour that Kendra was wanted by Kompany at RSC Anderlecht.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
GK
Sanchez
Steele
plus some kiddo (McGill?)

Central defenders
Lewis Dunk
Adam Webster
Joel Veltman
Jean-Paul van Hecke

Full/wing backs
Marc Cucurella
Tariq Lamptey
Solly March

Central midfielders
Alexis MacAllister
Moises Caicedo
Adam Lallana
Pascal Gross
Steven Alzate
Enock Mwepu
(Jakub Moder)

Strikers/wingers
Danny Welbeck
Deniz Undav
Kaoru Mitoma
Rheda Khadra
+ new signing

out: Duffy, Bissouma, Trossard, Maupay, and a lot of currently out-on-loan players either getting sold or loaned out again. Sarmiento 50/50, could see him staying but also could see the club feeling it is a good idea to loan him somewhere where he could play week out week in.

in: van Hecke, Mitoma, Khadra, new multiple-role attacking player (Trossard style)

Pretty much agree with this, my only wish is we can keep Trossard, I can take Bissouma moving on, but I might have a mini meltdown if Trossard goes….

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He has invested yes. Out of interest what do you reckon the club is worth?

Mr Bloom adding 'blue and white home kit only' into the club charter might, just might, suggest we could find out soon(ish).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mr Bloom adding 'blue and white home kit only' into the club charter might, just might, suggest we could find out soon(ish).

No his son is too young to take over.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Duffy - £5m, Burnley"

Mate, Shaun 'we'll singe any Brighton player' Douche has been sacked :wink:

Edit: I suspect [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] was teasing us a little with this one.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting no one has mentioned Sanchez as a possible out. In a world of statistical analysis to identify players, Sanchez is right up there with the best of the Prem. I’d expect considerable interest in our current number 1. Scherpen may well be far more important next season than just another loan.

On to next season and it’s worth noting the loan process is changing making it more difficult to hoard players. Only 8 over 21 year old players who aren’t ‘home grown’ will be permitted per EPL club to be loaned out. We have had 23 players out on loan this season, 3 now sold, 1 released and 1 returned. As the list below illustrates we wouldn’t have been trouble this season under next seasons rules, but it does potentially leave us with an extremely busy summer sorting out who stays, who goes and those we want to develop further away from the club. I think it’s going to be busy but will only see us spend big if someone we don’t see leaving, goes.

We have some terrific cover in the making for key positions, the big question is who’s premier league ready to take them on if we lose starting 11 players. Is Mitoma ready to replace Trossard? Is Scherpen a viable option instead of Sanchez? Is Offiah ready to challenge Lamptey? Can Alzate step up full time to play next to Caicedo? In turn who replaces the back up options in the first team 20 with 5 subs next season?

This close season is going to be fascinating as it unfolds given our strong finish this season and the anticipation of improving again next.

Christian Walton sold
Florin Andone
Matt Clarke HGP
Jayson Molumby sold
Leo Ostigard HGP
Abdallah Sima 20 yr old
Reda Khadra 20 yr old
Jan Paul van Hecke
Aaron Connolly HGP
Taylor Richards HGP
Ryan Longman sold
Michal Karbownik 20 yr old
Andi Zeqiri
Teddy Jenks HGP
Alex Cochrane HGP
Lars Dendoncker 20 yr old
Jensen Weir 19 yr old
Carl Rushworth 20 yr old
Kaoru Mitoma
Kacper Kozlowski 18 yr old
Billy Arce Released

Great post, thanks for sharing this, very informative.
Based on this, my first thoughts are:
-- we release Andone from his contract
-- Clarke, Ostigard, Richards, Connolly, Karbownik, Jenks and Cochrane, we'll look carefully at offers for them, that's if they come in
-- we've got decisions to make on Zeqiri, Khadra and Sima: are they really going to do it at PL level?
-- I have my doubts about Mitoma making it at PL level, for the very same reason I had my doubts about Tau: he's hardly a spring chicken.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The losses though are accountancy figures. Sure TB has put money in over the period but nowhere near that figure.

A fair chunk of it is stadium and training ground depreciation and an even bigger chunk is contract amortisation; however It’s still money that has been put into the club from Tony Bloom’s pocket.

Having said that, we’ll almost certainly have made a profit this season thanks to another 70m in player sales.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A fair chunk of it is stadium and training ground depreciation and an even bigger chunk is contract amortisation; however It’s still money that has been put into the club from Tony Bloom’s pocket.

Having said that, we’ll almost certainly have made a profit this season thanks to another 70m in player sales.

Totally agree but as I posted it is an investment. If he wanted to sell up I'm sure the full team squad (inc youth etc) is worth around the investment without the other assets.

No one wants TB to sell up but in our current situation we are a very attractive proposition.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Might be very hard to hold on to Sanchez, Cucurella and Lamptey if the big clubs come calling with strong offers. Add that to Biss and Trossard and a good closed season would be holding on to our star players.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Might be very hard to hold on to Sanchez, Cucurella and Lamptey if the big clubs come calling with strong offers. Add that to Biss and Trossard and a good closed season would be holding on to our star players.

First three are under good contracts so not sure it will be hard. Also Lamptey is miles off currently and would be a huge gamble for someone to pay a large fee.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great post, thanks for sharing this, very informative.
Based on this, my first thoughts are:
-- we release Andone from his contract
-- Clarke, Ostigard, Richards, Connolly, Karbownik, Jenks and Cochrane, we'll look carefully at offers for them, that's if they come in
-- we've got decisions to make on Zeqiri, Khadra and Sima: are they really going to do it at PL level?
-- I have my doubts about Mitoma making it at PL level, for the very same reason I had my doubts about Tau: he's hardly a spring chicken.

No problem with these with the new regulations - they're all HGPs, apart from Karbownik, who's under 21. For that matter, Khadra and Sima are only 20 as well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Four new (1st. team) signings is just wishful thinking. I'm not even sure we'll be that active in the youth market, give the plethora of good youngsters we're aleady having to try and find loans for (or get a decent fee and a return on our investment for).

If we manage to finish Top 10 this season and DON'T spend in the summer then we will be accused by the media of "lacking ambition".

Also, a large chunk of the players that have helped us up the table WERE still sizeable fees, i.e. Trossard, Cucurella, Bissouma, Webster.

Yes, we have young talent but you can see what will be said if we sell Biss for £40 mill and don't reinvest, particularly in a striker.

I like Mitoma, Undav, Van Hecke, Khadra and think they will enhance our squad but we still need an X Factor attacking player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here