[News] Brighton waste collection strike….

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 2719

What I would like to see is uncle Bulgaria, going toe to toe with some of these lazy losers. If that fails bring in the big guns of Tomsk.

Can anyone back these litter louts?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Anyone want to own up?
7cdf3bd899ef9ebacc49956aa68f8931.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Get it resolved and get back to work. The Union are probably the obstruction here, as usual. Their priority is media attention, not the workers and certainly not the residents of this City which is currently a disgusting mess (again).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'm going to be quite smug for a moment.
Seeing in the news that this was coming, we switched to "dirty waste", "clean waste" and "recycling" - ie what will smell/attract vermin vs what is dry/clean and could sit in black bags in the garage/shed for a month or so without an issue plus the normal split of recyclable waste which I'd also class as clean. So at the moment, being a little bit more disciplined, we're not yet overflowing and hopefully won't be during the current action.
Then, as a bonus, we seem to be a wind trap for everyone else's sh*t on bin day. The collectors seem more than a little carefree about letting small bits blow around and some unfortunate geography/meteorology means it all ends up in our garden. No bin collections... no litter-filled garden!

Not sure how long I can remain smug, but for now I will remain annoying!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The current state of the Council is a disgrace.

The Greens might mean well but are incompetent and Labour got rid of Warren Morgan & Nancy Platts, both decent people who were moderate and ran the council reasonably well.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The current state of the Council is a disgrace.

The Greens might mean well but are incompetent and Labour got rid of Warren Morgan & Nancy Platts, both decent people who were moderate and ran the council reasonably well.

Robert Nemeth who someone earlier on in the thread was lauding, has suggested that the local Labour group have some involvement in encouraging the strike in order to bring the Greens down, a claim that if of course is vehemently denied by Labour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Robert Nemeth who someone earlier on in the thread was lauding, has suggested that the local Labour group have some involvement in encouraging the strike in order to bring the Greens down, a claim that if of course is vehemently denied by Labour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where did he suggest this? That's quite a serious allegation for him to make.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Nonetheless, people in the rest of the country will be scratching their heads at the irony of the city boasting Britain's ONLY Green MP being serially incapable of running a properly functioning and staffed waste management service.

Well, probably only those with a very weak grasp of what the responsibility of an MP is and what the responsibility of a council is

Generally yes though. This is bad for our cities image.

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
The citys image!!???...thats a joke ive lived here now for over 50 years and i can tell you that in the last 10 years it has slowly become the biggest shit hole it has ever been

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

Where did he suggest this? That's quite a serious allegation for him to make.

The Councillor is a very keen troll and I disagree with him on many things. But he's passionate about Hove and has been actively involved in a number of local initiatives (flower beds at Hove Lagoon, road adjustments for disabled users, etc).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Famous at last, just mentioned on the BBC1 6 o'clock news

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports