Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadchurch

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Series 3 might work given the 2 lead actors are so good - over to the scriptwriters to come up with something fresh and original. Preferably not a rehash of whats gone before.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought last nights show was easily the best of a rocky series, powerful stuff. Don't understand how Joe got off mind you.

I'd heard they shot two different endings depending on a third series being commissioned. There was a clue in last nights finale when I think it was Beth Latimer says something like " So that's it ? he walks away and we have to go on ? " To which the reply was something like " Yes, he cannot be retried unless there is compelling new evidence brought to light ". There is series 3

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
They will need to look for someone else or new evidence which they hinted at. I suppose there will be more on the black lawyers son.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Don't understand how Joe got off mind you.

If you hadn't seen series 1 or anything outside of the courtroom, like the jury, you'd have just seen a case littered with police errors and a viable alternative narrative provided by Miller's legal team that would make it difficult to say that he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
If you hadn't seen series 1 or anything outside of the courtroom, like the jury, you'd have just seen a case littered with police errors and a viable alternative narrative provided by Miller's legal team that would make it difficult to say that he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Fair point. And I suppose miscarriages of justice do happen, the guilty do go free. Because we know Joe really did do it, or Season 1 was a bit of a travesty. Or do I have to go and watch the bloody thing again just to spot the clues that he might not have? Argh....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fair point. And I suppose miscarriages of justice do happen, the guilty do go free. Because we know Joe really did do it, or Season 1 was a bit of a travesty. Or do I have to go and watch the bloody thing again just to spot the clues that he might not have? Argh....

The fact that his lawyer originally expected a guilty plea would suggest that even they thought he was guilty and presumably had told her so. It was Miller beating him up that killed the case, as it allowed the defense to have his confession ruled as inadmissible. After that there was nothing to prove it was him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They were. It was thrown out because Miller attacked him after he confessed.

Indeed - I thought of that on the way to the match yesterday...... but then that thought was overtaken by other far more exciting things, like goals from Baldock and Calderon's beard.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Something has to happen in series 3 otherwise itll be known as the child killer who walked free programme. Yes this happens in real life but not in tv land.

I was half expecting a not guilty but them he ended up properly confessing guilt. Or commit suicide so justice is done.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Something has to happen in series 3 otherwise itll be known as the child killer who walked free programme. Yes this happens in real life but not in tv land.

I was half expecting a not guilty but them he ended up properly confessing guilt. Or commit suicide so justice is done.

What makes you so sure he dun it?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What makes you so sure he dun it?

Well apart from the programme showing you he did it but if they want to do some shark jumping and it turns out he is innocent and someone else then fine. but its kind of depressing that a young kid has been murdered and no one has been convicted. Or is it me?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For an innocent vicar he's awful shifty.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For an innocent vicar he's awful shifty.

I agree, he seems to have distinct heterosexual tendencies, something I thought the Cof E had stamped out years ago.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Well apart from the programme showing you he did it but if they want to do some shark jumping and it turns out he is innocent and someone else then fine. but its kind of depressing that a young kid has been murdered and no one has been convicted. Or is it me?

They showed him confessing, but I don't remember them showing him doing it....

(though I may have nodded off at the wrong moment)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here