Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's WORST PUB World Cup - nominations

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For all the West Street dives alluded to, can we have some names? Not going include 'every Wetherspoons' or 'every pub in West Street'.

But you can have YATES'S because it's been named twice and seconded and because, well, it's bloody awful.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Jury's Out.

(That's it's name, not me sitting on the fence). Didn't realise it was a bar for the ladies. Just thought it was a dive.

The Marlborough, now that is very much a ladies bar.

And lovey darlings.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I nominate Horatio's Bar.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not a Brightonian, and very rarely drink there, but what's the name of that up your own arse establishment next to the Theatre Royal? Bloody rude barstaff as l recall.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not a Brightonian, and very rarely drink there, but what's the name of that up your own arse establishment next to the Theatre Royal? Bloody rude barstaff as l recall.

The Colonnade?

Don't know about all of them but a good friend of mine who used to run The Cricketers works there now and he's one of nicest most down to earth people I know.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I nominate Horatio's Bar.

Good shout, there's nothing quite as classy as a P***ed up hen do "singing" karaoke at 2 in the afternoon on the end of the pier. THIRDED.

I'm sure it's been nominated but special mention for the Wetherspoon's on North Street, it's the most soulless place I've ever had the misfortune of drinking in. I can understand the one on West Street but this one has no real purpose.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The Colonnade?

Don't know about all of them but a good friend of mine who used to run The Cricketers works there now and he's one of nicest most down to earth people I know.

I think it's supposed to be up its arse. It's a Theatre Bar, dahhhhling.

Both Colonnade and the Cricketers are owned by Golden Lion.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think it's supposed to be up its arse. It's a Theatre Bar, dahhhhling.

Both Colonnade and the Cricketers are owned by Golden Lion.

The Colonnade is pure greasepaint Brighton. A large G+T before the show luvvy? It's the pub where you are most likely to find Kolley Kibber, sat in the corner with a light ale and a Woodbine.

PG

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Freshfield on Freshfield Road. Horrendously unwelcoming. No ales

Indeed. I used to live about 50 yards down the hill from there for about 12 years and never went in. Had a definite "pick a window you're leaving" aura about it. There was a fight in there one night and one of the protagonists apparently decided he'd walk off down the round punching in car windows with his bare fits - including my step-daughters :rant:

bhachris

Nov 20, 2011
The Grenadier, Hangleton, what a hole, pregnant birds smoking fags and getting pissed up outside, little darlings screaming and running about, food is microwaved crap, no pool table anymore, dirty, filthy hole, at £2.20 for a Carlsberg takes ages to get a drink too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This can only be good publicity for whatever dreadful dive wins this competition. I know I'll seek out 'The Worst Pub in Brighton' for a swift half just for curiosity like. It's quite an achievement being the worst- takes some doing.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Not that I frequent them that much any more, can I say The Constant Service, purely on the basis that it used to be so good, and now it isn't.

Whats happened to the Constant. Used it many years ago. Twas a great boozer. Last time I had a drink in there it must have been 10 years ago and it was full of students and teacher types :drink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The County Oak is pretty shit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here