Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City away

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Will be a super tough away game and considering our injuries of late and the fact we've barely got into 2nd gear it's fabulous to look at the table.
Obviously we must be looking at a win and I'm no fan of draws as prefer win or lose :)

Predict a very good game and hopefully a 3-1 win :)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I just got 2 next to each other in block N38 (block next to home fans) in Row 2, and right at end next to home fans. So if logic applies, they're selling well.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Had no interest in going as went last year then..................... Boom, 5-0, first thing I did when I got home was get a ticket. Enjoyed the trip there last year and hope for a similar result!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Got GWR tickets booked, and Cheddar Ales delivery on order for light train refreshment, a couple of hours drinking in Bristol, and mate got match tickets today. Who knows we may see a firework or two, Butcombe on draught at the lovely refurbished stadium, this is the AWAY DAY DREAM

I wouldn't use either "lovely" or "refurbished" to describe the part of the ground away fans are housed in....

Particularly the hilariously small window they serve beer & pies out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I wouldn't use either "lovely" or "refurbished" to describe the part of the ground away fans are housed in....

Adjacent to the comedy small window (through some doors I recall from last season), is a nice and shiney new bar. I was off the pop at the time so don't think I drunk-imagined it.

A lot of people missed it as it was pretty quiet considering we had a sizable following that evening, unless people prefer the 1970s tuck shop selling cooking lager.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Help my slowly vanishing memory please.
Was the Bristol City ground like Withdean back in the 70's? Seagull Special away day and we stood on a terrace 100 yards from the pitch with a tractor between us and the turf. Song that day started with 'We've got the best number 1 in the league...... best number 2' etc etc. This progressed to 'you've got the best tractor' and when the driver turned up he too was the best.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Was the Bristol City ground like Withdean back in the 70's? Seagull Special away day and we stood on a terrace 100 yards from the pitch with a tractor between us and the turf. Song that day started with 'We've got the best number 1 in the league...... best number 2' etc etc. This progressed to 'you've got the best tractor' and when the driver turned up he too was the best.

Are you thinking of Bristol Rovers? Their old stadium was also used for greyhound racing.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Don't remember Bristol City's ground being like Withdean, you may be getting confused with Rovers and maybe when they played at Bath.

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016

Unfortuntely that stand isn't going to be lovely or refurbished for a while yet, people in houses behind don't want to sell up so the club can't pull it down

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don't remember Bristol City's ground being like Withdean, you may be getting confused with Rovers and maybe when they played at Bath.

The away end at Bath City when Rovers played there wasn't 100 yards from the pitch, not sure they played there in the 70s either.
I'm sure he's thinking of Eastville.

help my slowly vanishing memory please.
Was the bristol city ground like withdean back in the 70's? Seagull special away day and we stood on a terrace 100 yards from the pitch with a tractor between us and the turf. Song that day started with 'we've got the best number 1 in the league...... Best number 2' etc etc. This progressed to 'you've got the best tractor' and when the driver turned up he too was the best.

rovers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fptRxwDuO08

Attachments

• eastville.jpeg
    eastville.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've been going on to buy on each of the last few days but don't want seats in low rows or low seat numbers as then you are stuck low down in a corner, so waiting for them to start selling further along. They haven't done yet, so I am assuming no one is buying them. Why they can't sell the best seats first I have no idea!

So ..bought your ticket yet?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Not quite right. There was an open end terrace for standing that was used for home and away fans. When first moved to Bristol saw City from there few times in their Div 1 days. It was nowhere near as far from pitch as Withdean.

A Rovers mate still goes on about the game he went to at Withdean when it was misty and they couldn't see the far end. Apparently Rovers scored and they started cheering only when the teams lined up for kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here