Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley signs 3 year deal for £1m (one million pounds!)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We've GOT rid of that POTLESS waste of TIME Dick Tight

Bit harsh but it makes a difference having a chairman with the money to finance a league club. Seem to remember saying similar at Southwick, some years ago, however that is now water under the bridge and we have moved on and can look forward to the good times ahead

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Bit harsh but it makes a difference having a chairman with the money to finance a league club. Seem to remember saying similar at Southwick, some years ago, however that is now water under the bridge and we have moved on and can look forward to the good times ahead

But fat Barry at southwick got 12 years for coke dealing didn't he

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You must admit, there is an element of truth in this - before we were scrambling around signing trialists and cast offs the week before the season started
We were, however not scrambling around signing trialists and cast offs the week before the season started on the grounds that doing so was a good thing, desirable in itself.

Which seems to be the delusion under which Ernest continues to labour. He needs to get a new ideé fixe -- this one's past its sell-by date.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Was he buying scratch cards with the Zamora cash as well ?

Yep, he had a whole roll of them stuffed in one jacket pocket. The other pocket was overflowing with blackjacks and fruit salads bought with the money he got from selling Withdean.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Mmmmm... Why the SURPRISE we've bought two players, one for half a million, and the other for a million? Bennett is probably going to go for the sum total of those two signings, we've sold out our new 22 500 capacity stadium, and we will get a fair whack of Sky TV money during the season ???

As someone posted earlier, agents will now be pushing us regarding the value of incoming transfers, but I don't think it's the end of our 'surprising' spending tbf...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Mmmmm... Why the SURPRISE we've bought two players, one for half a million, and the other for a million? Bennett is probably going to go for the sum total of those two signings, we've sold out our new 22 500 capacity stadium, and we will get a fair whack of Sky TV money during the season ???

As someone posted earlier, agents will now be pushing us regarding the value of incoming transfers, but I don't think it's the end of our 'surprising' spending tbf...

I think this has to be the start...GP has set the bar as to the standard of player he wants at the club...Quality, and Experience.....I wander who is next??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here