Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Next Signing (merged)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's obviously unlikely, but imagine if we managed to sign McCann and Milito and managed to persuade The Dagger to stay:

------------------Kuzszcak-----------------------
----Bruno-------Greer------El-Abd----Bridge-----
------------------Bridcutt------------------------
-----------McCann------Vicente------------------
---Buckley----------------------------LuaLua-----
-------------------Milito---------------------------

Bench: Brezovan, Dunk, Noone, CMS, Barnes, Calderon, Sparrow

Shiiiiit.

What a thought that is. :D

Uncle Albert

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
Just a thought but what about Owen Hargreaves on a free? Would need to be 'pay as you play' for obvious reasons but was fit and training for City before being released!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Looks like Gus is actually working this from the back forward. First a keeper, then a right back, then a left back. So it has to be a midfielder next and with it looking less and less likely we will ever see Vicente again, a forward thinking creative midfielder please.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Looks like Gus is actually working this from the back forward. First a keeper, then a right back, then a left back. So it has to be a midfielder next and with it looking less and less likely we will ever see Vicente again, a forward thinking creative midfielder please.

I'm pretty sure Gus said it was a co-incidence, but I think it'll be either a defensive or box to box midfielder rather than creative, think he's hoping some good signings can bring him back.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Must be a good one if even the police are tweeting about it.

Darren Balkham‏@Suspolfootball

A good signing for #bhafc today and if the rumours are correct another excellent one to come very soon. #roleonaugust

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I cant imagine that McCann is the spectacular sit up and take notice signing everyone ITK seems to be suggesting....

Not the gem but a good honest no nonsense player with plenty of committment, not a little skill, and great energy. You need footsoldiers alongside the stars to allow them to play and I'm sure Gus was looking for just that to support Vicente. If we now need to replace Vicente then that is another signing and maybe that will be the gem............... or maybe(most likely) the gem is the striker?

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
So just Hargreaves, Lampard and Michael Owen to go with a couple more loans from Chelsea?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Didn't Ballotelli join our feeder club from Milan, that's nailed then sensational signing is Ballotelli.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Must be a good one if even the police are tweeting about it.

Darren Balkham‏@Suspolfootball

A good signing for #bhafc today and if the rumours are correct another excellent one to come very soon. #roleonaugust

If Bridge is good and the potential signing is excellent, they must be pretty good! Next week is going to be spent checking NSC then.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
We had one Ballotelli once before and he was a disaster...............oh no sorry that was Bellotti

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not the gem but a good honest no nonsense player with plenty of committment, not a little skill, and great energy. You need footsoldiers alongside the stars to allow them to play and I'm sure Gus was looking for just that to support Vicente. If we now need to replace Vicente then that is another signing and maybe that will be the gem............... or maybe(most likely) the gem is the striker?

McCann won't be the "spectacular" player people are talking about but if Vicente is off, there is a fair chance that his replacement will be that and McCann is the box to box midfielder we were after. As someone else said, he fits our bill of adding height to the midfield and being a step up from what we have. At 24 he also has potential to improve so could be a great signing.

I am pretty sure that Gus said two more when he thought Vicente was signing so it is probably now three more and McCann could definitely do a good job for us.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I am pretty sure that Gus said two more when he thought Vicente was signing so it is probably now three more and McCann could definitely do a good job for us.

On Seagull Player yesterday Gus said there are 2 more on the way and could be 3 or 4

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
On Seagull Player yesterday Gus said there are 2 more on the way and could be 3 or 4

Sounds promising. As said before the central midfielder and striker are presumably the two on their way with a possible third being Vicente's replacement. Not sure who the fourth would be but I suppose it depends on any fringe players leaving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here