Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Based on nothing but belief in Brighton's footballing magnificence and Bristol's propping up of the table I was going to predict a comfortable 2-0 away win. Having read this thread however, I have discovered that they now have the excellent Sean O'Driscoll in charge, have won four games in a row at home, have recently beaten Watford and pushed Cardiff and Palace all the way. So, with that in mind, I'm going to abstain from predicting the result and shall say nothing except that a win would be, all things considered, a very decent result.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
League matches at Bristol City
Brighton wins - 10
Bristol City wins - 16
Draws - 7
Brighton goals - 36
Bristol City goals - 54

League results at Bristol City (last 30 years)
English League Championship

10.09.2011 Bristol City 0-1 Brighton
English League One
02.09.2006 Bristol City 1-0 Brighton
English Division Two
24.04.2004 Bristol City 0-0 Brighton
03.11.2001 Bristol City 0-1 Brighton
09.09.1995 Bristol City 0-1 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
20.08.1991 Bristol City 2-1 Brighton
22.09.1990 Bristol City 3-1 Brighton
English Division Three (old)
28.12.1987 Bristol City 5-2 Brighton

Last Season
Bristol City 0-1 Brighton
Possession: 46% - 54%
Shots: 15 - 14
On Target: 9 - 8
Corners: 8 - 7
Fouls: 11 - 8
Yellows: 1 - 0
Scorer: Barnes (80)

Always love the stats Everest thank you

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This won't be at all easy, SOD's teams are sods to break down......always organised and seem to have a plan.

Looking at the table a draw wouldn't be the worst result tonight although I'd obviously love us to win.

1-1 (Spanish Dave).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving Crickhowell at 5ish. Might join you for a pint at The Cottage Inn (perfectly named away pub for us lot) if things work out.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Think the defence is key tonight. If we can restrict them to 1 goal maximum I think we'll stand a good chance but they've really picked up under O'Driscoll. He also seems to be bigging up Ulloa as well which probably means they'll have two men on him...

"He is close to being the archetypal target man, but is also technically very good, which is difficult to find,”

Bristol City boss O'Driscoll highlights Leonardo Ulloa threat for Brighton | This is Bristol

Thanks for that, is interesting. I like O' Driscoll as a manager, his teams are usually solid and play good football - could be an interesting match up tonight. I have a feeling they'll be Brighton-lite again (i.e., when they played us at The AMEX they played lots of nice passing football too, just not as good at is as we were!)

I'd be happy if they put two on Ulloa too. Not only do I think he could handle that, but it'll open up a lot of space for the likes of David/Orlandi...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A point would not be a bad result to be honest, they are on a great run at home.

We need the 3 points , the same was said about Cardiff and their decent form , luckily the players didn't think a point would be a fair result and went for the win.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks for that, is interesting. I like O' Driscoll as a manager, his teams are usually solid and play good football - could be an interesting match up tonight. I have a feeling they'll be Brighton-lite again (i.e., when they played us at The AMEX they played lots of nice passing football too, just not as good at is as we were!)

I'd be happy if they put two on Ulloa too. Not only do I think he could handle that, but it'll open up a lot of space for the likes of David/Orlandi...

Good point. Really hope we go all out for an early goal again as it's done us quite a lot of favours in the past few games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Having read this thread however, I have discovered that they now have the excellent Sean O'Driscoll in charge, have won four games in a row at home, have recently beaten Watford and pushed Cardiff and Palace all the way. So, with that in mind, I'm going to abstain from predicting the result and shall say nothing except that a win would be, all things considered, a very decent result.

Wise words, O'Driscoll is a quality Championship manager and with 12 points out of 12 at home in the last 4 games are probably going to give us a real test of our credentials as play off candidates. Win this and I'll start to believe that auto promotion is a possibilty. Not sure I can stand to listen to another backs to the wall last 20 mins if we are one goal up though :facepalm:

Is this the game we come from behind to win, the timing would be perfect given our current run and the 1st ever hatrick at the Amex

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Good point. Really hope we go all out for an early goal again as it's done us quite a lot of favours in the past few games.

Definitely agree. Plus that annoying statistic of, 'When we take the lead first we don't lose, when we concede first we don't win...' Just have to make sure we score first then!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I meant to PM you! Thanks for your advice, I spoke with her previous owners and unfortunately she suffered some form of injury when she was a kitten and she fractured her hip. They were unable to do anything, apparently, and she's now kind of stuck with it. She's in no pain or discomfort and she's settled into our flat really nicely. She's exactly what we were looking for, it's going really well! Unfortunately, she hates dry food and looks at us as if to ask, "why don't you love me?" when we don't give her wet food! But we'll keep trying new brands and flavours until she finds some dry food which she doesn't seem offended by. Any suggestions?

Royal Canin
they are all a little pricey but very little waste
Exigent is supposed to be the one for fussy eaters
all of ours eat any of the RC dried foods and we mix it up a bit and at the moment they are on the light otherwise they get a little porky

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely agree. Plus that annoying statistic of, 'When we take the lead first we don't lose, when we concede first we don't win...' Just have to make sure we score first then!

REALLY want us to get rid of that "not winning from behind" stat before the end of the season. Could weigh on the players' minds going into the playoff games, should we get there.

Jimmy Grimble

REALLY want us to get rid of that "not winning from behind" stat before the end of the season. Could weigh on the players' minds going into the playoff games, should we get there.

I said this before the Blackburn game and still stand by it - I think we need to get rid of it if we're going to make the play-offs.

Statistics indicate it's likely there will be at least 3 more games where will we go behind this season. If we continue our current run it's most likely we'll get 1 point from those 3 games (our average return when going a goal down). That would mean requiring 19 points from the other 9 games to hit 75 points - achievable, but difficult.

I think the game on Saturday can act as a real boost to halt this stat. A few times this season/last season we drew matches 1-1 despite finishing the game strongly. Saturday we finished (relatively) strongly but also scored 3 goals. Hopefully this will act as positive mental encouragement for the players.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A tough game for you lot tonight , don't underestimate Bristol they are a different animal at home .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A tough game for you lot tonight , don't underestimate Bristol they are a different animal at home .

You ain't allowed to post on Albion centric threads so go forth and multiply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here