Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's WORST PUB World Cup - nominations

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Nelson has been done up lately. The beer quality is better, the decor is better and it's expanding into next door soon, but is still a good old boozer.

Is that the Lord Nelson in the North Laines?

10014565_10152320494821635_490453491_n.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh yeah, I know this won't get much support but The Lion & Lobster is a god awful place full of hipsters and Brighton Am-Drammers and rammed to the ****ing gunnels every weekend. So proud of their outside area which consists of a landing with a barrell to sit on and a bit of top decking with 2 small tables. Hideous place.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Oh yeah, I know this won't get much support but The Lion & Lobster is a god awful place full of hipsters and Brighton Am-Drammers and rammed to the ****ing gunnels every weekend. So proud of their outside area which consists of a landing with a barrell to sit on and a bit of top decking with 2 small tables. Hideous place.

Seconded.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Dagnammit, only just seen this thread. It's tricky because all pubs on West Street would win outright. As well as places like The Zone on St James. For me, far worse than places on West St, although they are awful, are places like Constant Service. A once great pub turned to crap by the coked up, self impressed nitwits that took over a few years back. Christ, the coke and depression are dripping off the walls in that place now.

The Buskers is an almighty hole too.
How could I forget the Blind Busker, I hate the place. Seconded.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
its quite depressing reading this as makes you realise that for a so called trendy big city we have far more complete dives than actual half decent pubs....I thought Brighton was bad, living in Hove now makes me realise that's not much better either! The Seafield and all of the George Street pubs really do take some beating for being beyond dire! Be interesting to see how the new rotisserie bar & grill where once the Tin Drum was on 2nd Avenue Hove turns out. Instinct and experience says once the initial few days novelty wears off it will just end up being the usual wannabee plastics spending all day at the bar and within weeks back to what it was pre-refit! Comes to something when only vaguely ok bar for a drink is a station pub like the one at Hove Station as beyond that I can't think of any vaguely decent one at all!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
its quite depressing reading this as makes you realise that for a so called trendy big city we have far more complete dives than actual half decent pubs....I thought Brighton was bad, living in Hove now makes me realise that's not much better either! The Seafield and all of the George Street pubs really do take some beating for being beyond dire! Be interesting to see how the new rotisserie bar & grill where once the Tin Drum was on 2nd Avenue Hove turns out. Instinct and experience says once the initial few days novelty wears off it will just end up being the usual wannabee plastics spending all day at the bar and within weeks back to what it was pre-refit! Comes to something when only vaguely ok bar for a drink is a station pub like the one at Hove Station as beyond that I can't think of any vaguely decent one at all!

Just look at the best pub in Brighton World Cup to cheer yourself up, it's not all bad. Hove does seem to have more than it's fair share of crap pubs though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

The Station gets knocked but its not a bad bar, The ancient mariner is alright too, according to my dad the poets corner (The eclipse) is a decent enough pub, kept its roots and hasnt tried to be a tarted up pub with wooden floors.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
How can the Blind Busker be voted for the WORST pub in Brighton? It's certainly not amazing, but if pubs like that are being included, it's going to be one looong competition.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
agreed, it is a bit rough and ready around the edges but despite that it is one of the few Hove pubs where normal type people can have a drink and catch up without being surrounded by street drinkers and crazy types screaming non stop and also where there's none of the fake snobbery and pretend wealth which most bars/pubs have in the area. If the BB was voted the worst then clearly some people haven't been in many pubs!
How can the Blind Busker be voted for the WORST pub in Brighton? It's certainly not amazing, but if pubs like that are being included, it's going to be one looong competition.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Any pubs you guys do like?

Meh, that's how it goes I guess. Some of my absolutely favourite pubs in Brighton have been mentioned in this thread.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Have to say I've yet to go to a Brighton pubs that plumets to the depths of some Crawley pubs, so perhaps I may have to visit a few of these nominations.

The world needs crap pubs, as if there weren't any, their "customers" would have to go elsewhere........

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The pounding JLS and other delights from MTV at every hour of the day don't help its cause.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's owned by the Lion Group so I expect it to be pricey!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here