Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Next Signing (merged)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It is possible - their financial history is certainly chaotic and they were burdened with debts that may not have been cleared - hard to know what the situation is with the new owners as the change of colour indicates a certain desperation to create a sales market in the far east rather than a structured plan and no-one in the club has a clue what their actual wealth or financial plans for the club are. Their press conference about 6 weeks ago was an absolute farce and very worrying for Cardiff fans. It could work out but I think you are right that it is another club taking an all or nothing gamble on promotion based on money they don't have. Maintaining cashflow to next May has to be their off field priority while on field it is promotion as the only target. If they don't make it up this season I think they will go into admin at very best.

From what i have read, it looks as if the new investors are offering to invest approx £80million one of the terms of the investment was the change of the colour of the kit. reading further into it, the investors dont look to be investing that £80million as capitial but as debt, so assuming they go up they will take thier £80million (debt) back out and not losing anything, if the club go tits up they walk away from the club and write the £80million they 'invested' off leaving Cardiff in serious Doodoo. this is only my understanding i could of course be wrong.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
From what i have read, it looks as if the new investors are offering to invest approx £80million one of the terms of the investment was the change of the colour of the kit. reading further into it, the investors dont look to be investing that £80million as capitial but as debt, so assuming they go up they will take thier £80million (debt) back out and not losing anything, if the club go tits up they walk away from the club and write the £80million they 'invested' off leaving Cardiff in serious Doodoo. this is only my understanding i could of course be wrong.

ooh i do hope you're right.....welsh twatts, soul crew ..pah...!!

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Lukaku next then? Chances?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here