Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brussels Airport Terrorist attack

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As the Muslim population grows throughout Europe I'd say the biggest threat in decades to come is the Muslim factions bringing their religious wars here...They've been at war with eachother for centuries in their home lands and it's inevitable it will spread throughout the world.

A very valid point, the warning signs are there.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Soulman , much as I agree with the general direction of your post you are forgetting Gibraltar and the targetting of british service personnel in Germany and the low countries.

I was based at RAF Wildenrath when Mick Islania and his BABY were shot by the IRA at a fast food ( schnell Imbis) right behind my house, also 3 RAF Regiment guys were killed In Roermond ( just in Holland) also some Aussie tourists were killed in Roermond they just happened to be driving a vehicle with UK plates.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think you might be reading something into this that isn't there. I don't believe that anyone thinks there won't be incident or consequence. He just posted figures that showed some perspective on the situation.

If you would like to include accurate figures and those countries they reside within then it might offer more perspective whilst including perhaps 2m new unknown Muslims from current Muslim war-zones which no doubt will be fast-tracked into 'Western European Countries' and not the outliers, it doesnt really offer much perspective at all.

Again we all know 'not all Muslims' whilst we can all see there is something odd about the gender and age profile of those streaming through mainland Europe, even ignoring an obvious security threat just how will millions of prioritised religious migrants effect our own evolved sense of equality and justice, I had hoped religion had been put back in its box.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
your argument is to simplistic

people aren't scared of terrorist attacks per say

it's the clash of cultures that are so different

a young polish kid will end up living a british way of life,he'll just have a long surname that no one can pronounce that's all

a young muslim, particularly female, will live by stringet rules,never embrassing a british way of life

it's like the british way of life is almost frowned upon
So so true.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Opinions are all very well, but facts are what the virtuous are into... ;)

Sort of comment I would expect from a Professor of sophistry from Google University.

It is for most an assessment of risk and trends, where is this going to end?

As the intent of these attacks is conquest not terror(Thats a by product) then playing the numbers game it is better called a culling.

When this becomes obvious then all hell will break loose with various outcomes, ie people like you desperately going through your posting history editing as you feel the metaphorical rope around your neck.

None of this is fact, neither is it unprecedented..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sort of comment I would expect from a Professor of sophistry from Google University.

As the intent of these attacks is conquest not terror(Thats a by product) then playing the numbers game it is better called a culling.

When this becomes obvious then all hell will break loose with various outcomes, ie people like you desperately going through your posting history editing as you feel the metaphorical rope around your neck.

None of this is fact, neither is it unprecedented..

Still, at least when we're living under Sharia Law and being forced to pray to Mecca under the whip before we go off to Waitrose to get in our pork-free, alcohol-free weekend goodies, you'll be able to come on to NSC and type contentedly that you told us so. Though you won't be able to do that and thumb your nose at the same time, what with having only one hand. Every cloud......

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Still, at least when we're living under Sharia Law and being forced to pray to Mecca under the whip before we go off to Waitrose to get in our pork-free, alcohol-free weekend goodies, you'll be able to come on to NSC and type contentedly that you told us so. Though you won't be able to do that and thumb your nose at the same time, what with having only one hand. Every cloud......

What makes you think i would peacefully accept that outcome? Just because you are a moral coward dont assume others are like that, especially those with children who they have to look in the eye.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Uncalled for.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sadly I probably think your story is closer to the truth :(

I work in an office in Camden with a fair few muslims, some devout and some extremely assimilated into British culture and all I've heard is how sad and angry they are at these attacks. One chap in particular is quite active in his community in making sure that the hate preachers don't get a foot in the door of his mosque, he's also on a local committee that includes Jewish, Christian and other faith leaders. They do a lot of pastoral work in schools trying to stop impressionable teenagers from falling prey to the propaganda. It's not entirely successful apparently but inroads are being made which is encouraging. I will add though that more than a couple of the devout ones (not this particular chap) have expressed views recently about Israel that I've got big problems with.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013

Insults aside, i agree it is an assessment of risks and trends. Facts can help us here.
In my opinion it will carry on until the region is stabilized.

As for discerning their intent, I think it unlikely that the attacks were for conquest, they haven't occupied with troops the areas they have attacked, they have used classical terrorist methods, bombs, a small cell of radicals.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Insults aside, i agree it is an assessment of risks and trends. Facts can help us here.
In my opinion it will carry on until the region is stabilized.

As for discerning their intent, I think it unlikely that the attacks were for conquest, they haven't occupied with troops the areas they have attacked, they have used classical terrorist methods, bombs, a small cell of radicals.

You need to do your research into jihad, its a long game.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What makes you think i would peacefully accept that outcome? Just because you are a moral coward dont assume others are like that, especially those with children who they have to look in the eye.

The last thing I think you can accuse him of is moral cowardice.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I work in an office in Camden with a fair few muslims, some devout and some extremely assimilated into British culture and all I've heard is how sad and angry they are at these attacks. One chap in particular is quite active in his community in making sure that the hate preachers don't get a foot in the door of his mosque, he's also on a local committee that includes Jewish, Christian and other faith leaders. They do a lot of pastoral work in schools trying to stop impressionable teenagers from falling prey to the propaganda. It's not entirely successful apparently but inroads are being made which is encouraging. I will add though that more than a couple of the devout ones (not this particular chap) have expressed views recently about Israel that I've got big problems with.

