Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brussels Airport Terrorist attack

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
a young muslim, particularly female, will live by stringet rules,never embrassing a british way of life

it's like the british way of life is almost frowned upon

A bit harsh on the many young british muslim women training to become doctors, that I have trained, over the last 15 years. :glare:

On the other hand, why was I very vigorously body searched and practically indecently assaulted (the bloke's hand did brush my cock) when I was attempting to board a package flight to go skiing in France on Saturday? How did that make us all safer?

My concern is that there are clearly bad people out there and yet we are wasting massive amounts of time and money harrassing other people who are, ahem, obviously not jihadis, while failing to ensure that folk who explicitly or covertly promote jihad are not let into the UK, and (if they are already here) failing to ensure they are banged up for sedition.

Back in the 70s the old Bill in london had no qualms about stopping and searching any black male who had the audacity to be walking about, or driving a car (operation Swamp, or somesuch). That was clearly absurd. But it seems today that the people charged with stopping Islamic terrorists from popping into the UK, or stopping islamic terrorists from popping over to a ski resort on a package charter to blow up some snow (FFS!!!), have been instructed to not use information relating to the chance the passanger might be a muslim terrorist to inform their decision making. Thus, a young Arab speaking male with no prior links to the UK, no luggage, no evident idea where he's headed to, is treated the same as a middle aged Brit with British antecedents as long as your arm, including 30 years of unblemished employment and 30 year's air travel history, and loads of relatives who died fighting the Germans and Japanese. We are both frisked, inconvenienced, and then sent merrily on our way.

This is a bit like Mao's attempt to improve crop yields by shooting all China's birds, except using guns with chocolate bullets, and firing them randomly on anything that moves: birds, cats. traffic wardens, babies . . . . unbelievably annoying to everyone, and utterly utterly useless. :facepalm:

ps it is 'stringent' and 'embarrassing' :lolol:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
By The Numbers - The Untold Story of Muslim Opinions & Demographics

By the Numbers is an honest and open discussion about Muslim opinions and demographics. Narrated by Raheel Raza, president of Muslims Facing Tomorrow, this short film is about the acceptance that radical Islam is a bigger problem than most politically correct governments and individuals are ready to admit.

https://youtu.be/pSPvnFDDQHk

Fantastic post.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
By The Numbers - The Untold Story of Muslim Opinions & Demographics

By the Numbers is an honest and open discussion about Muslim opinions and demographics. Narrated by Raheel Raza, president of Muslims Facing Tomorrow, this short film is about the acceptance that radical Islam is a bigger problem than most politically correct governments and individuals are ready to admit.

https://youtu.be/pSPvnFDDQHk

Great video.

I couldn't help but notice that many of those countries that were being studied were poor and have very low levels of education, i think solving that is key to unraveling extremism.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Great video.

I couldn't help but notice that many of those countries that were being studied were poor and have very low levels of education, i think solving that is key to unraveling extremism.

You have to ask though do they really want that? Unravelling extremism isn't as easy as opening a tin of pilchards! Cultures & beliefs are very rooted in 'peoples'. Some will never accept female education, will accept FGM, the covering of the female form, honour killings. They also advocate a sharia law that is inherently sexist. The imams and hardliners will only use western values to destroy western culture. That is one itty little example of how they can exploit under the guise of 'intergrating '.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I work in an office in Camden with a fair few muslims, some devout and some extremely assimilated into British culture and all I've heard is how sad and angry they are at these attacks. One chap in particular is quite active in his community in making sure that the hate preachers don't get a foot in the door of his mosque
Why aren't these hate preachers in prison? It is a crime to preach hate isn't it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why aren't these hate preachers in prison? It is a crime to preach hate isn't it?

I'm only guessing here but it's possibly because it's difficult to prove if the preacher is subtle about how he does it and has the gift of the gab. To be perfectly honest, my colleague could well be passing on information about these people to the authorities. I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm only guessing here but it's possibly because it's difficult to prove if the preacher is subtle about how he does it and has the gift of the gab. To be perfectly honest, my colleague could well be passing on information about these people to the authorities. I certainly wouldn't put it past him.
My only experience is seeing those who are described as hate preachers on the news, and little seems to be done about it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My only experience is seeing those who are described as hate preachers on the news, and little seems to be done about it.

