Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BT Sport saying our atmoshere 'non existent'

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That was absolutely bang on the money. I could hear Liverpool players shouting to each other and giving instructions (van Dijk, Henderson, Robertson especially). Heard absolutely nothing from any of ours.

Another areas where we miss Webster.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don’t get having another team on a Brighton scarf, if I wanted a new Albion scarf I would go into the club shop and buy one, the money then goes to the club and not some dodgy market stool trader type.

Funny how these scarves seem to appear on fans at the Amex when we are playing Liverpool.

There was a Scouser punting these scarves outside Falmer station as well as selling Ukrainian flags. Those spivs don't miss an opportunity do they??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another areas where we miss Webster.

Yep and Lallana. I'll always remember going to the Sheff Utd reduced capacity game and all you could hear was those 2 shouting constantly

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Evidently the club/team have contributed to the decline in our atmosphere since the EFL days with poor performances, season ticket debacle etc. However one thing that has been really noticeable in recent times is the expectation and fickle nature of our home fans. There seem to be a growing number (I myself have been guilty of this too on occasion) who create a toxic atmosphere by quickly jumping on the first mistake/misplaced pass, these grumbles then seem to spread rapidly leaving the atmosphere either very disgruntled or very flat.

Take Saturday for example. After a good opening spell to the game the Amex should have been rocking. We had taken the game to Liverpool for the opening period and arguably dominated play. However after one mistake (admittedly a big one) we found ourselves 1-0 down. At this point in seasons gone by the Amex would rally behind the team but on Saturday the grumbling began at every sideways pass, every loss of possession. One fellow STH just behind me quickly proclaimed it as the worst home performance in years. Short memories indeed.

As fans I think we all need to take more responsibility for creating the atmosphere we blame the club for. Fans need to get behind the team and stop jumping on every individual error. We have a long way to go to reach the heights of Sheffield Wednesday in the playoffs or home wins against Palace, but it would be nice to see a return to fans getting behind the team no matter what.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
0-7 over the last 3 home games will continue to generate a poor atmosphere at the Amex going forward, particularly after going a goal down.

It is what it is, c'est la vie.

It can only be set right with an Amex victory - no one goes to watch Amex defeat after defeat.

We need to hope Wednesday night is a better outcome for all ( except Spurs ).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
List each game, if it was opened and crucially, when?

Just read NSC which I know you do - there’s posts and threads - in fact running commentaries on when it’s open , posters flagging they’ve listed tickets for sale and debates about how they’d run it differently. !

theboybilly

Doesn’t help when the team is ‘flat’ but our home support is so quiet. There’s a big difference with the away support who are the real hardcore fans and will support the team whatever.

Burnley fans were much better than Liverpool, they were at it all game the other week.
As an aside, we've been getting stick over empty seats lately (even for that ridiculous late Boxing Day kick off with those added transport issues) yet nothing said about the swathes of empty seats at Southampton yesterday. Or the empty seats at Arsenal (they can't blame a loss of form on that now)

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...we've been getting stuck over empty seats lately (even for that ridiculous late Boxing Day kick off with those added transport issues) yet nothing said about the swathes of empty seats at Southampton yesterday. Or the empty seats at Arsenal (they can't blame a loss of form on that now)

Agreed - lots of empty seats all over at the moment. I truly believe economic realities are beginning to bite. Aside form the massive hike in NI coming next month plus big Council Tax increases on top, I got a quote for 500L of heating oil for my house over the weekend. Previous cost was just under £400. Yesterday I was quoted nearly double that. No chance of me spending any money on attending PL football anytime soon.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just listed a pair next to each other in WSU (north end) if anyone is looking.

Neighbouring seat also free so 3 next to each other

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
That's pretty horrific really
Imho Categorising games based on opposition makes no sense - you need to factor in things like kick off time, notice, if there's anything at stake

I guess with tickets already having been sold for a postponed weekend that's logistically a bit more complicated for this particular fixture but in general the point stands.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
17th in the home league table
8th in the away league table

There's the answer.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Football fans react to what is going on in front of them, it has always been like this. At pretty much any club.
I thought the atmosphere was pretty good Saturday until Bob did what he did. Even then I thought it was ‘ok’ 2nd half. Had we got one back it would have got louder.
What I didn’t understand Saturday was it was clear the defenders/Bob had been told to mix it up in terms going long and moving the ball quicker. It was working both in terms of unsettling Liverpool and got the crowd up, then we conceded and went back to passing across the back line and boring everyone to sleep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here