Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Tax-free personal allowance to be raised from £10,500 to £12,500
40% rate raised from £41,900 to £50,000
Abolish zero-hour contracts
NHS budget protected

...and much, much more.

A veritable masterclass in how to deliver to an audience unlike forgetful Ed.

I hope Miliband has not paid a deposit for the removal men next year.
Except it's lies, and can't be paid for.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Except it's lies, and can't be paid for.

Why not? Think 12 & a half bags at the lower rate should be acceptable by 2020.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
No, he sued for loss of earnings.

Did he now? Care to point to anywhere which states this?

A claim for injuries sustained whilst committing a criminal act should have been refused without spending any legal aid.

So if you are doing 21mph in a 20mph zone and a drunk driver rams in to you you're fine with not having any legal recourse?

The claim never reached court because Tony Martin counter claimed and they settled out of court. If he hadn't counterclaimed this would have gone to court, which is ludicrous.

Both statements are untrue. For the former, they both agreed to withdraw their claims. For the latter, Fearon would have to have applied for further legal aid to take the matter to court and there is no guarantee that this would have been granted.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The citizens agree :
Conservatives 35%
Labour 34%
UKIP 14%
Liberals 6%

Poll in The Times today

Seems that this poll, and a couple of others that have the Tories just ahead, were done following the speech but before the papers reported on the detail of the speech. It may well be that there are a lot of people taken in by the undeliverable bribes. We'll have to see how it goes over the next few months.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Seems that this poll, and a couple of others that have the Tories just ahead, were done following the speech but before the papers reported on the detail of the speech. It may well be that there are a lot of people taken in by the undeliverable bribes. We'll have to see how it goes over the next few months.

At least we have the option of being taken in by the Tory bribes. I really can't remember anything Ed has promised us ..... oh, hang on .... lower gas prices .... yes, that's about it. Or did I miss what he plans to give us all ?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
With these tax cuts I am still about 2k a year worse off under this govt. I also have a 100k additional debt my kids will be left with due to their policies.

They will still say people are better off and that they are the party for tax cuts. Ludicrous idiots making and following their policies.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
. I also have a 100k additional debt my kids will be left with due to their policies.

Do you mean tuition fees?................................ those introduced by Tony Blair and his cronies in 1998?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I'm surprised anyone is gullible enough to believe any of it, given his track record on lying to the public before an election. He asked to be judged on his record, it seems the British public have short memories.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Do you mean tuition fees?................................ those introduced by Tony Blair and his cronies in 1998?

Yes I do and I appreciate that the Blair muppets brought those in amongst other poor decisions. The increase up to £9k per year was the tories though, and that increase amounts to the circa £100k additional debt.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So what have Labour promised then ?

Taken from the BBC website:-

Rewarding people for hard work - raising the national wage to halve the number of people on low pay
Tackling the cost of living crisis to make sure wages increased with economic growth
Creating a million jobs in green industries - helping to tackle global climate change
Ensuring companies who want government contracts will provide apprenticeships
Building more homes and making sure 400,000 first-time buyers get on the property ladder each year
Saving the NHS and using the proceeds of a mansion tax on homes above £2m and tax on tobacco firms to pay for it

That said, until they actually do it I wouldn't necessarily believe everything there. However, there are no bribes as far as I can see.
'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm surprised anyone is gullible enough to believe any of it, given his track record on lying to the public before an election. He asked to be judged on his record, it seems the British public have short memories.

Absolutely.

It defies belief, it really does.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Taken from the BBC website:-

Rewarding people for hard work - raising the national wage to halve the number of people on low pay - as has been highlighted, the minimum wage would get to the level Ed suggests anyway
Tackling the cost of living crisis to make sure wages increased with economic growth - a fair aim, not sure how you enforce it
Creating a million jobs in green industries - helping to tackle global climate change - errr .... how ?
Ensuring companies who want government contracts will provide apprenticeships - a really good policy. Look forward to what Capita will do about that !
Building more homes and making sure 400,000 first-time buyers get on the property ladder each year - How ? Especially the second bit ?
Saving the NHS and using the proceeds of a mansion tax on homes above £2m and tax on tobacco firms to pay for it - the mansion tax is a stupidly daft tax and takes no account of the ability to pay. Nothing more than a property envy tax.

That said, until they actually do it I wouldn't necessarily believe everything there. However, there are no bribes as far as I can see.
'

Rather vague promises to say the least.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The citizens agree :
Conservatives 35%
Labour 34%
UKIP 14%
Liberals 6%

Poll in The Times today

Cameron's triumphant address has seen the Tories (35%) lead Labour (34%) in an opinion poll for the first time in yonks.

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/10/02/conservatives-overtake-labour-voting-intention/

See above post.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
See above re: gullibility.

Tedious and patronising how people (on all sides of the debate) claim that if someone doesn't agree with their viewpoint they must somehow be a fool. Perhaps the gullible one's are those that can never see past their own entrenched political stance and their own prejudices.

This latest poll is probably a reflection of the two leader's speeches. We all know that the most important issues facing the country is the economy. One leader didn't even mention it. Milliband was negative and divisive whilst Cameron was positive and confident. The poll is a snapshot of that moment. Tomorrow something will turn the table and thus the polls.

But because people don't agree with you they are not gullible!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Milliband was negative and divisive whilst Cameron was positive and confident.

One leader is representing the current government, and the other is the leader of the opposition. Of course one is trumpeting the status quo, and the other is finding fault. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here