What the 'indigenous' population would like to see is a 10,000 strong march of BRITISH muslims marching down the mall denouncing these sick 'muslim' extremists. Replicated in Oldham, Rotherham, Luton, Bradford etc. That might convince us of the conviction to denounce the barbarians.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wouldn't hold your breath mate

comparing Islamic terrorists to the IRA is like comparing chalk & cheese

the IRA wanted a united Ireland

the Islamic terrorists want to change your whole way of life

I know but I needed cheering up .... a bit of wishful thinking is sometimes good for the soul. My usual response to that post would have gone something like this.

On just one day in 2001 nearly 3000 people were murdered 6000 + injured. If Islamist terrorists had the capability to carry out similar or worse operations in the UK or in Europe they would. We know this to be true because They have already tried.

A plot to blow up planes in flight from the UK to the US and commit "mass murder on an unimaginable scale" has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said. It is thought the plan was to detonate explosive devices smuggled in hand luggage on to as many as 10 aircraft.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...trial-The-bomb-plot-to-kill-10000-people.html

The threat they pose is of a completely different magnitude and unique rendering any numbers comparison with N Ireland meaningless. The Head of Interpol has stated thousands of Islamists/terrorists have entered Europe in the last year exploiting the migrant crisis so it's not difficult to predict worse is yet to come. Islamists don't want to negotiate, don't want to achieve supposedly plausible or rational demands they just want to kill as many of us as possible because we are non believers an affront to their one true faith. The underlying goal is of course to spread terror further isolating more Muslims from the host communities feeding mistrust and fear on both sides polarizing opinion. This is the true perspective we should be considering.

You have conflated all Muslims as Islamists it only takes a very small minority to present a deadly unique terrorist threat . Let's be generous and say only 1% of the 44 million are Islamists and a further bigger minority have some sympathy with their views which according to polling evidence is around 10%. I'll let you do the math. There are of course wider endemic problems with many Muslim communities re integration and fundamental religious and cultural beliefs that are clearly incompatible with leading an integrated life in a 21st century liberal western democracy. But we shouldn't directly link these problems to terrorism (although they create an environment where islamism can grow) as it plays into the us and them narrative which extremists on all sides want.

No one is suggesting cutting ourselves off from Europe or persecuting migrants or religions (strawman!?) but some of us are suggesting we should be doing everything possible to protect our citizens, our values, our way of life. Down playing Islamist terrorist groups as just another terrorist threat isn't sensible or accurate.

I hope I'm completely wrong and you're right though :wink:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I know but I needed cheering up .... a bit of wishful thinking is sometimes good for the soul. My usual response to that post would have gone something like this.

On just one day in 2001 nearly 3000 people were murdered 6000 + injured. If Islamist terrorists had the capability to carry out similar or worse operations in the UK or in Europe they would. We know this to be true because They have already tried.

A plot to blow up planes in flight from the UK to the US and commit "mass murder on an unimaginable scale" has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said. It is thought the plan was to detonate explosive devices smuggled in hand luggage on to as many as 10 aircraft.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...trial-The-bomb-plot-to-kill-10000-people.html

The threat they pose is of a completely different magnitude and unique rendering any numbers comparison with N Ireland meaningless. The Head of Interpol has stated thousands of Islamists/terrorists have entered Europe in the last year exploiting the migrant crisis so it's not difficult to predict worse is yet to come. Islamists don't want to negotiate, don't want to achieve supposedly plausible or rational demands they just want to kill as many of us as possible because we are non believers an affront to their one true faith. The underlying goal is of course to spread terror further isolating more Muslims from the host communities feeding mistrust and fear on both sides polarizing opinion. This is the true perspective we should be considering.

You have conflated all Muslims as Islamists it only takes a very small minority to present a deadly unique terrorist threat . Let's be generous and say only 1% of the 44 million are Islamists and a further bigger minority have some sympathy with their views which according to polling evidence is around 10%. I'll let you do the math. There are of course wider endemic problems with many Muslim communities re integration and fundamental religious and cultural beliefs that are clearly incompatible with leading an integrated life in a 21st century liberal western democracy. But we shouldn't directly link these problems to terrorism (although they create an environment where islamism can grow) as it plays into the us and them narrative which extremists on all sides want.

No one is suggesting cutting ourselves off from Europe or persecuting migrants or religions (strawman!?) but some of us are suggesting we should be doing everything possible to protect our citizens, our values, our way of life. Down playing Islamist terrorist groups as just another terrorist threat isn't sensible or accurate.

so right I posted it twice by quoting.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
By The Numbers - The Untold Story of Muslim Opinions & Demographics

By the Numbers is an honest and open discussion about Muslim opinions and demographics. Narrated by Raheel Raza, president of Muslims Facing Tomorrow, this short film is about the acceptance that radical Islam is a bigger problem than most politically correct governments and individuals are ready to admit.

https://youtu.be/pSPvnFDDQHk

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
....a lot of sense....
Down playing Islamist terrorist groups as just another terrorist threat isn't sensible or accurate.

I tend to agree that downplaying the threat isn't all that wise, however hyping it up would be less wise, for the reasons you posted as well as others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here