That's the sum total of my experience too (seeing them on telly). I really can't give you a definitive answer because I don't know and I'm not going to ask my work mate. Sorry.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
First of all, we have to convince imams in Europe to start preaching that whoever kills innocent people will NOT go to heaven, will NOT enjoy the beauty of 72 virgins etc. That would be useful (and true!). If they are not willing to do that, they should be sent back to their countries of origin. Secondly, every terrorist somehow involved in such acts of terror (even only in planning and supporting the attacks) should be fed to hungry pigs on open, European-wide, TV (of course, the programme would have to be aired after 10pm, with 'Parental Advisory' warning label).

That's it--two simple steps to end islamic terrorism forever.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's just the same old shit over and over again. If the whole idea is to one day change and conquer Europe, then open borders, political correctness is slowly doing the job for them.

The more people you allow in the more of an audience these preachers get, until such a time there a so many people filled with a hatred of our own cultures, way of life, religions that the whole situation gets out of control and there is nothing we can do about it.

We will become complacent our democracy will become exploited, and in the end hard line conservative views of the religion will then become moderate. It could be time to think about clearing off to a country that doesn't put up with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A bit harsh on the many young british muslim women training to become doctors, that I have trained, over the last 15 years. :glare:

On the other hand, why was I very vigorously body searched and practically indecently assaulted (the bloke's hand did brush my cock) when I was attempting to board a package flight to go skiing in France on Saturday? How did that make us all safer?

My concern is that there are clearly bad people out there and yet we are wasting massive amounts of time and money harrassing other people who are, ahem, obviously not jihadis, while failing to ensure that folk who explicitly or covertly promote jihad are not let into the UK, and (if they are already here) failing to ensure they are banged up for sedition.

Back in the 70s the old Bill in london had no qualms about stopping and searching any black male who had the audacity to be walking about, or driving a car (operation Swamp, or somesuch). That was clearly absurd. But it seems today that the people charged with stopping Islamic terrorists from popping into the UK, or stopping islamic terrorists from popping over to a ski resort on a package charter to blow up some snow (FFS!!!), have been instructed to not use information relating to the chance the passanger might be a muslim terrorist to inform their decision making. Thus, a young Arab speaking male with no prior links to the UK, no luggage, no evident idea where he's headed to, is treated the same as a middle aged Brit with British antecedents as long as your arm, including 30 years of unblemished employment and 30 year's air travel history, and loads of relatives who died fighting the Germans and Japanese. We are both frisked, inconvenienced, and then sent merrily on our way.

This is a bit like Mao's attempt to improve crop yields by shooting all China's birds, except using guns with chocolate bullets, and firing them randomly on anything that moves: birds, cats. traffic wardens, babies . . . . unbelievably annoying to everyone, and utterly utterly useless. :facepalm:

ps it is 'stringent' and 'embarrassing' :lolol:

Sounds great until you realise that over the years there have been screams from the liberals about human rights and of course the trusted "you are picking on me/racist shouts". You only have to look on the Bedfordshire Police home page to find out the pre warnings and kid gloves used to look into a Muslim suspect.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We now know how serious the bombings were yesterday as Kay Burley has flown into Brussels to anchor coverage with her sad face on. Just waiting for the dog with sadness in his eyes to make an appearance now

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I work in an office in Camden with a fair few muslims, some devout and some extremely assimilated into British culture and all I've heard is how sad and angry they are at these attacks. One chap in particular is quite active in his community in making sure that the hate preachers don't get a foot in the door of his mosque, he's also on a local committee that includes Jewish, Christian and other faith leaders. They do a lot of pastoral work in schools trying to stop impressionable teenagers from falling prey to the propaganda. It's not entirely successful apparently but inroads are being made which is encouraging. I will add though that more than a couple of the devout ones (not this particular chap) have expressed views recently about Israel that I've got big problems with.

Both good and bad news. I teach a huge number of Muslims and they are (as always) strangely quiet on the issue.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
So far I haven't heard a western politician come out with the line, "This is nothing to do with Islam." Previously this has been a common response. I suppose that is some progress after another tragic event.

D

Deleted member 22389

There is a reason why we have Christian countries and Muslim countries, it just works much better that way.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Both good and bad news. I teach a huge number of Muslims and they are (as always) strangely quiet on the issue.

Do you think it's a proximity (or lack of) thing that makes it irrelevant in their lives, the same as how Western Europe has ignored the Turkey bombings or is it out of politeness to you? What was their view after the shopping mall attacks you had when you first went over?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Do you think it's a proximity (or lack of) thing that makes it irrelevant in their lives, the same as how Western Europe has ignored the Turkey bombings or is it out of politeness to you? What was their view after the shopping mall attacks you had when you first went over?

Not sure, we discussed it in form time and Sociology class this morning but very little to no comment at all from those students. Similar after the Westgate attacks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here