Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant stuff from David Cameron today

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
What utter garbage. I was living in a bedsit in 1996 but got a good job and was earning £40k a year in 97 (Labour came to power) and got bought a flat for £42k on station road in hove and bought another one for £44k and rented them out, everyone could get a mortgage then whether you even earned£15k but Labour came into power and due to mass immigration then people have nearly no chance these days. Blame Labour, they are to blame. Yes, I'm sitting pretty but not due to the Tories but Labour. They have created this housing crises.

Sorry I have no idea what point you are trying to make with that little combination of personal history and diatribe, if any. Feel free to try again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry I have no idea what point you are trying to make with that little combination of personal history and diatribe, if any. Feel free to try again.

I'm guessing Skylar has an inferiority complex/working class chip on his shoulder as I'm losing track of the amount of times he has told us he has multiple properties. This is his point.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I think a lot of people will agree that which ever main party is voted in at the next election the average person is going to be served a shit filled sandwich. Rather than argue who serves up the biggest shit sandwich, the people need to stand up and refuse the bullshit that's currently being served in this country. We used to be a feisty nation but these days we just roll over whilst watching our rights and freedoms being eroded by the day, whilst those in power (and shadow parties) cover up numerous pedophile rings, attack the most vulnerable in society and generally selling this country down the river. Very depressing times and doesn't look like it's getting any better in the near future.

Dandyman

In London village.
What utter garbage. I was living in a bedsit in 1996 but got a good job and was earning £40k a year in 97 (Labour came to power) and got bought a flat for £42k on station road in hove and bought another one for £44k and rented them out, everyone could get a mortgage then whether you even earned£15k but Labour came into power and due to mass immigration then people have nearly no chance these days. Blame Labour, they are to blame. Yes, I'm sitting pretty but not due to the Tories but Labour. They have created this housing crises.

The housing crisis is caused by a number of things. Chief among them being the failure over 35 years to build any thing like the number of Council and Social housing units the country needs, the selling of the public housing stock, the lack of any real controls over private landlords, buy to let, land hoarding and consequence of those things rampant house price inflation.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
As yet I'm not decided but I must apologise for considering what I could do for my family with the extra money rather than have it wasted by central / local government.

Selfish too.

:moo:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ooh, that makes me a bit angry.

but it's not wrong, is it?

I think a lot of people will agree that which ever main party is voted in at the next election the average person is going to be served a shit filled sandwich.

actually, the average person is probably going to do OK, as they have done and will do most the time.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I suspect most workers earn between 15k and 35k. UKIP will take more Tory votes than Labour but won't win many if any seats. Cam comes across better than Ed. I suspect it will be very close and maybe hung again. If so, ironically Nick Clegg would be in the best position of all the leaders.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The tax cuts won't come in until the deficit is paid off, i.e. NEVER

Never mind the deficit, what about the debt.

I voted Tory last election in the hope they'd get the public finances under control, instead they've piled on more debt than other government in history put together.

Now today Cameron is making crazy promises we just can't afford

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The housing crisis is caused by a number of things. Chief among them being the failure over 35 years to build any thing like the number of Council and Social housing units the country needs, the selling of the public housing stock, the lack of any real controls over private landlords, buy to let, land hoarding and consequence of those things rampant house price inflation.

agree with this, but lets not let the Labour government off the hook here - unbelieveably building less social housing than the previous Conservative government! controls arent any sort of solution, and land hoarding is largely a myth (often less than needed to provide 2 years worth of building pipeline). the problem is planning regulations, pure and simple.

Dandyman

In London village.
agree with this, but lets not let the Labour government off the hook here - unbelieveably building less social housing than the previous Conservative government! controls arent any sort of solution, and land hoarding is largely a myth (often less than needed to provide 2 years worth of building pipeline). the problem is planning regulations, pure and simple.

The failure of Neo-Labour to address the issues is part of the problem. To illustrate the land hoarding issue - Tesco have enough land to build about 15,000 new homes, While the four biggest developers by turnover – Barratt, Berkeley, Persimmon and Taylor Wimpey – have a collective land holding of almost 300,000 plots. Planning regulations have little to do with it other than protecting the Green Belt. There is also the scandal of the estimated 635,127 homes currently empty in England ( figure is based on Council Tax data).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Promising people you won't tax the money that they have earned isn't a bribe. A bribe is when you offer them money that they haven't earned.

And where did you get that definition from then?

I think most people of reasonable intelligence will fully understand what was implied by my post. That is whether it is the Government giving you money or they are just telling you that you can keep more of it. The result is the same thing, you have more money in you pocket at the end of the day and hopefully that will encourage you to vote for them. The problem is the maths don't support what Cameron has said and neither does their track record!

Tommy Tradlles

Aug 22, 2014
Chichester

I think most people of reasonable intelligence will fully understand what was implied by my post. That is whether it is the Government giving you money or they are just telling you that you can keep more of it. The result is the same thing, you have more money in you pocket at the end of the day and hopefully that will encourage you to vote for them. The problem is the maths don't support what Cameron has said and neither does their track record!

You may not believe that the tax cuts can be funded but that's different to being a bribe.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Just like tuition fee's?....Like you say they are all clueless pampered toffs who haven't a clue about the lower classes,bribing it is.

Cameron had ample time to do something about many issues and goes and makes it worse for the strugglers in society.Just a load of Facking dogshite to get those extra votes.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Trying my very bestest to keep clear of the usual NSC political binfest. I do wish David Cameron would stop suggesting that we ALL have to make sacrifices.... With his estimated assets of 30 million he surely can't be including himself in the all ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey, you start an innocent and harmless topical thread and when you come back to it, it's gone crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here