Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadchurch

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Having missed the programme originally I watched the whole of season 1 few weeks ago and they do show him strangling the boy during the confession flashback

Okay, I don't remember that. But they've also showed various characters "daydreaming" things that didn't happen, so I don't know how much weight to put on a "flashback".

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not Guilty Your Honour

Guilty.JPG

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone watch Gracepoint? It's the US remake, that was helmed by Chris Chibnall who did Broadchurch, has David Tennant reprising his same role, also features Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad), Sarah-Louise Potts (Holby City, Kinky Boots, Waterloo Road), Jackie Weaver (Silver Linings Playbook), Michael Pena (Fury, American Hustle, The Shield) and Nick Nolte (do I really have to?)

They're spreading the story over 10 episodes (with the claim being Chibnall had to cut stuff for the ITV version and this allows him to fulfil his vision, but that could be spin to justify the remake/extension) and, initially at least, it was claimed there would be a different outcome (I've not seen if they came through on that promise, or if it was a bluff).

Edit: For those unaware, it's on ITV Encore Wednesdays at 10pm.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone watch Gracepoint? It's the US remake, that was helmed by Chris Chibnall who did Broadchurch, has David Tennant reprising his same role, also features Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad), Sarah-Louise Potts (Holby City, Kinky Boots, Waterloo Road), Jackie Weaver (Silver Linings Playbook), Michael Pena (Fury, American Hustle, The Shield) and Nick Nolte (do I really have to?)

They're spreading the story over 10 episodes (with the claim being Chibnall had to cut stuff for the ITV version and this allows him to fulfil his vision, but that could be spin to justify the remake/extension) and, initially at least, it was claimed there would be a different outcome (I've not seen if they came through on that promise, or if it was a bluff).

Edit: For those unaware, it's on ITV Encore Wednesdays at 10pm.

I think Chibnail had put out the whole original story but with a different ending shot if ITV did not take up their option for another series. Allowing for Amercan ad breaks, 10 episodes of Gracepoint will equal 8 episodes of Broadchuch I reckon.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
[ Allowing for Amercan ad breaks, 10 episodes of Gracepoint will equal 8 episodes of Broadchuch I reckon ]

We watch a fair few American programmes and without ads they are about 44 minutes long, ITV programmes on Catch-Up without the breaks are 45 minutes long, so American and British programmes on commercial telly are actually about the same length!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here