Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley 10 million price tag

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure if it has been mentioned but W.Ham, Southampton, Fulham and Swansea supposedly watching Buckley so going by previous window action he will probably be off in january. Maybe that is why Gus has been talking up his valuation

How can those teams be watching Buckley when they could watch Zaha who is worth zillions and zillions?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
When I see Zaha run full speed, chip the ball over a player when the player is 5 yards or so away from him and still manage to beat him to the ball then I'll be very impressed :) (Leeds game, Buckley)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When I see Zaha run full speed, chip the ball over a player when the player is 5 yards or so away from him and still manage to beat him to the ball then I'll be very impressed :) (Leeds game, Buckley)

When he really gets motoring he must be one of the quickest players in the whole football league. Absolutely terrifying.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Average at best ,will never reach the level of zaha

Well for 2 seasons running now he's shown more end product, so that's a daft comment, as the proof is on the pitch surely and Buckley does it on the pitch.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Buckley's performances were better last year, but Zaha's have been better this year, and with Zaha being a couple of years younger, that's how I expect it to continue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it online? I missed the show and can't find it on the Soccer AM website.

I don't know if it's on their website, I saw it on Sat morning when watching Charlie & CMS. Someone on here found their clip so it might be available somewhere.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I see it didn't take CPFC2010 long to get Holloway talking up Zaha's value and keep him in the news before the Jan transfer window.

Hasnt gustav just done the same ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Either similar, or he's taking the piss. The fact is, clubs/players/managers don't always tell the truth about whether people might leave and for how much. You never really know until it happens.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

He did although not quite on the same scale as the overhyping of Zaha. Only another two months to endure it though as its nailed on that he'll be gone in Jan. Wouldn't be surprised if Buckley gets some interest too if he keeps up his performances, both Zaha and Buckley's true values are what another team is prepared to offer, I imagine zahas actual upfront fee will be fairly modest but the add ons will be the big potential money spinner.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Et voila.

6354.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here