Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadchurch

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ok now my wife loves it as do other family members and I dont mind it but ..........

I cannot see hardly any association from one episode to the next, they just pull out another scenario that you couldnt possibly of imagined.

I am guessing that if you just watched the last episode then there would be very little link to anything that had happened in the previous episodes.

For me it is TV Dramas version of 3-2-1 and dusty bin !!!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Last one tonight - thank heavens. What a meandering, crock of nonsense that I have watched every minute of...

Mrs Matt thinks it is the son who killed the lad and his father is covering for him or should we expect a last minute return of Will Mellor or whatever his name is??

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Last one tonight - thank heavens. What a meandering, crock of nonsense that I have watched every minute of...

Mrs Matt thinks it is the son who killed the lad and his father is covering for him or should we expect a last minute return of Will Mellor or whatever his name is??

It will be some unexpected, unpredictable nonsense!

I just hope there isn't a third series - it seems to be a vanity thing these days, to keep a program going with no hope of a "proper ending". Can't believe how many TV series are still going, months or years after I stopped wasting time on them.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I saw before Christmas that they had commissioned Series 3 but I really hope that not too many answers are left until that series (if they even make it after the ratings drop that this ones had)...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Yes absolute tosh of the highest order, it's pitiful to see Tennant's fall from grace as a serious actor to some gurning Scotsman who can't even shave or wear a tie most of the time. Seeing him putting on one of the worst Scottish accents I have ever heard really grates.. Still it is to be hoped that he is only keeping the Monday night slot warm for a decent bit of James Nesbitt drama, now you don't see him gurning or talking with a ridiculous accent thank God. As for Coleman, she keeps turning on the waterworks and simpering all the time, she should grow some and tell her agent to get her some decent work, some Bronte stuff or Lark Rise to Candleford.
Thank the stars we are going to treated to another load of West Country mumbling with the return of Poldark, and, not before time. Might as well go the whole hog and get The Onedin Line moving again too.

As for tonight, it could well be the Miller boy who done the dirty and It could be Joe Miller covering for his son. As for the other two, Clare done the girl because her boyfriend Lee biffed her and the other one is trussed up in a chicken shack in Brittany.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It will be some unexpected, unpredictable nonsense!

I just hope there isn't a third series - it seems to be a vanity thing these days, to keep a program going with no hope of a "proper ending". Can't believe how many TV series are still going, months or years after I stopped wasting time on them.

I wholeheartedly agree. This is where the cult of TV series is going to devour itself. At least with films and sequals you generally get an ending at the first instalment which leaves a small gap for the sequels. These TV shows just drag out the concept until it is a meaningless shadow of themselves. Homeland and Revenge are two that I can't believe are still running.

A narratives ending is a massively important part and a story cannot be successful written if you do not know when the ending is coming or you are not allowed to bring it to a natural conclusion because it is popular.

If you have a talented writer who writes a quality first series then why can't we assume that that they have the ability to write another quality story instead of flogging the dead horse that was series one.

We realised a long time ago that sequels were rarely as good as the originals so why can't we act on this and transfer it to TV series.

Oh and while I am at it, can we just have a normal happy detective who isn't struggling with some kind of interesting quirk or disease but despite it all is quite brilliant?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I predict that Joe Miller will be found not guilty and season three will be based around 'who killed Joe Miller' as the town closes ranks around whoever did it

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm recording tonight's episode, as I type this they probably have given their findings, ah well...

I think if the show wants to give itself the best chance of producing a decent third season, they need to find him guilty. They then need to focus on one storyline, perhaps a new crime, where we get to meet other residents of the town and learn their secrets and explore their relationships through the prism of a different crime.

This season has lost focus, it is trying to be about the trial and about the last case, and exploring the detectives private lives more. It is too much. Close the case of the first season. Solve the Sandbrook case. Move on and give the new season a chance to be as good as it can unshackled by previous storylines.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I predict that Joe Miller will be found not guilty and season three will be based around 'who killed Joe Miller' as the town closes ranks around whoever did it

Good call, Joe Miller about to go airborne off the cliff I think.....

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Not sure what series 3 of Broadchurch is going to cover? Glad Sandbrook resolved, but this series has been disappointing..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good call, Joe Miller about to go airborne off the cliff I think.....

Joe Miller not airborne but close. Powerfully acted last episode as Hardy and Miller crack the rock-paper-scissors triumvirate of Ashworth,Ripley and Gillespie. Lies within lies as all had blood on their hands. You have to love gritty old David Tennant for getting to the bottom of it all with a little help from DS Miller.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel as though this second series would have been better had they concentrated solely on Sandbrook. It feels a bit weird that the jury found the guy not guilty yet he'd confessed, he never took the stand and never said he was innocent to his friends, family and townsfolk.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I thought last nights show was easily the best of a rocky series, powerful stuff. Don't understand how Joe got off mind you.

He got off because there was doubt, and the Jury was taking seriously it's duty to be totally certain. There's a difference between knowing someone is guilty and being able to prove it. They could well have been instructed by the judge to ignore the fact that he confessed, if in fact that came up in the trial at all.
How about a next series of Miller pursuing Miller while the trial for the original case gets resolved or goes horribly wrong.
And I thought David Tennant was superb, as was DI Miller. (The name of the actress will come back in a minute - Olivia Colman?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here