Buckley signs 3 year deal for £1m (one million pounds!)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
So Watford have banked a cool £4.5m in 24hrs, assuming Graham agrees personals with Swansea. I wonder how much of that Mackay will see.......

None I suspect. They have money troubles so I had a feeling if we kept on knocking on the door they would accept eventually. The same with Swansea and Graham

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Who ever has registered themselves on the watford forum as GavBHA is a fake wind up account because that is not me.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
0,,10433~9723017,00.gif

We appear to have signed Matt Cardle

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Amazing to sign a million pound player :)

He sounds very promising and while very disappointed if we loose Bennett, can see why he has to go, and happy we have got a very good replacement in.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
To all those who worried prematurely, more great news and it's still only early June!

And the squad will only comprise happy characters who want to be with us.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
The revisionists will always denounce his achievements. Here are some earlier articles.

Watford's highly-rated winger Will Buckley insists that he is more than happy to remain at Vicarage Road.

The 22-year-old was linked with a host of Premier League clubs during the January transfer window after a string of stunning performances steered the Hornets into contention for the play-offs.

However, the former Rochdale youngster has stressed that he is fully committed to helping the Hornets make another surge for the top six having slipped down the table in recent weeks.

"There was no interest as far as I am aware of and I'm just concentrating on playing well for Watford to be honest," Buckley told skysports.com.

"It is always flattering to hear your name linked with top-flight clubs, but I'm happy here and looking forward to helping this club get as high in the table as possible.

"It has been a great 12 months or so for me since making the step up from Rochdale, who had been top of League Two when I left, so I had been playing for a decent side and since then I've been very happy with my performances, especially the past couple of months.

"We have shown that we can match the best in this division and this season has shown that there isn't a great difference between the top club and the bottom.

"If we can keep doing what we have been doing then there is no reason why we can't be up there at the end of the season, but we just need to keep giving everything in every game and see where it takes us."

Buckley a happy Hornet - WFC Forums

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

DanielT

Considering how annoying it is when fans of other teams come on here mouthing off, I don't get why any Brighton fan would go winding up in return. I had a nice day out in Watford for the Cup game, their fans seemed OK (except for their mascot) Even the guy who had a go at us mellowed out once we started singing at him!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Christ. £1m pounds. Never thought i'd see the day we pay that sort of money for a player.

Certainly beats a set of tracksuits and match ball's. we really have arrived......We all knew Benno was going, thanks for your services mate if you read this site

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports