Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley 10 million price tag

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Love it! Manager feuds make the rivalry all the better

Me too but I think Gus has yet to beat a Holloway team and given how Holloway sent out a team that totally outplayed us last week, I'd be a bit nervous about Gus going too gung ho in his comments in the lead up to the game. Do you think Gus "gets" the rivalry now?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He's a player that's capable of giving an average side a shot of the Premiership. Well worth £10 million.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Me too but I think Gus has yet to beat a Holloway team and given how Holloway sent out a team that totally outplayed us last week, I'd be a bit nervous about Gus going too gung ho in his comments in the lead up to the game. Do you think Gus "gets" the rivalry now?

Holloway aint the only manager to regularly ' out-think ' Gus. Some fans on here regard Gus as some sort of heaven sent genius. He aint. He is passionate and ambitious but still learning. Regrettably, the learning curve seems to be taking longer than some us expected. Mistakes are repeated and lessons not being learnt. I wish at times he would just quieten down and concentrate on the job at hand. That is....work out what your best team/formation is and stick to it. Stop tinkering. Address the most important issue...not enough goals in the team. Stop bigging up a talented but inconsistent player who is worth at best £2m. Think about how he can use KLL, a player he pursued for months. Show us some real progress. Let the fans know what you are doing to try and turn round these winless runs. Show some maturity in post-match interviews. Give the fans some credit that they understand what is going on. Stop telling us what a good job the opposition did on us and how that shows respect to his team. We know they did a job on us. We want to know why we were unable to overcome it.
We learn that Gus is hugely professional and leaves no stone unturned in preparation. Well thats the minimum I would expect from any football manager. It is often about how you react in the heat of battle that counts more. How brave and decisive you are. ( It is no co-incidence that the bravest of them all is also the most successful...i.e Fergie ).
I want to see all these things from Gus. Intelligence, flexibility and bravery. I don't want to keep reading these media sound-bites and I'm not interested in what agenda there is behind them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There is no way on earth we would reject anywhere near £10million for any of our players.

It is just Gus commenting on what he sees as Zaha's overvaluation.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
when fit he is awesome, a total match winner, "Buca" that is, I only know of Winifred through the press but can't imagine he's as good as the minor league Berbatov / laconic genius (kudos El Presidente) that is Glenn Murray...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
10million for a player who gets crocked regularily, has hardly lasted a full 90 minutes and drifts in and out of a game.

Bite their hands off Gus

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You haven't seen Zaha play this season, have you?

Oh well. You will see soon enough. Our game isn't far away now, and regardless of the result I guarantee that the best player on the pitch will be Zaha.

Unlikely if Bruno is in the pitch. And Bridge. And Bridcutt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Show some maturity in post-match interviews.
It is no co-incidence that the bravest of them all is also the most successful...i.e Fergie
:laugh: :lolol:
Fergie has been successful, but he's a twat in interviews. He says Liverpool should never let Suarez play for them again, as he's a disgrace to Liverpool. Do you think Liverpool fans would agree with that?
Gus is just taking the piss out of the £20m price tag on Zaha. A bit of gamesmanship, just like the Fergie you look up to.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
:laugh: :lolol:
Fergie has been successful, but he's a twat in interviews. He says Liverpool should never let Suarez play for them again, as he's a disgrace to Liverpool. Do you think Liverpool fans would agree with that?
Gus is just taking the piss out of the £20m price tag on Zaha. A bit of gamesmanship, just like the Fergie you look up to.

Made no reference to Fergie in interviews. My comments only concern what he does during the course of matches. I respect Fergie for his achievements not for some of the silly comments he makes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Made no reference to Fergie in interviews.
I didn't say you did. You (understandably) respect Fergie, despite the fact that he talks crap all the time. So why is it important that Gus shows maturity in post-match interviews? People like Fergie and Wenger have proved that maturity in interviews is not required (or even desired) for success on the field. So why don't we just let Gus talk shit like the successful managers.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Yeah, he is 19. Glenn is into double figures now and is our top scorer. He has really been thriving from the service coming from Bolasie and Zaha. It makes such a nice change to last season where we were so defensive, now we attack teams from the first minute to the last and we're scoring for fun. Nobody has kept a clean sheet against us yet!

I'll be back to remind you on 1st December then....

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure if it has been mentioned but W.Ham, Southampton, Fulham and Swansea supposedly watching Buckley so going by previous window action he will probably be off in january. Maybe that is why Gus has been talking up his valuation

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think Gus is trying to say, Zaha isn't worth what all the papers and Palace are making him out to be and that there are players better and equally as good as Zaha. Buckley was an example.
lol, no

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here