Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Watford now 1215 KO penultimate day

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I found this the other day: Your team:

Brighton have had 13 live Football League games shown on Sky Sports since the beginning of the 2009/2010 season (excluding play-offs), with an average audience of 298,000.

Bloody impressed if we got an average gate of 298,000. I thought everyone wasn't renewing!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bloody impressed if we got an average gate of 298,000. I thought everyone wasn't renewing!

I don't think it is called a "gate" when they are in their own living rooms. Maybe an "armchair"

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At least it's still on the saturday. Whilst not a massive inconvenience it is annoying to have the last home game of the season messed around with for the second season in a row.

Also I do believe this now provides a massive headache for the Albion Roar team who will now have to reschedule the recording of the final week's show. I cannot believe Sky did not take this into consideration!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
£80k - It's really not a money spinner at our level.

Albion's revenue in 2013/14 from TV was 22.5% of their total income (ie: £5.4m of £24m).
A sizeable sum but yes the Championship TV deal is relatively small compared to the Prem. Up there broadcasting/TV income can be 70/80% plus of total income for clubs outside the top 5/6.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Albion's revenue in 2013/14 from TV was 22.5% of their total income (ie: £5.4m of £24m).
A sizeable sum but yes the Championship TV deal is relatively small compared to the Prem. Up there broadcasting/TV income can be 70/80% plus of total income for clubs outside the top 5/6.

Staggering really isn't it - WTF will happen when the TV bubble bursts?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Great. I'm getting my Open University degree at a ceremony at the Dome at 11am. Half-tempted to sack that off except that I've paid for the Batman gown and everything.

My wife will be there getting her OU degree as well which also means I'll be there and sadly not at the Footy :eek:( Bah !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We were booked on Eurotunnel mid-evening. Combining babysitting in Holland with an onward trip for a few weeks spring holiday in the south of France. Got to move it to an afternoon crossing now. Think we might travel down on Friday and stop in London

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
£80k - It's really not a money spinner at our level.

That really suprises me , god knows why i thought it was what i thought it was , take the the loss on the gate due to it being on telly then the profit margins cant be that great .

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Staggering really isn't it - WTF will happen when the TV bubble bursts?
Players like Steven Fletcher will swap his Lamborghini and Bently for a Mondeo on HP, and supporters will end up paying more for tickets

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
That really suprises me , god knows why i thought it was what i thought it was , take the the loss on the gate due to it being on telly then the profit margins cant be that great .

Yeah, dispiriting isn't it - It was John Vicars, Derby's COO who I talked to about this, mentioned that on a typical game (ie. not Forest or play off etc), they pretty much break even on the deal. The clubs don't have to agree to a certain game being on Sky but I'm not sure how it would work if they started refusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here