Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] British Police

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Put the cretin on ignore like I have.

The fewer people that engage with the dimbots, racists and sad men with tiny willies the sooner they might shut up and go away:shrug:

I rather enjoy some of the more humorous numpties, can be entertaining. But people like Chicken Run and one of his other chums are just weirdos. Their experience of NSC is largely defined by other posters. They rarely have original thoughts, instead living to react to other’s posts. Usually in a creepy, over the line manner.
The ignore bin is the only place fit for them.

Back on topic, I think the police do a fantastic job mostly. I don’t think they are trained well enough in crowd control though. Go in hard or be ultra friendly. Don’t **** about in the middle ground. You lose the confidence of the people you are there to protect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I rather enjoy some of the more humorous numpties, can be entertaining. But people like Chicken Run and one of his other chums are just weirdos. Their experience of NSC is largely defined by other posters. They rarely have original thoughts, instead living to react to other’s posts. Usually in a creepy, over the line manner.
The ignore bin is the only place fit for them.

Back on topic, I think the police do a fantastic job mostly. I don’t think they are trained well enough in crowd control though. Go in hard or be ultra friendly. Don’t **** about in the middle ground. You lose the confidence of the people you are there to protect

Indeed. Given that I am unlikely to go on any sort of protest, and if I did it would not be one that would attract the interest of Britain First, I can happily sit back and say that if you plan to go on a demo, make sure the route and time have been approved by the authorities.

If you go on an unapproved demo then anticipate issues; a police blockade. So what do you plan to do? Rush the blockade? Throw things? If that's your plan, expect to be arrested/hosed/tasered.

Yes, so if a demo is not approved it should be contained and those involved arrested.

Now, if I were OB I'd have the following questions to consider.

1. What do I see as a good outcome?

This could range from 'we kept the peace and everyone went home with minimal damage or fuss' to 'we shall not let any laws be broken'. In reality the objective seems to change according to circumstances. There will be an itemised procedure but it doesn't seem to be ideal given that there is a sense that too many tossers are getting away with too much on these demos right now. Maybe my perception is incorrect, though, and maybe what we see is in fact the best available outcome right now, with some injuries but also some folk getting away with things. I guess if I were OB it would be some kind of messy compromise objective; do no harm, protect the public, pursue criminality.

2. What is my bottom line?

This could range from 'no lives lost', which may mean backing off, to 'No law shall be broken' which may mean attempting to arrest everyone from the off. In other countries, China for example, guns would be used very early. In the UK it seems that on the whole the OB opt for a thin or thick blue line, and a hope that the protesters will get bored and go home, with the occasional bit of kettling. I don't like that, really, but I'm not sure that a one size fits all approach works here. With a march of thousands it would be madness to wade in. When it is just a few hundred or fewer (the usual turnout of footy lads) I think I'd prefer to see a bit of wading in.

So maybe the middle ground is the safest option; and like New Labour, it annoys both left and right.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Saw the videos on the news. Seems the Police were pretty much bang to rights, right up to the point the trigger was pulled. They have his car and, if it's anything like the UK I assume from that they'll have the address and name. Even after all that, if they felt they had to pull the trigger, why the **** do they always aim for the torso and not the leg!!! Guessing that will be their training, probably where a lot of their problems lie!

Asking a police officer to shoot to wound is probably unrealistic, especially if it's a moving target. A diet of Hollywood movies has led the public to believe this is possible but, from what I know, it would demand a level of skill above and beyond that of the standard cop.

Saying that, the Spanish police are required to fire warning shot before aiming at a person. That seems to have it's own problems though. Presumably a bullet fired into the sky has to come down somewhere.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Really? I said I was surprised that a user was banned despite racist posts being tolerated and that matches my past experience of reporting posts leading to no action.

Now that a mod has said racism won't be tolerated I'll report any offending posts.

I don't equate the ''Banning of Swansman'' to whether o not others should be banned for Racists Comments - They are two separate issues.

He was having his views on Police in this country and he equated them to Police in General. His terminology was a wee bit warped but they are his views and maybe he has had dealings with the police that maybe others have not.

Lets look at a Hypothetical Scenario;

Two police trying to get a man into a Police Car who is perhaps resisting Arrest. One Officer intentionally bangs his head on the car 3 or 4 times to subdue him. He reaches the Police station and later makes a complaint about that Policeman INTENTIONALLY banging his head against the car which is now profusely bleeding.

The other Police Officer who has witnessed this. What does he put in his report ?

Does he Report his colleague for doing what he did or does he support his colleagues version of events that he probably banged it when being put into the car ?

I can Guarantee you that 99.9% of the time that he supports his colleagues version of events. Why ? because Police need to support each other every time they go out and face danger on the streets. They need to look after each other and support each other.

That doesn't mean to say that he is right to support the Police brutality that he has just witnessed.

We need to get into a culture where they are not obliged to support each other because only then will Police feel the need to make themselves accountable. It will be a deterrent to Unnecessary Police Violence.

These are the things we should be discussing instead of ''Banning'' Swansman for having the courage to bring them to the Fore. People are marching on the streets around the World because Black People around the world are more likely to be suffering at the hands of Police Violence. Then as soon as someone has the audacity to hold a mirror up to us as a society to take a look at the issue he gets Banned. - It just wasn't Right.

