Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

DFW

Jun 6, 2013
Of course it's a no, unless you pop over to BBS and get Seaside Eagle (Nigels Mate on here) to pay up his bet he made to REMF.

But you won't do that will you, you'll have a chuckle that one of your mates screwed over a Brighton Charity.

A lot of assumptions there matey.

Albion Rob

So, thats a no then???

:)

Sure but given past history I'm going to have to insist that we both cough up £500 now and pay it into an account held by a third party. Then 12 months from now one of us will get £500 back and the REMF and the Leukemia charity (good call) gets the other £500 plus any interest (sadly probably pitiful off a grand but it all counts). I guess GG would be the best person to arrange this as he seems to be the REMF chap.

Does all this sound ok with you?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In his classy email, my girlfriends brother works for BHAFC. If you think it wasn't a Brighton employee, you have become a parody of yourself.

He didn't know anything of the sort. He was assuming. This was well before the investigation and Barber's response of not knowing who it was or whether it was deliberate. So I guess we'll never know for sure.

Sure but given past history I'm going to have to insist that we both cough up £500 now and pay it into an account held by a third party. Then 12 months from now one of us will get £500 back and the REMF and the Leukemia charity (good call) gets the other £500 plus any interest (sadly probably pitiful off a grand but it all counts). I guess GG would be the best person to arrange this as he seems to be the REMF chap.

Of course it doesn't, that would mean actually paying up if he lost.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Top man Rob.

In his classy email, my girlfriends brother works for BHAFC. If you think it wasn't a Brighton employee, you have become a parody of yourself.

The greatest shame about poohgate is that the appalling behaviour of Ian Holloway has been overlooked. To the detriment of Crystal Palace FC they glorified his pompous berating of an innocent Albion woman official on their end of season documentary - screaming and swearing at her. Still it was to be expected as he did it to a Palace fan at a media conference earlier in the season, so don't come on here talking about class.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Shame from a palace point of view this looks to be a dead duck as I think he would have fitted into our system well , if he was not a Brighton player I think we would have snaped him up
A point of intrest did he want to come to palace or not ,will he have the hump for not being allowed only time will tell I guess

I see the palace gimp has logged off when given the chance to prove he'd actually pay up if he lost the bet he put up.

But then I never expected anything else really.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Apparently the midfielder said to be flying in from the continent to discuss a move to Palace is Guedioura from...erm....Nottingham Forest.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Shame from a palace point of view this looks to be a dead duck as I think he would have fitted into our system well , if he was not a Brighton player I think we would have snaped him up
A point of intrest did he want to come to palace or not ,will he have the hump for not being allowed only time will tell I guess

Why would he want to go to you if he wasn't a Brighton player? No one else wants to go to you if they have a choice of going to a another premiership club.

Albion Rob

I see the palace gimp has logged off when given the chance to prove he'd actually pay up if he lost the bet he put up.

But then I never expected anything else really.

In the spirit of charity maybe he's just gone to bed. Which is exactly where I'm headed (I'm an hour ahead over here). DFW - if you want to square things off then just post on this thread rather than PMing me as I usually lurk rather than logging in these days.

Cheers

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

No that was the whole idea of the joke bid imo. And a changing of the arm. Thoroughly unprofessional by Parish imo, as often is the case. He's a fan, not a chairman and has said as much himself.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My point is Palace could easily afford LB. As could any Prem club. It seems Bannan has put paid to any interest in LB thou. Like it or not, promotion was worth a minimum of £120m (that's just the Sky money, not all the extra income the prem brings). This gives Prem clubs financial muscle when dealing with Championship clubs (but not other prem clubs).

Delusions of Grandeur.

Most of the money your scummy club will get from your one season in the top flight (that is your customary stay isn't it?) will be to re-build that shithole of a 'stadium' you are in before half of it is condemned. You have less financial muscle than you think-especially next season when Wurzel's glory boys make a hasty return to The Championship and you're stuck with massive wages and a return to 12,000 season tickets. You do realise that the £120M doesn't all come at once don't you? Your creditors will find out soon enough, as they always do when you don't pay them.

I'm interested what extra income you think you're going to get? Of course, it'll be from the millions of replica shirts you'll be selling in Asia, silly me not to have seen the obvious. I think Leicester City had the same ideas.

You fluked it into the Premier League and for that you currently have bragging rights. However, history tells us that you will feck up financially in double quick time and you'll be back to the ass end of The Championship quicker than you can say 'We owe how much'?

Now run along sonny-the grown ups are talking.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Delusions of Grandeur.

Most of the money your scummy club will get from your one season in the top flight (that is your customary stay isn't it?) will be to re-build that shithole of a 'stadium' you are in before half of it is condemned. You have less financial muscle than you think-especially next season when Wurzel's glory boys make a hasty return to The Championship and you're stuck with massive wages and a return to 12,000 season tickets. You do realise that the £120M doesn't all come at once don't you? Your creditors will find out soon enough, as they always do when you don't pay them.

I'm interested what extra income you think you're going to get? Of course, it'll be from the millions of replica shirts you'll be selling in Asia, silly me not to have seen the obvious. I think Leicester City had the same ideas.

You fluked it into the Premier League and for that you currently have bragging rights. However, history tells us that you will feck up financially in double quick time and you'll be back to the ass end of The Championship quicker than you can say 'We owe how much'?

Now run along sonny-the grown ups are talking.

Bloody hell Brian, you need some anger management.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here