• The Basketmakers Arms

Votes: 100 49.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The halloumi and roasted veg ciabatta I had in the BoT on Saturday was FANTASTIC, although the accompanying chips were unusually anaemic. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and they get my vote.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Ovett v Coe. Ovett used to train on Ditchling Road as my old man drove to work at STC many moons ago. This is completely irrelevant I know.

Although if Ovett was a pub he'd be the BOT.

Plus the BOT has got a pool table*. Have fond memories playing in there as a youngster.

*Twas back in Brighton the other week and went to the Brewery Tap with a mate to watch some lunchtime football. We used to frequent the boozer when Denise ran it and red-nosed taxi driver Chris drank the place dry of cider. Anyway, some middle aged guys wander in with their own pool cues, lay down £30's worth of pound coins on the table and start their marathon pool session. Now I might not have wanted to play a game of pool but isn't this behaviour a tad w@nky?

Rant over :annoyed:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The BoT has been my regular for 20yrs. Apart from owners, it has, more or less, remained unchanged. Fantastic.
I love the Baskets also, but this is my number 1. The staff and the Harvey's have generally remained really really good.
Generations of Albion fans have passed through its doors. I have met some of my best friends within. During the battles of the late 90s, it really was our 'war rooms' where a lot of shenanigans were planned.
We still have our table reserved ( although some JCLs planted their arses in there, Saturday!!!)
COYBOTs

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I love the ambience at the BoT. The selection of ciders also helps :)

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Lmao

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If someone asked me the best pub in Brighton I would not say The Battle of Trafalger. It's okay. But the best?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm on tapatalk at the moment and can't see the result. I'm guess BoT has it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The final has been decided. The outcome confirmed.

This year's Brighton Pub World Cup Winner is...

The Battle of Trafalgar

Congratulations all round

celebrate.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports