Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton shirts - plain v striped

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When Freddie Goodwin became manager he changed to all white with blue trim as he wanted ux to belike Leeds and hopefu.lly play like Leeds
I know I shall get slated for this but it is a fact that when Greg Stanley took over as chairman he wanted to change our kit to all blue like his beloved Chelsea and I had a very heated argument with him at The Blue Peter Club and backed by Alan Mullery that that was sacrilidge as BHA were traditionally blue and white striipes and he conceded that we were right.

Iam suprised that nobody picked me up on the fact that Greg Stanley wasnt chairman as that was Brian Bedson and then Archer but he was the most influential person on the board at the time.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The problem with the central stripe is similar to the difficulty with the sash. It's a bit, er, Crystal Palace ...

View attachment 50412

Personally, I think the connection of a central stripe with Ajax is much stronger than with Palace, especially if it's a single colour.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
right decision backed with correct logic. can we av red/black stripes for change(not away) strip tho? (like ac milan, class)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There's a 1984 (all blue) matchworn number 7 shirt for sale on eBay at the moment if you have deep pockets.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There's a 1984 (all blue) matchworn number 7 shirt for sale on eBay at the moment if you have deep pockets.

Can't see it. Where's the link? Thanks.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's flipping gorgeous!

I can just about wear the one you sold me.
Did match worn ones really have a number on the front of the shirt? Seems most irregular!

Number on the front is what they did the following season when they used the previous seasons kit as training gear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here