Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's worst XI

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Turienzo is the only player who has ever actually made me laugh through his complete incompetence.

He was so uncoordinated and unbalanced, the summariser at the time once described him (when trying to chase down a ball) as like a demented cow charging down a spiral staircase whilst wearing stilettos! PML.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And for good measure, stick Chris holroyd alongside him. We will never, ever, get a shot on target, let alone a goal!!

Watch the game mate, his runs and his movement pull the defence apart leaving space for others to exploit. The fact he didn't shoot, let alone score, doesn't MATTER. You don't understand the game. :dunce:

Worst team;

Henderson
Hoyte Hawkins Carr Campbell
Carole Fraser Bennett McLeod
Hilton Mahoney-Johnson​

Carole was magic that first time, the second and third times he was pathetic. Fat Kevin McLeod deserves a mention, as does Darren Carr - utter donkey. Jamie Campbell at left back, awful player and Michael Mahoney-Johnson was a complete imposter. Signed on loan as a striker but ended up having a go at left back. I forget his first name but we had a guy in the second season at the Priestfield who played central midfield terribly, all season. His name was Bennett, but his first name escapes me. Atrocious turd of a player who was massively shown up by the QUALITY of Andy Arnott.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mark Farrington needs to go in there somewhere, he was sublimely rubbish. Modern day players would have to include Ryan Harley, Kemi Agustein and that defender at Withdean who scored the beautiful diving header own goal*. His name escapes me. Oh...and Nathan Elder.

*edit - Colin Hawkins.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
'Silky' Dave Cameron
Les Briley
John Crumplin (wing)
Harley

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
too subjective as some of our utter shithouse players we've had in the championship would look like absolute megastars in the 97/98 team

apart from leon best- he'd still look shit

This. Paynter and Obika look like Messi compared with Mahoney-Johnston, the worst footballer I've ever seen. And that's before we mention Christer Warren, Laurence Davies and co.

Even in the Withdean era we've had some shockers: Holdroyd, Dixon and Silky Dave Cameron

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mark Farrington needs to go in there somewhere, he was sublimely rubbish. Modern day players would have to include Ryan Harley, Kemi Agustein and that defender at Withdean who scored the beautiful diving header. His name escapes me. Oh...and Nathan Elder.

Colin Hawkins

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Darren Hughes, Dale Jasper, Mark Farrington, Micky Thomas, Les Briley, Raphael Meade ...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Darren Hughes, Dale Jasper, Mark Farrington, Micky Thomas, Les Briley, Raphael Meade ...

Did you nod off in the mid to late 90s? None of these would be close to the worst. Well, Thomas would be, but that was due to his lack of application rather than ability

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Watch the game mate, his runs and his movement pull the defence apart leaving space for others to exploit. The fact he didn't shoot, let alone score, doesn't MATTER. You don't understand the game. :dunce:

Worst team;

Henderson
Hoyte Hawkins Carr Campbell
Carole Fraser Bennett McLeod
Hilton Mahoney-Johnson​

Carole was magic that first time, the second and third times he was pathetic. Fat Kevin McLeod deserves a mention, as does Darren Carr - utter donkey. Jamie Campbell at left back, awful player and Michael Mahoney-Johnson was a complete imposter. Signed on loan as a striker but ended up having a go at left back. I forget his first name but we had a guy in the second season at the Priestfield who played central midfield terribly, all season. His name was Bennett, but his first name escapes me. Atrocious turd of a player who was massively shown up by the QUALITY of Andy Arnott.

If Henderson could have avoided saving every shot by pushing it into the path of the on rushing striker to tap in the rebound then he would have been world class

Surely Graeme concede two goals a game Smith should be up there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here