Bring back Swansman Campaign has it's first signature from me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well, had a quick look at some UK police brutality videos and its the same shit over there as everywhere. Involuntary cuckolds who need to show how powerful they are by beating or threatening poor people during their working hours. Not surprised my opinion of generally disliking police officers was not well recieved here - old, white upper middle class men generally get stiff from the idea of a group of people beating some fella who smoked a joint or stole a piece of food from some tax haven-abusing supermarket chain.

I'll stand off though and leave you to circle jerking about the thought of getting your tongues brown while meeting some police officer who cracked the kneecaps of some BLM protestor.
Prick.

seapigeon

Banned
May 1, 2020
So if someone came round your house, held a gun to your face, raped your other half or family members, then stole everything you had of any value.. you'd call who, exactly. The Samaritans?

We exist in a country which has some social stability because we have a Police Force who uphold the law. If you don't like it, toddle off to Venezuela where your dreams can come true :shrug:

*Failing that, if self-protection is your thing, Texas.. where you can lock yourself in a house with boarded up windows and sit in a chair 24-7 with a shotgun on your lap...

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Saying that, the Spanish police are required to fire warning shot before aiming at a person. That seems to have it's own problems though. Presumably a bullet fired into the sky has to come down somewhere.

They've already thought of that risk:

s-l300.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Even after all that, if they felt they had to pull the trigger, why the **** do they always aim for the torso and not the leg!!! Guessing that will be their training, probably where a lot of their problems lie!

Because aiming for the legs is :

a. Difficult - generally police in the UK have to use single shot mode not automatic mode

b. Lacks the ability to stop someone shooting back

UK police are taught to shoot at the torso because it easier to hit and helps protect themselves and the public. It's only Hollywood that suggests shooting at the legs is easy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Saw the videos on the news. Seems the Police were pretty much bang to rights, right up to the point the trigger was pulled. They have his car and, if it's anything like the UK I assume from that they'll have the address and name. Even after all that, if they felt they had to pull the trigger, why the **** do they always aim for the torso and not the leg!!! Guessing that will be their training, probably where a lot of their problems lie!

police across the world are trained to "shot to stop", aiming for the torso to give maximum effect and largest target. police followed training in that case, i would expect little different in any other country.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Asking a police officer to shoot to wound is probably unrealistic, especially if it's a moving target. A diet of Hollywood movies has led the public to believe this is possible but, from what I know, it would demand a level of skill above and beyond that of the standard cop.

I don't think a falling bullet is an issue, but if I was running away and I heard a gun go off I wouldn't stop running tbh.

My British Jamaican mate always charms the police when he has been stopped in his car, which is very rare, he gives his name and is sent on his way. Others may refuse to give their name and talk themselves into being arrested because others from the community advise them to be as difficult as possible, and if they resist arrest trouble follows. Colour of skin makes no difference in this country, it is the attitude to the police that makes a difference.

Newcastle (as an example) after the clubs close always has people resisting arrest and they have to be restrained by 3 or 4 police. Even when flat faced on the ground they are still fighting it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

"its own problems" :moo: Damn edit time limits.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I don't think a falling bullet is an issue, but if I was running away and I heard a gun go off I wouldn't stop running tbh.

The saying "What goes up must come down" is an appropriate starting point. If you fire a gun into the air, the bullet will travel up to a mile high (depending on the angle of the shot and the power of the gun). Once it reaches its apogee, the bullet will fall. Air resistance limits its speed, but bullets are designed to be fairly aerodynamic, so the speed is still quite lethal if the bullet happens to hit someone. In rural areas, the chance of hitting someone is remote because the number of people is low. In crowded cities, however, the probability rises dramatically, and people get killed quite often by stray bullets.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/question281.htm

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Because aiming for the legs is :

a. Difficult - generally police in the UK have to use single shot mode not automatic mode

b. Lacks the ability to stop someone shooting back

UK police are taught to shoot at the torso because it easier to hit and helps protect themselves and the public. It's only Hollywood that suggests shooting at the legs is easy.

Firstly, this was in the US, not the UK so if they aimed below the waste with an automatic mode they are likely to hit the target.

Secondly, the guy had a taser, not a gun, which they knew because that's what he took off them. If he had had a gun then he wouldn't have taken the taser!

There is a big difference between shooting a terrorist in the torso because you need to neutralise that threat and shooting at someone running away from you, without a lethal weapon and only a few yards away.

The US police don't do themselves any favours.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The saying "What goes up must come down" is an appropriate starting point. If you fire a gun into the air, the bullet will travel up to a mile high (depending on the angle of the shot and the power of the gun). Once it reaches its apogee, the bullet will fall. Air resistance limits its speed, but bullets are designed to be fairly aerodynamic, so the speed is still quite lethal if the bullet happens to hit someone. In rural areas, the chance of hitting someone is remote because the number of people is low. In crowded cities, however, the probability rises dramatically, and people get killed quite often by stray bullets.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/question281.htm

Anything falling from the sky can be dangerous, we know this. Horizontal crossfire at human level and missing the target is far more dangerous.

My real point though was that hearing a gunshot wouldn't make me stop running, and I would probably run faster.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I disagree. He often has interesting and alternative views. Sometimes he thinks out-of-the-box, sometimes I think he’s off-his-box. This thread isn’t one of his better moments but he’s never struck me as a troll.

His English is also phenomenal, don’t mind the guy at all, not that I read much of his stuff.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I assume you mean his written/typed English, I totally agree it is phenomenal, which leads me to believe he’s not who he says he is!

It is indeed very, very good but the type of errors he makes suggest that he is a non-native speaker. His knowledge of Sweden also gives me no reason to doubt him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here