Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BT Sport saying our atmoshere 'non existent'

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Football fans react to what is going on in front of them, it has always been like this. At pretty much any club.
I thought the atmosphere was pretty good Saturday until Bob did what he did. Even then I thought it was ‘ok’ 2nd half. Had we got one back it would have got louder.
What I didn’t understand Saturday was it was clear the defenders/Bob had been told to mix it up in terms going long and moving the ball quicker. It was working both in terms of unsettling Liverpool and got the crowd up, then we conceded and went back to passing across the back line and boring everyone to sleep.

Smacks of lack of confidence. Easier to play the safe timid pass and keep the crowd off your individual back. Except if the whole back line does it, then the crowd just get on your collective back. Great for possession stats, pretty shit for everything else really

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have no comments on the atmosphere but I do wonder about this attitude. Turn it around: why is 11 guys on the pitch required to lift the 30 000 in the stands rather than vice versa? Why are some fans of some teams singing their hearts out even when the game or result is shite?

I'll get this one.

Because they are being paid more than most of us could ever dream of to perform and entertain us. Whereas we are paying our hard earned cash to watch dross.

If our players aren't motivated by the £30K+ a week to perform and entertain, not sure that getting all shouty is going to improve matters.

D

Deleted member 2719

Saw quite a few of these on the concourse, refrained from interviewing the wearers but cannot understand why a genuine fan (of either club) would do this?

East stand looked full of them.

I know a Sussex based Liverpool fan that went saying he couldn't wait to see Liverpool thrash us.:nono:

Never happened though.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I remember when Liverpool were all-conquering in Europe back in the 1970s and 1980s, their approach to the away legs of ties was to play very safe, keep possession and quieten the crowd. No risky stuff, nothing to get the home fans going. The difference in 2022 is that it's what Albion do in home games. That time on Saturday when Ally Mac did that brilliant turn and played the ball into Solly March's stride only for March to take the usual extra touch, and then another, and finally hit the ball into a defender, something inside me died.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember when Liverpool were all-conquering in Europe back in the 1970s and 1980s, their approach to the away legs of ties was to play very safe, keep possession and quieten the crowd. No risky stuff, nothing to get the home fans going. The difference in 2022 is that it's what Albion do in home games. That time on Saturday when Ally Mac did that brilliant turn and played the ball into Solly March's stride only for March to take the usual extra touch, and then another, and finally hit the ball into a defender, something inside me died.

I don’t remember the last time March running with the ball made me even consider getting off my seat, in fact I sigh inside when I see he has the ball and is advancing, I expect him to twist and turn and then pass backwards or cross the ball without even looking up, or smack the ball against a defender. So much skill but without a football brain, I preferred him as a defender under CH

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

That turn was Maradona-esque; sheer brilliance. And then.............

I love Solly. He's one of our own. He tries his heart out but bless 'im, he just hasn't got it. Neither his brain nor his feet are quick enough at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here