Brighton players who could head a ball

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Martin Chivers, scored an absolute classic headed goal at orient in 1979

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
With respect. That is absolute tosh

Unfortunately it isnt. ive given you two classic examples which, if you study it, are fact. If i had my hands on all the games this season i could give you plenty more instances where he is so poor in the air.

West Ham away. Joke defending led to vaz te, scoring a header he had no right to win. Greers mistake.

There you go thats three examples

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unfortunately it isnt. ive given you two classic examples which, if you study it, are fact. If i had my hands on all the games this season i could give you plenty more instances where he is so poor in the air.

West Ham away. Joke defending led to vaz te, scoring a header he had no right to win. Greers mistake.

There you go thats three examples

wow! centre back makes three mistakes in a season.......tough call :nono:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I don't think Steve Foster was that good a header but he did have an uncanny ability to judge early where a ball was going to land and get into position before any attacker. And once he was in postion not many attackers managed to shove him out of the way.

Maybe this is why he didn't score that many goals - defensive heading is all about getting into position early while attacking heading is more about arriving late

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here