Bristol City, will it be pay on the gate?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just what we need- a load of pikey Swindon fans causing trouble and our fans getting the blame!

Tell them to go to Rovers instead lol

Rovers are at Bradford. Swindon, on the other hand, are at home. Why on earth would they travel to Bristol when Swindon are at home?

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009

Good question, though. I've not tried to get a ticket yet. Was a member of the old "Away Supporters Scheme", live near Bristol so tend to go to the West of England games. Last few years have been great, Plymouth, Rovers, Yeovil, Swinedon, Plymouth, Carlisle. I know that attending away games doesn't put money into the club, but you still go and contribute to the noise and I didn't miss the Withdean Whiners..........

So what are the chances of PoTG this Saturday ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Plymouth, Rovers, Yeovil, Swinedon, Plymouth, Carlisle. ?

That's an interesting west country list. Plymouth twice, some sort of pig farm, and somewhere virtually in Scotland.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Good question, though. I've not tried to get a ticket yet. Was a member of the old "Away Supporters Scheme", live near Bristol so tend to go to the West of England games. Last few years have been great, Plymouth, Rovers, Yeovil, Swinedon, Plymouth, Carlisle. I know that attending away games doesn't put money into the club, but you still go and contribute to the noise and I didn't miss the Withdean Whiners..........

Your're allowed to buy a ticket, just register on the website and get yourself a fan number. AMS doesn't exist anymore

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
That makes it even dafter!!! Why watch Brighton if swindon are at home?

Did you really question why they would rather watch Brighton than Swindon?

I realise the likelyhood of Di Canio knocking out a ref / player / mascot could be worth a watch, but on football grounds I would rather see The Albion play!, even if it was in Scotland!!!

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Did you really question why they would rather watch Brighton than Swindon?

I realise the likelyhood of Di Canio knocking out a ref / player / mascot could be worth a watch, but on football grounds I would rather see The Albion play!, even if it was in Scotland!!!

please get back in your box and stop questioning why my mates want to watch Brighton...

The question was, is it likley to be pay on the gate? you are trying to be funny with your reply...sorry to say its not working, you are just annoying.

Maybe you dont have mates who want to watch a succesful entertaining team?

It does if you buy the advance tickets through BHA as the away team gets a percentage from the tickets it sells - 5 or 10%, I can't remember which. I'd telephone the Bristol City ticket office for info on PoTG.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
please get back in your box and stop questioning why my mates want to watch Brighton...

The question was, is it likley to be pay on the gate? you are trying to be funny with your reply...sorry to say its not working, you are just annoying.

Maybe you dont have mates who want to watch a succesful entertaining team?

There's no need to get you knickers in a twist...

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Acording to Bristol City ticket office, it is unlikley to be pay on the gate as Brighton were sent 2000 tickets and have sold 1200...

Answered your own question. Probably could have checked this in the first place and avoided this ridiculous thread

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Acording to Bristol City ticket office, it is unlikley to be pay on the gate as Brighton were sent 2000 tickets and have sold 1200...

It has always ended up being POTG in the past at BCFC,... why would it be different this year?... especially as we have only solf 1200 odd.... there will be plenty who will want to turn up on the day after a late decision to go, especially those who live locally.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I spoke to the BCFC ticket office this morning and they said they "didn't see why it wouldn't be pay on the gate" but advised coming early because of traffic and because they expected up to 2K Brighton fans (the away end holds up to 2.8K). In total they seem likely to have a crowd of c15K in a ground with a 22K capacity! Not clear why it would be a problem but then that is logically thinking and since when did the average football club box office deal in logic when issueing conflicting advice was an option :)

BTW if I try to buy my tickets through BHAFC box office on line I have to pay full price (£25 each). I can't get through on the phone but if I pay at Ashton Gate on the day my one senior and two junior tickets will cost £20 and £10 each respectively - a total saving of £35!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seats are unreserved btw, sit where you like. Sensible club for once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports