Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant stuff from David Cameron today

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Maybe scrapping the bedroom tax would help!...People who work hard should have more money to spend he said:lolol:
So many who work 40/50hrs a week and work their socks off will be much better off even on 14/15k?
You can't afford houses when you're young
You can't afford to rent your own flat
You're in a house share forever or you stay at your parents forever

Or you can go to university and hopefully get a job that pays 40/50k+ and then pay back your 30k you borrowed while being educated....Or you can go to university get your grades over 4/5 years and then take a minimum wage job because there isn't enough jobs available.

Who'd wanna be a youngster these days seriously?:nono:

Thank Labour for all the problems. 1997 they opened the flood gates to mass immigration and all the troubles the youngsters and the country face today is down to Labours immigration policy.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thank Labour for all the problems. 1997 they opened the flood gates to mass immigration and all the troubles the youngsters and the country face today is down to Labours immigration policy.
Yep these unskilled jobs were a stepping stone for many youngsters :(

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
No, there's that thread telling us that Labour's got the easiest landslide victory ever. Despite no actual policy proposals and a weak leadership, Herr is adamant that Labour will win easily enough.

Labour will fund buying the moon via a banker's tax.

What happened to the Tory statement that no matter how much the economy grows, there will be another huge raft of public spending cuts after the next General Election ?

Uh....where does it say it they won't cut public spending? Plenty of places to cut...

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Things are just going to get worse and worse and worse, for everyone except the filthy rich who are going to do more than alright out of all of this.

It's happened for generations so what makes you think it'll change? The rich are rich because they've worked hard unlike the scroungers on benefits who want the same but are unwilling to get out of bed.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It's happened for generations so what makes you think it'll change? The rich are rich because they've worked hard unlike the scroungers on benefits who want the same but are unwilling to get out of bed.
I assume you are rich then, or don't you work hard enough?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
The rich are rich because they've worked hard

What a steaming pile. Most rich people are rich because they're lucky enough to have been born in to wealth. A few each generation are rich because they worked hard and were lucky. Far, far more are poor regardless of working hard.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This sums up the fact that some people will NEVER vote Tory or give them a hearing and of course some people will NEVER vote Labour. All parties are really targeting the floating voter who has no particular allegiance bar what seems to be the best offer going at the time.

As one of those (I have voted for all three main parties in the past) I can only say that the differences between Cameron's and Milliband's speeches were marked. Cameron showed passion and commitment and actually offered more to the lowest paid than the Labour leader. But the main point is that Cameron can deliver because he and Osbourne know how to manage an economy. Milliband and Balls don't and no one can deliver anything positive unless the economy is strong.

That pair couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery, what happened to the promise to get rid of the deficit by 2015 or our AAA credit rating ?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The rich are rich because they've worked hard unlike the scroungers on benefits who want the same but are unwilling to get out of bed.

I get £56 a week. Immigrants who have gone back to Poland, Romania get £72.50 a week. I won't moan as I'm English and if I do then I'll probably be labelled a racist.

Little confused here. You are calling people scroungers who receive any benefits yet are in receipt of it yourself? ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought most people have moved on from chucking that insult around because it doesn't mean anything anymore, a cliche past its time. A bit like crying 'racist' whenever immigration gets mentioned. If anything your insult probably backfires: People talking about election pledges from the Tories, someone pipes up with 'Little Englander', everyone else thinks "yeah mate, well done. Not heard that before. Here's a packet of crisps and a bottle of coke. Amuse yourself whilst the rest of us have a semi-serious chat".

:)

Possibly. I still feel it's more apt than ever after today's latest round of inwardly looking statements from the Tories. But, to claim I lack imagination and am using cliches is ironic given you used the bingo card gag as your initial response. Hardly new or original humour is it? Let's call it a bore-draw shall we? :smile:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
That pair couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery, what happened to the promise to get rid of the deficit by 2015 or our AAA credit rating ?

They inherited an economic basket case and an economy in deep recession after 13 years of labour control. Four years on we have the strongest growth in Europe and the second strongest in the OECD. Inflation is stable and extremely low, interest rates remain at a historic low, unemployment is falling rapidly. This = undeniable economic competence. AAA rating will return soon as a consequence. The deficit will indeed take longer than hoped but largely reflects the size of the financial hole labour left the country in and the need for continued economic good management. And at least Osbourne/Cameron acknowledged it's existence in their speeches!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
because he and Osbourne know how to manage an economy. Milliband and Balls don't and no one can deliver anything positive unless the economy is strong.

And where do you draw this conclusion from? Our debt has gone up, our credit rating has gone down. The borrowing targets have been spectacularly missed year on year.

I bet it's from the same people who would say that the credit crunch was all labour's fault

Up to the 2008 crash, the deficit was 25% better than the one they inherited. If 42% was okay in 1996 then whereas their such screaming in 2009?

I don't think labour or the Eds are the total answer but on public services and the nhs I would trust them more than I trust the tories

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Do you know what's really depressing about this thread? The assumption that if you're not swallowing Cameron's UKPLC vision of the future then you must be a Labour voter. Most of you have narrowed your horizons to voting for which of the two main political parties isn't the crappest.

We should all be angry at the moment, the politcal elite of the centre right and centre left has gradually sold our country from under our feet in the last 35 years and we just take it. And look at us now, we're skint, we own precious little of our own means of production, there's major institutional scandals left, right and centre and we're blowing hot air up the PM's arse about a tax bribe that isn't even going to happen.

What's wrong with us all? Seriously.
:thumbsup:

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
What a steaming pile. Most rich people are rich because they're lucky enough to have been born in to wealth. A few each generation are rich because they worked hard and were lucky. Far, far more are poor regardless of working hard.

What utter garbage. I was living in a bedsit in 1996 but got a good job and was earning £40k a year in 97 (Labour came to power) and got bought a flat for £42k on station road in hove and bought another one for £44k and rented them out, everyone could get a mortgage then whether you even earned£15k but Labour came into power and due to mass immigration then people have nearly no chance these days. Blame Labour, they are to blame. Yes, I'm sitting pretty but not due to the Tories but Labour. They have created this housing crises.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You've been slid a few quid (metaphorically) and your vote has been purchased (arguably).

:moo:

As yet I'm not decided but I must apologise for considering what I could do for my family with the extra money rather than have it wasted by central / local government.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here